Author Topic: I looking for FW for Teensy 3.2  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Broken arrow

I looking for FW for Teensy 3.2
« on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 02:10:53 »
Hi i wonder if A FW exist for Teensy 3.2?

Iīm not soo god on programming, I have see haata's kiibohd only. But i think is write in C and has never use it (i have only use autohotkey and similar in wordpad). Is it some other FW out i can use?

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2017, 02:56:29 by Broken arrow »

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
Re: I looking for FW for Teensy 3.2
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 23:10:09 »
kiibohd is the only 'base' keyboard firmware I've heard of for the Teensy 3.1 on, which use an ARM chip instead of the atmega that all the popular firmwares are written to.

So, your broken English is leaving me a little confused. Are you saying you, essentially, have no idea how to write or edit programs written in the C programming language? Because that's actually fairly common around here; it's why TMK and EasyAVR are so popular -- one person's genius lets the rest of us focus on the things we can wrap our mind around, like how to reduce typing strain, or how to make an everyday item look positively amazing.

I've never actually looked at the kiibohd code, myself but I would expect it's written in C. In TMK there's a block of code that's usually straight forward to edit so it matches the matrix of your keyboard, and another block to edit for what the previous block should do. It's worth reading the code, seeing if you can figure out what part is "supposed to be" edited by the non-programmers.

That's about all the help I can offer.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Broken arrow

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 11:52:50 »
kiibohd is the only 'base' keyboard firmware I've heard of for the Teensy 3.1 on, which use an ARM chip instead of the atmega that all the popular firmwares are written to.

So, your broken English is leaving me a little confused. Are you saying you, essentially, have no idea how to write or edit programs written in the C programming language? Because that's actually fairly common around here; it's why TMK and EasyAVR are so popular -- one person's genius lets the rest of us focus on the things we can wrap our mind around, like how to reduce typing strain, or how to make an everyday item look positively amazing.

I've never actually looked at the kiibohd code, myself but I would expect it's written in C. In TMK there's a block of code that's usually straight forward to edit so it matches the matrix of your keyboard, and another block to edit for what the previous block should do. It's worth reading the code, seeing if you can figure out what part is "supposed to be" edited by the non-programmers.

That's about all the help I can offer.

Sry for my english :)

I try linux and cmake (follow a guide), https://github.com/kiibohd/controller/wiki/Linux-Setup and https://github.com/kiibohd/controller/wiki/Windows-Setup (he use this program), and i not get it work properly on linux (i only get Ubuntu work in virtualbox) and windows i not understand what program i should start (is two different i install). Soo i very new on this.

Yes is in C, and notepad++ i guess not work soo god too use? And later if i get the code working I have too get the code in to Teensy 3.2.

I have use autohotkey, so novice too coding and change mods too games (value for example). not more experience i have (more like copy and paste and try).

My problem, what I do is not working and Cygwin64 Terminal not respond on command, and have no control what the program do.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 March 2017, 10:48:18 by Broken arrow »

Offline Broken arrow

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 13:31:57 »
Is many files in Kiibohd, i fink i not should use all modifier too one keyboard. But i donīt now what i keepor not.

https://github.com/kiibohd/controller

« Last Edit: Sat, 04 March 2017, 10:47:05 by Broken arrow »