Author Topic: [Preorder] TX1800v2 [Finished]  (Read 244548 times)

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
Re: [Preorder] TX1800v2
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 16:18:16 »
Hi guys,

I did suggest kin to send me the spreadsheet but he's probably too busy to do that? Like it's on his computer instead of his phone? Lol. I know he's calling the factory tomorrow to work on the new shipping date. Hopefully the next GB will be more organized.

What factory is having the delays?

That's what he told me just relay the message to you guys. I know Koreans got their orders already but their GB concluded ~ 5 weeks before GH started?

I think he made 2 separate orders to the factory for Korea and GH.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline kekstee

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 17:55:43 »
I know this is the 1800 thread, but is it known where the CPR2 orders are in all of this? Is he doing one after the other or just going by date?
Also, what was the site again for tickets? I messaged him once a month ago, but I don't think it's possible to keep track of such a Telegram backlog :D

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 22:58:29 »
I know this is the 1800 thread, but is it known where the CPR2 orders are in all of this? Is he doing one after the other or just going by date?
Also, what was the site again for tickets? I messaged him once a month ago, but I don't think it's possible to keep track of such a Telegram backlog :D

You can submit a support ticket at txkeyboards.com
==============

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 23:05:11 »

kin paying you popkorn (rhetorical)? I appreciate you being here to give info. Perhaps kin should have a liaison for the next GB like Elton and Duck? I'm not entirely familiar with that relationship so don't crucify me.

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #304 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 14:44:04 »

kin paying you popkorn (rhetorical)? I appreciate you being here to give info. Perhaps kin should have a liaison for the next GB like Elton and Duck? I'm not entirely familiar with that relationship so don't crucify me.

Nope not getting paid just helping him whenever I got time.
==============

Offline mbw42

« Reply #305 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 20:09:05 »
I filled out the form about two weeks ago but never got an invoice. Was I too late or has kin just been busy?

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 09:47:49 »
I can understand that there are delays and manufacturing problemls or something else. I don’t have problems if we have to wait longer than expected but as busy as Kin is he should alsways have the time to drop here one line of text just to inform us that there are problems and delays. His zero information makes me think that he just took our money. It’s really not acceptable to don’t take a minute for an update. I will still wait a few weeks but if we get no updates from him till August I will definitely try to get my money back.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #307 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 10:24:47 »
I can understand that there are delays and manufacturing problemls or something else. I don’t have problems if we have to wait longer than expected but as busy as Kin is he should alsways have the time to drop here one line of text just to inform us that there are problems and delays. His zero information makes me think that he just took our money. It’s really not acceptable to don’t take a minute for an update. I will still wait a few weeks but if we get no updates from him till August I will definitely try to get my money back.
You must be new to GH.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 17:57:34 »
You must be new to GH.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LOL

True
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yokken

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 17:30:23 »
Just because it's normal not to receive much communication doesn't make it acceptable, guys. There may be nothing you can do about it but don't encourage others to become complacent.

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:07:27 »
Just because it's normal not to receive much communication doesn't make it acceptable, guys. There may be nothing you can do about it but don't encourage others to become complacent.
Once you host a group buying yourself along with your work for living, you may understand.

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #311 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:34:24 »
I don’t need frequent communication but it’s 6 weeks since his last post and shipping was announced for end of may. As I said I have absolutely no problem with delays but even with a busy work schedule you should always have the 5 minutes to make a post.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:38:35 »
I don’t need frequent communication but it’s 6 weeks since his last post and shipping was announced for end of may. As I said I have absolutely no problem with delays but even with a busy work schedule you should always have the 5 minutes to make a post.

As far as I've heard, these should be shipping once exam season is over in Korea. It's a pretty major thing there, and Kin, as a teacher, is probably swamped right now.

This GB is not delayed, even in the first post he says it should ship in the first 2 weeks of July (Today is July 10th). I'd start worrying if we haven't heard anything by August 15th.

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 19:18:55 »

R1 was estimated at 15-30 May. Most people aren't really talking about how the GB is delayed, rather how there hasn't been a one sentence update from kin since the initial shipping estimate was missed. Let's be real honest, we can be as busy as we have ever been in our lives, in 2017 it is real easy to get on the internet and say: GB delayed due to factory issues, estimated ship date moved out to the end of July.

Thankfully, popkorn is filling in the blanks, which is appreciated. I don't have any doubts kin will ship them when he is able to (gets the boards, has time), but people dating back to the beginning of May and probably a little before never got an answer to questions asked.

I don't have any ill-will towards kin and frankly the last update from popkorn illustrates that the not-shipping is due to factory delays. I also don't think it's really fair to treat people who are asking for some kind of communication like they are being petty though.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 19:40:58 »

R1 was estimated at 15-30 May. Most people aren't really talking about how the GB is delayed, rather how there hasn't been a one sentence update from kin since the initial shipping estimate was missed. Let's be real honest, we can be as busy as we have ever been in our lives, in 2017 it is real easy to get on the internet and say: GB delayed due to factory issues, estimated ship date moved out to the end of July.

Thankfully, popkorn is filling in the blanks, which is appreciated. I don't have any doubts kin will ship them when he is able to (gets the boards, has time), but people dating back to the beginning of May and probably a little before never got an answer to questions asked.

I don't have any ill-will towards kin and frankly the last update from popkorn illustrates that the not-shipping is due to factory delays. I also don't think it's really fair to treat people who are asking for some kind of communication like they are being petty though.

I echo the sentiment. While GH works in sometimes weird and wonderful ways, it's perfectly reasonable to want some updates from time to time, I don't think it's fair to just belittle or dismiss out of hand anyone who voices their desire for more frequent updates. I've been through my fair share of GBs and I know how these things usually goes, but communication is important, even if it's just a sentence or two informing of delays and such. I'm grateful for popkorn for helping out with the basic information relay, but really wish Kin would chime in from time to time. Does that mean I'm new to GH? No, I just want groupbuys in general to gradually migrate towards better, more frequent standards of communication.

| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #315 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 19:42:52 »

This GB is not delayed, even in the first post he says it should ship in the first 2 weeks of July (Today is July 10th). I'd start worrying if we haven't heard anything by August 15th.

I was a R1 order  And I've not heard from Kin since April 20; I understand delays happen but failing to communicate in his own thread or over Telegram where he was very active when selling these preorders is not very professional.

We're 6 weeks overdue at this point. By no means is it the worst a GB has been delayed, but some communication would be nice.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 22:00:55 »
I think this is nothing compared to the first TX1800 gb. But still, an update would be nice. I tried to msg him in telegram and even there he isnt active with last activity was last Jun 26.

I still think he will deliver though  :blank:
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 14:44:32 »
Hello guys,

I got the news from Kin yesterday but was too busy to post it on here.

He will receive all the boards this weekend. Thus, giving him a week to pack lands us at July 24 for shipping estimate.
==============

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 14:50:00 »
He will receive all the boards this weekend.

Hey probably the wrong thread but I'm guessing this is for the TX1800?  Any idea if the TXCP is in the same batch or likely to arrive later?  Thanks!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 17:05:52 »
Hello guys,

He will receive all the boards this weekend. Thus, giving him a week to pack lands us at July 24 for shipping estimate.

:-X Can't wait, thanks for relaying the information popkorn!

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #320 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 20:27:37 »
Hello guys,

Saweet!! Thanks for the update, Popcorn.

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
[Preorder] TX1800v2
« Reply #321 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 22:22:00 »

Hey probably the wrong thread but I'm guessing this is for the TX1800?  Any idea if the TXCP is in the same batch or likely to arrive later?  Thanks!

Not sure if you are the guy who sent a support ticket but I replied to that. Anyway, he found anodizing errors in the TX-CP batches he received and is currently fixing them himself. There's no ETA at this point but I doubt it's taking much longer. I will post an update in that thread when I hear more from kin.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 July 2017, 22:26:03 by popkorn62 »
==============

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 01:38:18 »
Hello guys,

Holy moly, this is amazing news!

Offline kekstee

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 05:03:08 »

Got a tracking number for my TXCP R2 board. So I assume he does both boards as they are ready now.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #324 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 09:08:20 »

Got a tracking number for my TXCP R2 board. So I assume he does both boards as they are ready now.

Hell yes! Was the tracking number added on PayPal or did it come through something else?

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 09:27:19 »
Not sure if you are the guy who sent a support ticket but I replied to that.

Wasn't me on the support ticket but thanks for the additional information!

Fantastic information kekstee!

Offline kimbles

« Reply #326 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 16:16:44 »

I got an email confirming my assembly order, hopefully that means the TX-CP kits will be moving soon!
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 17:37:04 »

Not sure if you are the guy who sent a support ticket but I replied to that. Anyway, he found anodizing errors in the TX-CP batches he received and is currently fixing them himself. There's no ETA at this point but I doubt it's taking much longer. I will post an update in that thread when I hear more from kin.

Hi Popkorn I'm one of the ones here buying the carrying case for the TX1800, but some months ago Kin also said that he would produce similar cases for TX87, are those done yet? I would like to buy a TX87 carrying case (and add it to my TX1800 order to combine shipping for convenience). Is this possible? Or should I wait until the carrying cases for the TX87 is officially announced?

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #328 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 03:12:56 »

Hi Popkorn I'm one of the ones here buying the carrying case for the TX1800, but some months ago Kin also said that he would produce similar cases for TX87, are those done yet? I would like to buy a TX87 carrying case (and add it to my TX1800 order to combine shipping for convenience). Is this possible? Or should I wait until the carrying cases for the TX87 is officially announced?

Just submit a support ticket. He can read it too.
==============

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 16:51:15 »

Just submit a support ticket. He can read it too.

Ticket submitted! Hopefully Kin has some free time to respond!  :)

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 17:12:32 »
I got a telegram message from Kin today:

"Tx1800v2 shipping day delayed. I am so sorry. I am trying to send asap."

I sent a message back asking for an estimated ship date, but no reply to so far.

Offline olaf3

« Reply #331 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 03:46:34 »
So is the ordering process over? It still says it's in the preorder phase for me but I cant seem to order one.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 07:34:30 »
I got a telegram message from Kin today:

"Tx1800v2 shipping day delayed. I am so sorry. I am trying to send asap."

I sent a message back asking for an estimated ship date, but no reply to so far.
That's a lot of days that are not tomorrow :( But I'm sure it'll be worth the wait

Offline kin25

• TXKeyboards
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:53:23 »
I am so sorry.
I was so busy to solve the problems of keyboards.

But now.. It is not finished.

I thought talking about problems was not good to users.

But now I think users must know about their keyboards.
(Don't worry about your keyboard quality, I will send it after QC)

This time GB is the hardest works for me.

In May
Factory made 100ea tx1800v2 and 50ea txcp.
I found material problems and scratches.
So factory fixed them for a month.
Factory make 100 more tx1800v2.
Factory said they would make 50 more txcp.

Factory made brass plates and brass weight as well.
I found some errors of color and scratches.
Factory fixed them but they failed.

In June
Factory made 150 more brass weight.
But all of them was useless.
Then I found PCB errors.
It is pcb mount hole size problem.
Pcb factory drilled the holes.
They are fixed.
But pcb parts like diodes and usb connectors were broken.
So I had to disolder them and changed parts.

Face of metal gasket was not good.
So I had to polish up by myself.

Fortunately bags did not make a trouble.

Unfortunately my paypal was locked.
So I can't send invoices and refund.

Popkorn62 is helping now.

I sent almost of txcp.
I sent some tx1800v2 to Korean users.

I receive some tx1800v2 today.
I will send them to korean users and GHers.

But they are not enough quantity.
In factory there are more than 100ea tx1800v2 (not good quality)

I asked factory to make more tx1800v2 and txcp.

I want buyers to receive good one.
So I am checking quality.

I am working hard for making good keyboards.

Sorry and thanks.

Offline Petch

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 11:07:50 »
Thanks for the update Kin. Is there any other way to pay you if I wanted a case adding to my order, or is the only option to wait for your PayPal to unlock?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 11:14:16 »
I am so sorry.

In May

In June
Then I found PCB errors.
They are fixed.

I sent almost of txcp.

Sorry and thanks.

Wow, thank you for that update- had no idea it's been that rough. We are all quite good at handling delays, so no worries there. Personally, with buys I am involved in, I am emotionally invested so part of the process is experiencing these bumps with the group buy leader. It is a lot like Kickstarter, you want the project to succeed and get your thing, but please know we are also rooting for you- we want you to succeed too. :) Pretty sure almost all of us would choose great boards > hitting timeline any day.

Thanks for all the work on these keyboards, Kin. We know the beauties that will be delivered will be well worth the wait and we appreciate you holding the quality standard up.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 11:34:25 »
Good to hear from you Kin, any news is always good news here. Even if it's about delays or factory screwing up, we like to hear about it. Anyone know if kin is still taking orders for tx1800's, I might be interested in the new couple weeks due to pay cycles if they're still available.

Also, what's the easiest way to buy a couple of those bags? I would like one for a tx75 and txcp (tx1800 if I get one I guess as well) if possible. He said something about people proxying them from the states didn't he?

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 12:14:39 »
I am so sorry.

In May

In June
Then I found PCB errors.
They are fixed.

I sent almost of txcp.

Sorry and thanks.

Thank you Kin for the update! Sorry to hear you are having some difficulties with the factory! Hope you are able to solve the issues. I don't mind waiting a bit more :)

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #338 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 14:05:37 »
Thanks for all of the hard work!!

Offline maximm

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 02:41:30 »
I got in contact with kin on Telegram and he was very helpful. Looking forward to my boards in august.

popkorn said that the bags for TX-87 will be ready in a month, and i will wait for one for mine.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 03:29:06 »
Good to hear from you Kin, any news is always good news here. Even if it's about delays or factory screwing up, we like to hear about it. Anyone know if kin is still taking orders for tx1800's, I might be interested in the new couple weeks due to pay cycles if they're still available.

Also, what's the easiest way to buy a couple of those bags? I would like one for a tx75 and txcp (tx1800 if I get one I guess as well) if possible. He said something about people proxying them from the states didn't he?

i asked in telegram about tx1800v2 extras but sadly, there are none.  :'( :'( :'(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline yokken

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:48:00 »
Wow, I am so sorry that you are having so much trouble, kin. I appreciate the transparency. I'm looking forward to my board but please take your time, don't stress yourself out too much. Thanks kin.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 10:24:41 »
love me some Kin keyboards
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 11:42:15 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 11:44:24 by alienman82 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 16:19:59 »
TXCPs are confirmed arrived for a few people, I've seen pics posted of them.

Offline yokken

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 18:12:30 »
Got my Titan Grey TX-CP today. Looks absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much kin, I appreciate all of your hard work and I hope you take some time for yourself to relax once these buys are done. I'll post a photo in the thread once I swap my current TX-CP plate/PCB from my current black TX-CP to the new gray case.

Okay, I swapped the plate in and put the feet on... what a gorgeous case. It's hard to capture the smooth flat dark grey. It has a wonderful sheen to it and goes so well with Carbon. I suspect LightCycle and Orange on Dolch will look great as well! I didn't take any photos of the brushed brass but it's a looker.

Thanks again Kin, amazing quality.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 19:36:01 by yokken »

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #346 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 06:33:17 »
Am I way too late to hop on  the TX-CP / 1800 v2? I think this would be my ideal layout for my job :) and a perfect host for lubed Cherry Blacks.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #347 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 08:38:26 »
I am so sorry.

In May

In June
Then I found PCB errors.
They are fixed.

I sent almost of txcp.

Sorry and thanks.

Kin,. Thank you for everything.  Please don't stress.  If it takes longer for a better product it takes longer.  Nothing we can do about that.  I've been wanting this board for a very long time and I am very glad you even offered a V2.  Good luck!

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #348 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 09:42:54 »
Thank you, Kin. For me, prefer better quality rather than compromise for schedule.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 08:13:23 »
Can you clarify something for me:

The first post seems to imply that $280 is the TX1800 case price and that the PCB is sold separately. The website though calls it "extra PCB" implying one comes with the case. Which is correct?