Author Topic: Ducky Dye Sublimated Keycaps  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Rafen

Ducky Dye Sublimated Keycaps
« on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 14:46:52 »
I haven't heard anything on the release of these and couldn't seem to find any online. Does anyone know where I can find them or if they have even been released yet?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Ducky Dye Sublimated Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 14:53:51 »
Don't think they've been released yet. Are you referring to the ones they teased when they posted pictures on their FaceBook?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Rafen

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 17:47:02 »
Yeah I was talking about the ones they had on their Facebook page. Thanks for the link but those are the keyboards not just the keycaps.

Offline jabar

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 17:52:27 »
Only sold with keyboards, not by themselves.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Rafen

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 17:56:42 »
That is so dumb. Well so much for buying those. Thanks for the help.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 18:00:57 »
Ducky Nordic can provide just the keycaps, but in very limited quantities (already or very soon).  They seem to supply a European store Teraset.  They've also been able to supply pink and white Shine cap sets to them, whereas those are still not available elsewhere.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Sniping

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 18:14:42 »
I was in Hong Kong all of last week and many stores were already carrying these keyboards. I didn't bring one back because I couldn't really justify having another cherry keyboard with generic red blue black brown switches when I already have my topre. These are indeed very thick PBT dyesub keycaps, no TKL is offered but the pricing is very good at around $115-120USD, or 890 HKD. If I were you I'd just get the whole keyboard, this doesn't cost much more than imsto PBT dyesub keycaps, which are like $75 a set if I remember. The Ducky boards felt really solid when I tried them.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 18:47:08 »
I was in Hong Kong all of last week and many stores were already carrying these keyboards. I didn't bring one back because I couldn't really justify having another cherry keyboard with generic red blue black brown switches when I already have my topre. These are indeed very thick PBT dyesub keycaps, no TKL is offered but the pricing is very good at around $115-120USD, or 890 HKD. If I were you I'd just get the whole keyboard, this doesn't cost much more than imsto PBT dyesub keycaps, which are like $75 a set if I remember. The Ducky boards felt really solid when I tried them.

I would rather not spend the money to buy another keyboard just for the keycaps when I already have one that is similar.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 19:24:31 »
I am planning to buy one --- the all grey keycaps specifically --- do you want to trade another set with me?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline Rafen

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 19:35:50 »
I am planning to buy one --- the all grey keycaps specifically --- do you want to trade another set with me?

Thanks for the offer but I don't want to do that simply because you would be over paying for the board just to get those keycaps. I will just wait and see if they sell them separately or sell my current Ducky and buy one with those keycaps.

Offline nsrexler

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 08:38:12 »
If I remember correctly, Ducky said on their facebook page that they would be releasing the keycaps separately at some point after releasing the keyboards.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 21:05:46 »
If I remember correctly, Ducky said on their facebook page that they would be releasing the keycaps separately at some point after releasing the keyboards.

I hope your right. That would be a lot better than spending the money on another keyboard that is almost identical to mine.