Author Topic: I like to nerd out on things.  (Read 3045 times)

Offline hotROMin

I like to nerd out on things.
« on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 15:44:49 »
It's always something. Hackintosh's, Pi's, Custom Guitars, Guitar Pedals, Amp Mods...if it can be modified, tweaked, built, hacked, etc I tend to get obsessive....

I used a Corsair K90 with MX reds for a long time for everything and then when I got into CS:GO I did some research and got a Ducky One TKL with MX Silver (speeds) and since I really got into doing my research on mechanical keyboards a couple of weeks ago (my obsession with keyboards actually came by way of Thinkpad x220 keyboards and purchasing a new T25) I have purchased a few more...

The family has now grown to include a Model M13 with the trackpoint II in mind condition, a Coolermaster with Blues, a FC660C and a HHKB (both with Hasu controllers) as well as two Vortex Core's (one with blues and one with clears)...I'm trying to figure out what I really like and am looking at building my first keyboard soon.

Offline hotROMin

Re: I like to nerd out on things.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 22:09:52 »
I suppose I'll add that I am Colemak (alphas)\HHKB layout user at this point which just makes keycap purchasing no fun. Pretty much have to use blanks or DSA or just ignore the letters like I have to on my laptop and have been in general for the past decade.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 17:05:40 »
I just got a 660C with Hasu a few weeks ago, it's a great board.

Topre switches are pretty easy to mod, maybe you could try that out sometime if you haven't.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline method_

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 10:05:42 »
nothing better than guitar pedals!
thock program.