Author Topic: HI I need some tutorial  (Read 1393 times)

Offline jakub.rogacz

HI I need some tutorial
« on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 13:18:40 »
Hi i need some tutorial to build my first own keyboard. I plan to use switches but have no idea how to wire them up... and what should the controller send to computer( oh for i know no USB i would like PS/2 keyboard). I want just some basic thing simulating qwer and all other stufff used ing games being wsad ( i plann to mount it on a tube so i could use it hand held like mouse. ) So itll do on some simple controller. Hope u can help me :) I need tutoring.. I have some skills in electronics but not in programming of pheripherials so try to explain in easy langueage. And good to know some guys like u exist.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
Re: HI I need some tutorial
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 05:20:44 »
If you need any help following the tutorial, you can ask me, I just created my own firmware with that, maybe I can be of some help . ;D

Offline jakub.rogacz

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 08:40:07 »
OK Thanks for replies... HotKillerZzz can you say something more on contact me on some fb or mail? I need to know how to make this firmware preferably with posibility to use any processor.. i dont know which i will be using... I want to in the end make two handed controler working as computer and mouse to play lol ... or some other game so it must be programmable... in other words how do you make macro keys? Oh and do you know some cheap switches ( they could be other than for key board... I want to make the keyebord form kill switches as second keyboard project) ok anyway back to the topic Teensy is quite impossible to get where i live.... so i will need to program it from base...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 09:25:15 »
There are plenty of cheap Teensy substitutes from China, although they seem to be a bit more clumsy in use.

Buying a couple of cheap keyboards for parts is probably the fastest and easiest way to get many of the pieces that you will need.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline jakub.rogacz

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 15:53:48 »
Sorry but i thought in such a phase i should stay off programming so i decided to use a matrix of a working keyboard... maybe then ill still need some usb host knowlege on base level but it will be for future... Another one i here... will a killswitch keyboard do? and have anybody ever used typewriter skeleton to make a keyboard?