Author Topic: [GB] GMK Violet Tendencies - Extras at Dixiemech!  (Read 89992 times)

Offline OracleKev

Re: [GB] GMK Violet Tendencies - Shipping!
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 23:35:38 »
Got mine yesterday and love it! No complaints about the mods, I know where shift is without reading the word  :p
BTW grabbed a sleeve too and its very nice, thanks for the GB!

(Attachment Link)

Haven't got mine yet, but expected low contrast legends from the start.  No prob there.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 03:45:28 »
Daylight picture :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Voxicles

• Violet Tendencies shipping now!
    • Spookeys - Dye Sublimation
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 15:40:46 »
Daylight picture :)

Show Image

I agree that the legends are slightly darker than I had envisioned, but it kind of makes me love it even more than I already did. Maybe there's a slight bit of bias :P

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 09:36:49 »
The set is starting to grow on me bit by bit simply because I like the color combo. And just accept that mods are almost unreadable :P

Offline phorx

• ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 21:01:30 »
I知 very much looking forward to the Violet Outburst kit Voxicles teased on Reddit this week.  I hope to see a gb thread for that soon to complement VT

Offline wowremy

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 22:36:53 »
Anyone want to sell their VT desk mat?

Offline phorx

• ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 10:08:51 »
I’m very much looking forward to the Violet Outburst kit Voxicles teased on Reddit this week.  I hope to see a gb thread for that soon to complement VT

Is there an ETA for the IC on Violet Outburst?
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 September 2018, 10:39:57 by phorx »

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 12:16:50 »
I知 very much looking forward to the Violet Outburst kit Voxicles teased on Reddit this week.  I hope to see a gb thread for that soon to complement VT

Is there an ETA for the IC on Violet Outburst?

I知 patiently waiting for the Violet Outburst kit as well! Any ETA would be great?

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 12:44:25 »
So I just recieved my set, I have to admit, I was expecting a purple hydro and what I'm looking at right now, I dont know what tf this is.... Try to tell me you planned to have these mods illegible is absolutely junk.. Thanks for not putting in the extra work, making sure that this set would actually come out with mods you could read. Congrats! This set has to be in the top running for biggest letdown of 2018, I mean I guess everyone got their orders, so it could he worse... lmfao. ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ 

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 12:48:24 »
I too was expecting a purple hydro. I wish the mods in this set were more clear and easy to read. Any type of light reflection or angle and they become illegible.

The alphas are great at least.

Offline Draic

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 01:16:01 »
So I just recieved my set, I have to admit, I was expecting a purple hydro and what I'm looking at right now, I dont know what tf this is.... Try to tell me you planned to have these mods illegible is absolutely junk.. Thanks for not putting in the extra work, making sure that this set would actually come out with mods you could read. Congrats! This set has to be in the top running for biggest letdown of 2018, I mean I guess everyone got their orders, so it could he worse... lmfao. ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ

Do you think there were misleading renders as I must say they are very close to the actual product. I understand that you are disappointed, but I do not see a fault in how Voxicles handled the GB. Keep in mind that only stock colors were used to keep the MOQ low. Now just look at N5 (Hydro Blue) and DY (Violet Tendencies purple) and of course there will be lower contrast between the DY and the N9 gray. What solution would you have proposed? Only option would have been a different gray (CC or 2B?). First I believe we would see far more outcry right now and second then the contrast between alphas and mods would have been reduced as a trade-off.

As I said, I do understand that you are disappointed, but I see no solution that would have been feasible. Yes the mod legends are quite dark, but that HAD to be expected. Some people like that and some don't, but unlike other GB this outcome was clear. No changes were made between proposing the set and actual manufacturing. The set is like it was promised imo.

Offline phorx

• ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 05:58:26 »
The solution is pretty simple.  Get samples made, like lots of other sets do, show us pictures of them, and get feedback.  It would of course take longer, but this hobby is all about waiting for things to be juuuust right. 

Offline darthzero

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 08:20:43 »
The solution is pretty simple.  Get samples made, like lots of other sets do, show us pictures of them, and get feedback.  It would of course take longer, but this hobby is all about waiting for things to be juuuust right.
And go from stock to custom colors mid GB and also increasing moq from 150 to 250 MID GB... you can NOT make those changes when people already committed their money especially when (let me quote Voxicles here) "The original IC had custom colors, and I was called an idiot many times over for not just using stock GMK colors because "it'd never hit 250 moq", and they were right(ish). After a few months of debate, that's what I decided on, and I still stand by it.".
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline phorx

• ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 08:56:45 »
And go from stock to custom colors mid GB and also increasing moq from 150 to 250 MID GB... you can NOT make those changes when people already committed their money especially when (let me quote Voxicles here) "The original IC had custom colors, and I was called an idiot many times over for not just using stock GMK colors because "it'd never hit 250 moq", and they were right(ish). After a few months of debate, that's what I decided on, and I still stand by it.".

Is a failed GB with legible mods better or worse than a successful one with illegible mods ?

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 08:57:56 »
So maybe, choose different stock colours vs custom so at least it looks like theres legends on the mods?  I'm confused here... Why are people defending this... All it took was seeing a couple samples at stock colours, or is this not allowed at GMK?

Offline pentawater

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 09:04:07 »
I can't wait for GMK Black Lotus to come out! I would love to mix those alphas with these mods!

Offline Boom

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 09:07:33 »
I would love to have the set of mods I thought I paid for on hand right now.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 09:17:24 »
I bought a set as well and I am truly disappointed about the result of the set...can anything be done about this?

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 09:23:37 »
ok ok ok ok ok people

I will be the first to say I was beyond hype for this set, I msg vox back in January asking him to hurry up with the set, i dont even use gmk and i still bought this set because of how nice I thought it would be, I was so damn hyped

But to say this set is even decent at this point is crazy, the alphas are mint like ****ing mint but those mods are some of the worst mods ive literally ever seen, in almost any lighting they are just black caps and you can't even see the text and the only time you see the mods texts in when the light it directly on the single caps and even then the ****ing legends are still barely readable

so don't go saying this is a good set cause it's not its a failure, The set is not even relatable to the renders we got ( yes i know renders arent always the same)

Like did anyone even ****ing get samples or were yall just like **** it run the set, cause if you had even 1 sample youd have known this **** doesnt cut it for a gmk set

this doesnt even cut it for a cheap pbt set

i bought 2 kits, accent kit, and the mat and tbh the best thing in the gb was the mat  i wish i had just bought like 10 mats because that would have been a better use of my money, id have rather waited 2 months for better mods than a rushed this set

so no one say this set is good or decent cause no its terrible imo it's unusable
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline Aktavate

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 11:58:12 »
Wow some serious butthurt in here :)) My set looks like the renders. Its dark purple on dark grey. I don't think I've ever seen a render for this set that has super contrasty mods, not sure how you guys bought it expecting anything other than what is shown in the renders. If you cant afford to spend money on something that only exists in a render maybe you shouldn't have hit the button.

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 12:32:15 »
Wow some serious butthurt in here :)) My set looks like the renders. Its dark purple on dark grey. I don't think I've ever seen a render for this set that has super contrasty mods, not sure how you guys bought it expecting anything other than what is shown in the renders. If you cant afford to spend money on something that only exists in a render maybe you shouldn't have hit the button.

oh no lol the money doesn't matter lol isnt really a lot its more of a disappointment lol, This is my only set that isnt an IMSTO or og dye subs set so that says a lot about how hyped i was for the set
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline Aktavate

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 13:09:18 »

oh no lol the money doesn't matter lol isnt really a lot its more of a disappointment lol, This is my only set that isnt an IMSTO or og dye subs set so that says a lot about how hyped i was for the set

Rgr that, I know he was running a IC for white on purple mods so maybe that will satisfy some people.

Offline hervuli

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 13:11:57 »
Wow some serious butthurt in here :)) My set looks like the renders. Its dark purple on dark grey. I don't think I've ever seen a render for this set that has super contrasty mods, not sure how you guys bought it expecting anything other than what is shown in the renders.

This. The mods are super dark and hard to read in all the renders. This isn't my favorite set but I certainly didn't get anything I wasn't expecting.
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 13:25:38 »
If you think it's the same as the renders you're blind... Keep backing up the failure of the illegible mods saying you like it, congrats all your proving is that you're trying to cover someones ass.. It's not about the money, I was going to purchase 2 sets because the GMK render looked LEGIBLE. Lol, in person I can barely read them, in the gmk render they look quite readable to me..

And my complaining I know isnt going to get me anywhere.. I'm just looking for you guys to accept that, this is not acceptable an the GB should have been run a little tighter.. easy as that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 September 2018, 13:30:14 by jackedhardwarejunkie »

Offline hervuli

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 14:44:53 »
If you think it's the same as the renders you're blind... Keep backing up the failure of the illegible mods saying you like it, congrats all your proving is that you're trying to cover someones ass..

cool story bro.
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 15:49:46 »
I think we can almost all agree that the mods are hard to read and it perhaps wasn't what we expected, I know it wasn't for me. Complaining about it here will perhaps make you feel better for a moment but it won't change the set you have in hand. I guess we can either accept the set as it is (which is what I'm trying :P) or sell it and move on.

Offline Boom

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 17:43:35 »
I just saw the possibility of the "Violet Outbursts" over on Reddit. I love it and will be closely monitoring it. If that comes through at a decent price, I will be happy.

Offline Boom

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 20:17:16 »
Was told you guys might enjoy this image of Violet Tendencies on my JD40. Are the mods acceptable looking?

Camera is Google Pixel 2xl on maximum settings, focused for best effect on the mods.

Offline gridds

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 20:45:18 »
Looks just like the renders! ::sips Kool-Aid:: :))

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 21:22:14 »
Was told you guys might enjoy this image of Violet Tendencies on my JD40. Are the mods acceptable looking?

Camera is Google Pixel 2xl on maximum settings, focused for best effect on the mods.
Show Image

Alpha's bright color underexposes Modi, so photos with typical exposure are not good representation.
There seems to be a lot of disappointments, but not sure where they come from.  Renders and actuals are pretty consistent.
Looking at the bright side (not the Alphas  ;D), this set is very useful as parts.  Alphas are same color as Hyperfuse.  Modis can be useful in a dark combination.
Make the best out of what we got which isn't too shabby.  :cool:

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 04:32:49 »
ok ok ok ok ok people

I will be the first to say I was beyond hype for this set, I msg vox back in January asking him to hurry up with the set, i dont even use gmk and i still bought this set because of how nice I thought it would be, I was so damn hyped

But to say this set is even decent at this point is crazy, the alphas are mint like ****ing mint but those mods are some of the worst mods ive literally ever seen, in almost any lighting they are just black caps and you can't even see the text and the only time you see the mods texts in when the light it directly on the single caps and even then the ****ing legends are still barely readable

so don't go saying this is a good set cause it's not its a failure, The set is not even relatable to the renders we got ( yes i know renders arent always the same)

Like did anyone even ****ing get samples or were yall just like **** it run the set, cause if you had even 1 sample youd have known this **** doesnt cut it for a gmk set

i bought 2 kits, accent kit, and the mat and tbh the best thing in the gb was the mat  i wish i had just bought like 10 mats because that would have been a better use of my money, id have rather waited 2 months for better mods than a rushed this set

so no one say this set is good or decent cause no its terrible imo it's unusable

GMK never really does samples for non custom color buys because they are standard.

I don稚 get how it痴 unusable. Do you actually look at the keyboard when you type?

Maybe when I run black lotus I will pitch GMK running a small batch of replacement mods in n9 with whatever custom lavender we end up with. Maybe they would let me do a lower moq. I値l definitely ask about it tho since the lighter purple should be ideal and n9 is stock and GMK seems to like good Will :P

« Reply #231 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 07:19:22 »

ok ok ok ok ok people

GMK never really does samples for non custom color buys because they are standard.

I don稚 get how it痴 unusable. Do you actually look at the keyboard when you type?

Maybe when I run black lotus I will pitch GMK running a small batch of replacement mods in n9 with whatever custom lavender we end up with. Maybe they would let me do a lower moq. I値l definitely ask about it tho since the lighter purple should be ideal and n9 is stock and GMK seems to like good Will

I thought we bought these sets an boards to look at, not use them, isnt that why we all have multiples? Lol

That would be great if you came to the rescue Amnesia, above an beyond really... I honestly dont want to give up on this set...

Renders definitely identical to the set as u can see in the pics 🤣

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #232 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 11:29:19 »
I agree I was also expecting a poppier purple on mods.  I'm a bit disappointed the legends on the mods aren't as legible as I'd like them to be, but I've made my peace with it because I do like the color combination.  That being said, though, I'm not opposed to buying another GMK set to mix and match the keycaps so I can actually read the mods.  I'm currently looking at the ones from https://www.originativeco.com/products/tokyo-nights -- they use a custom purple on black, so I'm a little more hopeful for that.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #233 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 15:02:36 »
I知 considering just snagging a set of dolch (old one) someday to have grey with white legends :P

Offline Aktavate

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 18:22:07 »

Show Image
Show Image

Woah, so weird! Illuminati?

204073-0

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 11:58:11 »

Show Image
Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Yea, if you have a constant flash on your keyboard the legends are indeed readable  :thumb:

Offline ptiede

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 17:18:58 »

Show Image
Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Yea, if you have a constant flash on your keyboard the legends are indeed readable  :thumb:
I think the point is that the lighting in the render matches this situation.

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 00:51:28 »
Other than the arrows nothing else is legible. Not sure what the point of this picture is

Show Image
Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #238 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 02:26:29 »
Other than the arrows nothing else is legible. Not sure what the point of this picture is

Show Image
Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Point of the picture, as has been stated on this forum probably a million times by now but when the issue is low contrast mods like this look more illegible in low light, and more legible in bright light.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #239 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 04:54:50 »
Anybody here that bought this and also has GMK Dolch? I wanna know how the set looks with Dolch mods instead of just buying Dolch for nothing :P

Offline darthzero

« Reply #240 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 06:30:38 »
Anybody here that bought this and also has GMK Dolch? I wanna know how the set looks with Dolch mods instead of just buying Dolch for nothing :P
Here you go, sry for bad lighting and potato cam and laziness to swap them all but I think you get the gist. IMHO it looks pretty good and way more understated than the lazer mods I currently have equipped.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 September 2018, 07:00:00 by darthzero »
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #241 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 08:03:33 »
Here you go, sry for bad lighting and potato cam and laziness to swap them all but I think you get the gist. IMHO it looks pretty good and way more understated than the lazer mods I currently have equipped.
You sir, are a legend! How does it look together irl, better than the mods that come with it? Worth the investment? Since I have the set on a YAS keyboard with triple 1u bottom row (control-win-alt) I can't just pick up every other Dolch set but I need the bigger ones.

Offline Voxicles

• Violet Tendencies shipping now!
    • Spookeys - Dye Sublimation
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 16:41:47 »
Well folks, again, I really do understand all the complaints, and I'm sorry. I was under the impression that samples weren't an option since I wasn't doing custom colors. Like I said previously, this was my first (and possibly last) interaction with GMK and the community at large. If I go ahead with the Violet Outburst mod kit, I'll do my best to make it as cheap as possible, most likely at a loss, for those who purchased VT. Short of buying them all back from y'all (which is still an option if you'd like, it'll just take me some time, let me know), there's not much I can do but apologize.

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 16:57:32 »
Well folks, again, I really do understand all the complaints, and I'm sorry. I was under the impression that samples weren't an option since I wasn't doing custom colors. Like I said previously, this was my first (and possibly last) interaction with GMK and the community at large. If I go ahead with the Violet Outburst mod kit, I'll do my best to make it as cheap as possible, most likely at a loss, for those who purchased VT. Short of buying them all back from y'all (which is still an option if you'd like, it'll just take me some time, let me know), there's not much I can do but apologize.

I'm happy with any of those solutions. Thanks for handling this like a pro

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 19:44:07 »
Are there going to be extra desk pads posted on dixiemech?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #245 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 05:35:52 »
Buying it back? Huh, how do you imagine doing that without spending a fortune yourself? Sending it all back to GMK?

Offline Draic

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 06:31:52 »
Buying it back? Huh, how do you imagine doing that without spending a fortune yourself? Sending it all back to GMK?

Taking them back and reselling I would imagine. There are always people that will buy it. Of course this would be at a loss and a huge hassle. Selling the stock would take a while etc etc. But no, you wouldn't just loose all the money that had to be spent to produce the sets.

Offline phorx

• ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:18:16 »
My ideal solution would be for Violet Outburst to become reality with good coverage for the purple on dark grey keys... Coverage like this kit: https://www.originativeco.com/products/magenta-dolch-accent .  I get that it's a different aesthetic than the original dark mods though so it be won't ideal for be for everyone.

Offline Draic

« Reply #248 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:24:33 »
My ideal solution would be for Violet Outburst to become reality with good coverage for the purple on dark grey keys... Coverage like this kit: https://www.originativeco.com/products/magenta-dolch-accent .  I get that it's a different aesthetic than the original dark mods though so it be won't ideal for be for everyone.

Disagree.

Violet Ten. supports 40%s. If outburst becomes reality, please do not drop 40% support .,.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:25:13 »
Personally I most likely wouldn稚 get that, might as well have gone for JTK PoW if I wanted that. But it might and looks like it値l be a good option for plenty of people.