Author Topic: Wood keyboard project  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Tenkey

Wood keyboard project
« on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 16:01:46 »
I currently have access to a wood workshop owned by a neighbor which means i have the chance to finally make a wood keyboard. But here comes the problem, I don't have any idea on how to make pcb boards, (i think imsto has controllers). The best solution would be to use pcb designs by the koreans (this will be a 84 winkeyless). However if that doesnt work out, is there anywhere i can custom order pcb boards?

Also correct me if im wrong but the main things you need for a keyboard like this would be the wooden housing, pcb board, controller, mx switches?

Offline Findecanor

Re: Wood keyboard project
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 19:17:12 »
You could buy an inexpensive CMStorm Quickfire Rapid keyboard and just build a wood case for it.

Too bad that you missed the Phantom group order. PCB, plate, programmable controller, diodes, stabilizers (for larger keys) and switches were included, but no case or key caps. Hopefully someone who is in that order could be interested in buying a spare CMStorm case.

Either way you do it, I would be interested in seeing your progress. I would also like to build a wood case.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 19:18:11 »
You could buy an inexpensive CMStorm Quickfire Rapid keyboard and just build a wood case for it.

Too bad that you missed the Phantom group order. PCB, plate, programmable controller, diodes and switches were included, but no case or key caps. Hopefully someone who is in that order could be interested in buying a spare CMStorm case.

Either way you do it, I would be interested in seeing your progress. I would also like to build a wood case.

There is more than likely going to be a round 2 for the phantom or a 60% version of the phantom.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 06:24:19 »
Damn! This would be a really cool project!

Making the caps would be the hardest part I think as they would be likely to crack during machining- unless you make blank caps, which is always better! :D
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."