Author Topic: Pot Leaf Keycap  (Read 11580 times)

Offline Galaxy

Re: Pot Leaf Keycap
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 21:08:06 »
I whipped up a quick example of the "vices" keycap set that I would love to have.

Although I could see it being done in a variety of colors I am rather fond of how this came out in simple black and white. I have no experience with designing keycaps so I have no idea if any of this is too complex, but I imagine this would translate beautifully to keycaps.

and in white on black:

Nubbinator, if it's possible to add this whole set to your planned group buy that would be awesome; otherwise I would really appreciate any pointers on how to start a group buy, I wouldn't know where to begin.

(edit) If anyone has any ideas for another I would love to round this set out to an even 6
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 21:39:05 by Galaxy »
Filco Majestouch 2     Ducky Zero DK2108

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 22:10:16 »
I would love that set! Since its just two basic colors double shots are probably possible. Too much detail can often times make double shots not possible but I think these ones would be just fine.  If not they they can be dye subbed. Your best bet would be to start an interest check thread for them and see how many people are interested. Then if there is enough interest you can explore your options as far as what kind of caps to make (double shot etc) and where to get them made. Since Nub has already expressed interest in helping you you're definitely off to a good start with this. Good luck. I'm in for a set. As far as an additional cap goes, hmmm I don't know. I'll think more about it.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 12:37:49 »
The thing you may not or (may) understand about Clack Factory is their colors and even materials are... experimental? yet refined. On top of that he uses 2 and even 3 'shots' of plastic creating one custom mold cap. Each meticulously QC'd as well. The skeletor is just a continuing OG art design of his.

I was lucky enough to win a Oktoberfest in the EliteKeyboards Fall drawing, that was like my 4th or 5th try, and it just happened to work out randomly. Its hard to be aware of timings of random sales... so you dont feed the ugly flippers, and the profit fully goes to those who deserve it.

Not to say I wouldnt buy a set of your caps. just trying to say I agree, and help understand you just happen to be looking at some of the highest quality, yet un-numbered, exclusively sold 'art' keycaps.

Your design might be very cool done in colored translucent polycarbonate. like these

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 16:05:29 »
You guys need that Vice set to go together with a key set in Miami colors. ;p

Seriously, though, that looks cool, and is a lot more interesting to me than a skull in another color.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 16:07:34 »
You guys need that Vice set to go together with a key set in Miami colors. ;p

Seriously, though, that looks cool, and is a lot more interesting to me than a skull in another color.

Oohuhu~ I see what you did there. I don't really care for these pleasures but that is a cool idea. Would love to see a mock-up of Miami Vice caps :))