Author Topic: What is your take on the Syrian refugee crisis? (Europeans wanted!)  (Read 9869 times)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: What is your take on the Syrian refugee crisis? (Europeans wanted!)
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 13:41:45 »
If you read current affairs or had any clue about the world outside your narrow little world you might have some idea as to why I'm not going to the effort to argue against your nonsense.

:)
I do read current affairs. I try to get a broad view of the world by observing as many sources from different parts of the world as I can, although I typically stay away from popular western media due to the degree to which it is biased, especially against Assad, Putin and anti-immigration.

When it comes to vast issues like this it's incredibly hard to find truths. There is bias and propaganda from all sides. All we can do is observe sources, evaluate the credibility of those sources and then take from them what we see fit. This is what I've done.

Perhaps your thinking that what I'm saying is baseless nonsense says something about the lack of diversity in the sources which you observe. I assure you that nothing I've said is the product of my own imagination.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2015, 13:43:45 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 14:02:52 »
If you read current affairs or had any clue about the world outside your narrow little world you might have some idea as to why I'm not going to the effort to argue against your nonsense.

I do read current affairs. I try to get a broad view of the world by observing as many sources from different parts of the world as I can, although I typically stay away from popular western media due to the degree to which it is biased, especially against Assad, Putin and anti-immigration.

When it comes to vast issues like this it's incredibly hard to find truths. There is bias and propaganda from all sides. All we can do is observe sources, evaluate the credibility of those sources and then take from them what we see fit. This is what I've done.

Perhaps your thinking that what I'm saying is baseless nonsense says something about the lack of diversity in the sources which you observe. I assure you that nothing I've said is the product of my own imagination.

You think asylum seekers should go to Saudi Arabia. Your a ****ing moron lmao

Yeah I guess I shouldn't call people out when they say dumb things as everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone's opinion is as valuable as everyone else's. It's the beautiful world we live in. But I shouldn't be rude about it, oh no, it's not nice to be rude... Lmao
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2015, 15:25:45 by baldgye »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 15:06:25 »
You think asylum seekers should go to Saudi Arabia. You're a ****ing moron lmao
I never said that. I said that Saudi Arabia should OFFER to take in refugees, since they're one of the two main reasons there is a war in Syria. But of course I know this will never happen..

In fact, I later said the complete opposite of what you're saying I said. I said that I could understand Syrians choosing to stay in Syria rather than flee to SA.

I'm calling you clueless because you clearly have no ****ing idea what your talking about if you think that SA and the USA are even remotely comparable places for people seeking asylum.
I never said they were comparable places for those people. Again, I think that beggars can't be choosers. Why would someone turn their nose up at the USA (or some of the eastern EU members for that matter)when they're currently trying to flee a country that is war-torn? Ok, SA I can understand, but it's not as if they're offering to take people in anyway.

Stop "chatting ****" pal.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2015, 15:17:17 by Photekq »
github

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 15:18:30 »
baldgye if you want to have constructive discussions you should really stop calling people out and actually have a discussion.

If you can't do that you should really stay out of conversations you are clueless about.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Lanx

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 20:17:06 »

Yeah I guess I shouldn't call people out when they say dumb things as everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone's opinion is as valuable as everyone else's. It's the beautiful world we live in. But I shouldn't be rude about it, oh no, it's not nice to be rude... Lmao
Y u ruin da party? Learn2 forum better.
I swear this stems from baldguy being jelly of photeks avatar

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 20:57:29 »
Yeah I guess I shouldn't call people out when they say dumb things
You should also properly read what people say and avoid being slanderous.

I swear this stems from baldguy being jelly of photeks avatar
As he should be. He probably thinks he was a nasty racist who chatted a lot of **** though.
github

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 21:12:38 »
People usually resort to name-calling right around the time when they have no argument left. Seems like baldgye just can't manage to construct a coherent rebuttal
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline tbc

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 02:58:29 »

you're dumb.

just calling you out :)
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline iri

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 07:10:13 »
Well, my take is that we need to accept those who really are fleeing war, fleeing persecution. As well as those who have no place to go.

We probably should accept economic immigrants as well — but they should receive admission and guidance only, not any sort of privileged treatment, treating them better than the local poor are treated. Unfortunately, in their progressive/politically correct mindset many governments (including local gov'ts) are falling in this trap.

Whom we shouldn't accept are violent folks, those who help themselves with the pretty girls they see, or those who can't help rioting and throwing stones at the police, or those who attack religious Christian folks for wearing a crucifix, or those of the Muslim religion who bully their Christian co-refugees. There should be no place for such people in Europe.

What is really unfortunate is that in some countries the authorities are too lenient on the violent ones, including very low sentences for rape, like community service kind of range of punishment for that horrific crime, just because dude's a refugee from a Muslim country in the Levant. I've been to those countries, met the people, enjoyed it there, and it would be a racist statement to claim that being born there somehow conditions one into being a rapist. This is the kind of racism that those politically correct people don't even realize they are practicing. Real inclusiveness, real respect comes when you hold people to the same standards as you would expect from your own citizens (not just rights but also responsibility).
Are you European?

are you?
Show Image

<3 you iri
For being a European?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 07:54:42 »
Well, my take is that we need to accept those who really are fleeing war, fleeing persecution. As well as those who have no place to go.

We probably should accept economic immigrants as well — but they should receive admission and guidance only, not any sort of privileged treatment, treating them better than the local poor are treated. Unfortunately, in their progressive/politically correct mindset many governments (including local gov'ts) are falling in this trap.

Whom we shouldn't accept are violent folks, those who help themselves with the pretty girls they see, or those who can't help rioting and throwing stones at the police, or those who attack religious Christian folks for wearing a crucifix, or those of the Muslim religion who bully their Christian co-refugees. There should be no place for such people in Europe.

What is really unfortunate is that in some countries the authorities are too lenient on the violent ones, including very low sentences for rape, like community service kind of range of punishment for that horrific crime, just because dude's a refugee from a Muslim country in the Levant. I've been to those countries, met the people, enjoyed it there, and it would be a racist statement to claim that being born there somehow conditions one into being a rapist. This is the kind of racism that those politically correct people don't even realize they are practicing. Real inclusiveness, real respect comes when you hold people to the same standards as you would expect from your own citizens (not just rights but also responsibility).
Are you European?

are you?

<3 you iri
For being a European?
I took it as a joke about you being born in russia/being russian, as russia is not part of the European union.  :p

(Or I might just be dense)

Offline iri

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 07:59:50 »
You are not dense mate. Just don't forget that EU =/= Europe :p
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 08:32:51 »
Holy balls this thread took a nose dive, well time to lock it then before it starts derailing more than the 9:00AM train
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline iri

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 08:45:01 »
Well, there's not much to be said on topic anyway.

If I were Cameron, I'd exchange Syrians for chavs, rate 1::10

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mauri

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 10:54:26 »
well this ****s only the tip of the iceberg most of the refugees are men right? most of those men have families back in wherever. if one's granted asylum doesn't it apply to the whole family too?
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline hudson0804

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 09:09:56 »
well this ****s only the tip of the iceberg most of the refugees are men right? most of those men have families back in wherever. if one's granted asylum doesn't it apply to the whole family too?

Correct, however in doing so the male seeking refuge would need to prove that it is his family and thus through the process of disclosure have to give more information, this information can be used to ultimately make the decision on the application for asylum. 

Which should weed out the "financial migrants". 

H

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 09:45:01 »
The UN reports that there are more Women and Children than men in the whole of the registered refugees. So that claim that most are men, seems to be incorrect.

Offline iri

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:01:21 »
yeah, but how many of them are actually syrians?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:05:48 »
yeah, but how many of them are actually syrians?

Like four million.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iri

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:23:23 »
lol, found this one while searching for the UNHCR report

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:38:31 »
lol, found this one while searching for the UNHCR report

Show Image

we r de best, u just ned mor fredom

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 10:41:28 »
Sweden are accepting as many as they can, Swedish celebrities are even housing lone children etc :). Its alot of talk about letting in more/less refugees into the country. Personally i think its good, but they must get integretad into our society and our segregation must stop. I am of the same opinion as Azdhar, muricans should take care of the people they messed up. It does not matter how many bombs they drop or killing islamist jihadist or whatever. THEY CANNOT ENFORCE DEMOCRACY. Its like the bully in the class, who thinks everything can be solved with violence.

but our real problem(although we cannot call them refugees) are eatern europenas coming to sweden to "live the dream" but what they actually do is occupy families houses or lots and stay there. Rumanian gypsies pissing and ****ting everywhere. Fregging disgusting, and Sweden as its state its in, they do nothing about it. Better to take care of the syrians who needs help.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 09:58:49 »
celebrities are even housing lone children etc :)

wow sounds like nothing could go wrong here