Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion, Group Buy is LIVE till May 19th  (Read 60570 times)

Offline yokken

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion, Group Buy is LIVE till May 19th
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 09:14:16 »
Just ordered and we're at 45 already.

I'm even more suprised by the fact that there is an average of almost 2 sets per participant! I did not expect so many people to double-dip

I got 2 sets only because I wanted to try the white alphas. If I could have bought the alphas separately I would have, but no worries. I'll almost certainly be selling which ever set I like less. I'm expecting it to be quite a difficult decision.

Offline pitfermi

« Reply #251 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 11:04:44 »
Must.. resist.. ordering 2 sets...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Offline imprevade

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 11:26:24 »

I'm even more suprised by the fact that there is an average of almost 2 sets per participant! I did not expect so many people to double-dip

It looks like the main participant count is broken and only pulling data from the 'Base Kit With White Alphas' count, because those two numbers have always been the same.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #253 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 11:30:19 »

It looks like the main participant count is broken and only pulling data from the 'Base Kit With White Alphas' count, because those two numbers have always been the same.

Yeah I realized that too later, but I wouldn't call it a bug. It's just not intended that one product has two primary items inside, and I'm not sure myself if there would be a proper way. You could only merge the numbers if they shared the same MOQ

Offline imprevade

« Reply #254 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 11:35:35 »

Yeah I realized that too later, but I wouldn't call it a bug. It's just not intended that one product has two primary items inside, and I'm not sure myself if there would be a proper way. You could only merge the numbers if they shared the same MOQ

One could pull the data from how many 'orders' there are, instead of referencing the number of sets bought. It's definitely deceiving because if I were to order 100 sets of 'Base Kit With White Alphas,' then it would be counted as 100 participants in the current build.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 11:59:57 »

One could pull the data from how many 'orders' there are, instead of referencing the number of sets bought. It's definitely deceiving because if I were to order 100 sets of 'Base Kit With White Alphas,' then it would be counted as 100 participants in the current build.

But what's the MOQ number you are having those total number of orders race against? If lets say we are currently at 100 total orders, is the bar now close to being half full as the MOQ for one color is 250? Or a quarter because we combine the MOQ's as well? In the current case the latter seems appropriate because the community is pretty much 50/50 split across the colors, but what do you do if you have not such a nice ratio?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 12:03:32 »
Since both base kits have unique colours, I assume the MOQ is 250 for each, or is it shared?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 12:05:32 »
Since both base kits have unique colours, I assume the MOQ is 250 for each, or is it shared?

All 4 kits need to hit their own MOQ's. So your assumption is correct, we need 250 grays and 250 whites. Keep in mind that jchan is also going to buy extras for stock, and I'm putting in 5 of each myself. We'll be good I'm sure  :thumb:

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 12:19:49 »
Joined for the greys and the whites :)

Offline imprevade

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 12:36:52 »

But what's the MOQ number you are having those total number of orders race against? If lets say we are currently at 100 total orders, is the bar now close to being half full as the MOQ for one color is 250? Or a quarter because we combine the MOQ's as well? In the current case the latter seems appropriate because the community is pretty much 50/50 split across the colors, but what do you do if you have not such a nice ratio?

The current number measures participants. It says "56 Joined." When in reality, it's much more likely that around 100 people joined. The simple solution is to just change it to kits 'purchased,' instead of participants.

The bar however is meant to represent how close the GB is to being 'unlocked."

The simple solution is to write the code something like this;

if OptionA is > OptionB then the bar is filled A/250 %
if OptionA is < OptionB then the bar is filled B/250 %

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 12:38:42 »

The current number measures participants. It says "56 Joined." When in reality, it's much more likely that around 100 people joined. The simple solution is to just change it to kits 'purchased,' instead of participants.

You need more than one bar though - if Option A hits 100% and hits MoQ, but Option B has not, then the bar is misleading for anyone who purchased Option B.

Offline imprevade

« Reply #261 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 12:47:40 »

You need more than one bar though - if Option A hits 100% and hits MoQ, but Option B has not, then the bar is misleading for anyone who purchased Option B.

No, because the group buy is unlocked as soon as either kit hits MOQ. What if 250 people bought Option A, but only 10 people bought Option B? Then the group buy would run, but Option B would not be purchased. Don't forget that you still have the individual bars for each kit.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 12:48:36 »
Interest Checks section is for interest checks only, not for GB support.  The IC phase for this set has ended.  If anyone wishes to discuss the group buy, it should be done in a dedicated thread, or in the absence of one contact the team running the GB (in this case via KeyClack website) directly.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 09:05:48 »
Further discussion continues here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89241.0

Thanks for everyone's feedback!