Author Topic: Logitech HyperScroll wheel in Trackpoint Cherry G80-3000 keyboard  (Read 8907 times)

Offline zmurf

• Cherry G803000LQC With Latest Generation Trackpoint
A couple of month ago I started on my mod to put a Logitech hyper scroll wheel into my Cherry G80-3000LQC that I already put a Trackpoint in.

I'm still not finished... have to do some improvements on the looks... but it is working nicely and I thought you would like some nice pictures. :)

More work and info to come.... soon.... maybe...

The Logitech M500 opened

The scroll wheel it self is held in place by a sprint

The sprint

The scroll wheel pcb has been soldered away from the main mouse pcb

soldered back together with some wire...

Where I'm going to cut in the Trackpoint buttons to make room for the scroll wheel

Temporary wrist rest... :)

Will make this thing fit.... someday....

Link to picasa album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/k.peter.mattsson/HyperScrollWheelInTrackpointCherryMechanicalKeyboard#
At last! A mechanical keyboard with Trackpoint of my own! Now with Hyper-Scroll! And also Ergo-Clear switches. Ohh... look... custom keys! :D

Offline zmurf

Logitech HyperScroll wheel in Trackpoint Cherry G80-3000 keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 06:47:30 »
I have some pictures of the disassembling of the Logitech corded M500 mouse from which I stole the hyperwheel... I will try to upload this this weekend.
At last! A mechanical keyboard with Trackpoint of my own! Now with Hyper-Scroll! And also Ergo-Clear switches. Ohh... look... custom keys! :D

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 May 2011, 17:35:16 »
The M500 is the same model I am using and want to integrate as well.

Would the wristrest cover everything?
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline zmurf

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 01:35:54 »
Yes.. or...well... I hope it will... :)

Offline zmurf

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 02:26:40 »
Added pictures to the article.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21 May 2011, 20:54:48 »
Asking the obvious:
I'm assuming you are happy with your placement of the scrollwheel (height/setback/relation to buttons)? I ask because I want to know if you had to compromise the placement to make it work. It seems to me to be perfect...is it?
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline zmurf

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 14:05:08 »
I'm really happy with the placement...
My original thought was to get rid of the third trackpoint button all together and use the button in the hyper wheel as third button. But then when I disassembled the trackpoint buttons I notices that the signal for the right mouse button would been severed if I did this. So I decided to keep the trackpoint middle button and just place the hyper-wheel as far forward as possible. And in retrospect this was much better. It's position is perfect. It isn't in the way when I click the trackpoint buttons or move back and forth between the left and right trackpoint button. But still it is easily reached with the thumb when I want to scroll.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 May 2011, 12:01:07 by zmurf »