Author Topic: Hello GeekHack  (Read 2636 times)

Offline grizzly_teddy

Hello GeekHack
« on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 16:16:56 »
So I have made a few replies, but I just noticed this new members area!

So about me - I got into mechanical keyboards about 2 years ago because I wanted something really ergonomic - and came across the Kinesis Advantage. It was my first, and it was a beauty. However I found out about the wonders of QMK and realized I needed a new keeb. I sold the Advantage and bought an Ergodox Infinity and I couldn't have been happier. Since then I've bought lots of split keebs. I have a Chimera I use daily as well. I am also almost done building my Orthodox. Next up will be a Kinesis Advantage that I will put QMK on and some Box Royals (!!!) and maybe LEDS (??). I also have a Minidox but I don't like it, so I am selling it. Oh and I forgot I have a Dactly to build as well.

I am sort of a vendor.

I buy kits that I feel will sell well when they drop, and then I sell them. For example I bought over 80x kits of the latest SA Pulse GB. More recently, I purchased 5500 SA blanks. I will be making them into alphas, Plank, Preonic, and Ergodox kits. I also will sell some colors in packs of 4/8/10. I intend to sell them on Amazon (but I might change my mind). I am familiar with the FBA platform and I know the costs, and I think it might be cool for the community to get the keycaps they want with Amazon Prime shipping.

I like group buys but at the same time as a vendor I would rather just throw money at something and then sell it, and not worry about all the hassles that come with a GB. Obviously it requires upfront capital, which I have run out of (until the blanks and dev/tty R2 ships).

Anyway the whole Massdrop x Geekhack thing brought me here, and now I'm here!

Oh and if you hate me because I'm a capitalist pig - that's fine. I get that sometimes.

> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Hello GeekHack
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 17:03:59 »
Massdrop x Geekhack was one of the top 10 anime plot twists this year for sure.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!