Author Topic: [IC] GMK Finer Things - Group Buy Feb 1  (Read 71438 times)

Offline Abec13

Re: [IC] GMK Finer Things - Group Buy Feb 1
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 08:53:02 »
The bottom spacebar in the base kit is 7u which is regular size for HHKB.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2020, 08:56:26 by Abec13 »
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]

Offline Abec13

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 08:55:29 »
What are the dimensions of the space bar?

I'm not sure what you're asking, which spacebar?
Sorry, in the base kit and spacebar kit.

Are they 6, 6.25, off center? etc.

I assume they are the same as most GMK runs, where you have multiple lengths and off sets, etc.
But selfishly, trying to make sure this is 6u for my HHKB.

Oh I see now that the HHKB Keyboard, not the layout, uses 6u

6u, center and off center, spacebars are the top 2 in the Spacebars kit as those are very irregular.
[/url]

Offline trogdors_arm

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:21:13 »
As an ortho user, I was excited to see the 40’s kit fold into the base. However, it leaves me with a question regarding the space bar. Genuinely asking, does it create too much complexity to add a single 2U space bar to the base along with the 40’s? Either way, stoke for the set!! Thanks!!

Offline Abec13

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 15:16:42 »
As an ortho user, I was excited to see the 40’s kit fold into the base. However, it leaves me with a question regarding the space bar. Genuinely asking, does it create too much complexity to add a single 2U space bar to the base along with the 40’s? Either way, stoke for the set!! Thanks!!

As it goes with any compatibility, it's always the question of just "this key" or "that key"

Extra 225 shift for 660, 3 sets of pgup, pgdn, (for some sets, not this one) 1.5u Super and Fn for HHKB/Tsangan, etc etc. I won't say that it would up the cost too much to add a 2u, but some Ortho users like just 1u. Granting one would ask for the other. Then some asked for 225, 275 in base kit as well.

Seeing these massive 40s kits that rarely make MOQ leaves the vendors begging GMK to overlook the shortcomings. For this reason, keys like ISO are put into base kit because they wouldn't survive alone. So my strategy here is to put the basic 40s in base so that they simply exist. The spacebar compatibility has been separated to another kit because generally that's where the odd bars go. This promotes sales of the spacebars kit while also letting the majority users get away with not paying for that less common compatibility.

Perhaps if the numpad was split from the base kit, there would be room for bars (reference analog dreams) but the buyout power/desire of my vendors is not at the level or marketing reach of someone like Novel Keys.

I offer you the alternative of simply selling what you don't need. I've done that with a few sets where I only need the 40s keys, 225-275, and I sell the alternatives.
[/url]

Offline ku2000

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 18:57:26 »
Wow, e-white RAMA is stunning.
Now I am interested in RAMA also.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:14:50 »

As it goes with any compatibility, it's always the question of just "this key" or "that key"

Extra 225 shift for 660, 3 sets of pgup, pgdn, (for some sets, not this one) 1.5u Super and Fn for HHKB/Tsangan, etc etc. I won't say that it would up the cost too much to add a 2u, but some Ortho users like just 1u. Granting one would ask for the other. Then some asked for 225, 275 in base kit as well.

Seeing these massive 40s kits that rarely make MOQ leaves the vendors begging GMK to overlook the shortcomings. For this reason, keys like ISO are put into base kit because they wouldn't survive alone. So my strategy here is to put the basic 40s in base so that they simply exist. The spacebar compatibility has been separated to another kit because generally that's where the odd bars go. This promotes sales of the spacebars kit while also letting the majority users get away with not paying for that less common compatibility.

Perhaps if the numpad was split from the base kit, there would be room for bars (reference analog dreams) but the buyout power/desire of my vendors is not at the level or marketing reach of someone like Novel Keys.

I offer you the alternative of simply selling what you don't need. I've done that with a few sets where I only need the 40s keys, 225-275, and I sell the alternatives.

Superbly answered! Well done. So much better than the usual "no" answer.

Offline trogdors_arm

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 20:18:35 »

Superbly answered! Well done. So much better than the usual "no" answer.

Awesome answer. I really do hope my question came off as a genuine question. I’m in it to win it on this set!

Offline Abec13

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 12:43:24 »
Real life deskmat sample photos uploaded. this is bluer than the cap color but close enough for comfort. This has to do with the difficulties of bridging RGB and CMYK.

[/url]

Offline Kirihuna

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 22:11:37 »
I know it’s a sample but is that basically the final product for the mat?

Do we have images of the cables coming soon? Or prices?

I cannot explain how hyped I am for this set lol

Offline Abec13

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 22:16:34 »

That is basically final, yesm.

Prices for kits later this week.

I'll ask candy keys about cable photos/how they want to do that.

Thanks for the support!
[/url]

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:36:28 »

Thanks for the support!

Oh dang! There's a cable option? Awesome! Am I allowed to ask who you're collaborating with for the cables? Hype!

Offline Abec13

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 21:59:28 »

Thanks for the support!

Oh dang! There's a cable option? Awesome! Am I allowed to ask who you're collaborating with for the cables? Hype!

Candy Keys seems to have some manufacturer working with them. Atleast, that's my understanding of it. There should be sample photos before group buy starts and they should also be available from every vendor. I will relay more information as it comes to me :)
[/url]

Offline Abec13

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 13:46:25 »
Prices have been added.

Base Kit: https://imgur.com/gYnFQhu.png - $135 USD

Novelites: https://imgur.com/dtGvv76.png - $42 USD

Spacebars: https://imgur.com/gIWxCvS.png - $30 USD

Deskmat: https://imgur.com/a/xTwbgmX - $17 USD

RAMA: https://imgur.com/vuda67U - $43 USD

Some of the novelties, namely the ring, moped, sunglasses, and perfume, have been modified to be slightly simpler for the sake of manufacturing. While the board renders have not been updated to reflect that, the kit render has. Please refer to the kit render for the final form of these novelties.
[/url]

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 15:00:25 »
Looking good!

Anyone who wants 6u or white bars and not the split bars lemme know.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 17:21:23 »
I'm so excited for this and all the collabs. The things you create are gold abec.

Offline Abec13

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 10:29:23 »
I'm so excited for this and all the collabs. The things you create are gold abec.

<3
[/url]

Offline sh_xguitar

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 04:21:12 »
love the base kit, 5/5 should hop in

Offline Mooze_naps

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 15:48:39 »
I know I’m too late to the ic here but did anyone recommend a shiny “silver” rama artisan for this? Also a white and robins egg alpha set? Still picking this up when it drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Abec13

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 16:06:37 »
I know I’m too late to the ic here but did anyone recommend a shiny “silver” rama artisan for this? Also a white and robins egg alpha set? Still picking this up when it drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had originally planned for it to be an option but RAMA has since changed their MOQ system. Offering that cap along side the one we have here would have it's very own 100 MOQ to be made. Unfortunately, I don't believe interests are high enough to be offering something like that and I don't want to put pressure on my vendors to buy anything like that out :)
[/url]

Offline Abec13

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 20:48:44 »
GMK Finer Things, last day is tomorrow (Sunday)! Artkey will be hosting raffles for these this coming week:

Details:
10 per sculpt
Form open for 12 hours
9AM ICT Wed Mar 4
2AM GMT Wed Mar 4
9PM EST Tue Mar 3

Base kit buyers will have 3x the chance to win over other entires
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 February 2020, 20:50:50 by Abec13 »
[/url]