Author Topic: advice about painting indoor  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Humstuck

advice about painting indoor
« on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 23:37:04 »
Hi,

I am living in an apartment and I want to get a crack at painting my QFR case because its getting old.

I am kind of in a pickle because I don't have a garage/balcony/room dedicated that I could use to spray paint. (gotta learn to as well)

Any advice? Could it be done with brushes? If yes, tips?

Thank you.

Offline Findecanor

Re: advice about painting indoor
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 07:15:11 »
Spraypainting indoors is a bad idea unless you have a dedicated room or you spray only a little little bit.
Spray mist does not fall only onto the object you paint but can spread around the room and settle everywhere.
I have sometimes sprayed a little little bit in the bathroom, but only to touch things up - not for painting an entire keyboard.

Does your apartment block have a communal yard with a table that is not too crowded with kids? Maybe you would need to ask permission.
You could check out if there is a Maker Space nearby, which could have a painting booth, but they might want a membership fee.

Brushing would leave brush-marks. Marker pens can work for small details - they will otherwise leave streaks.
Another option would be to wrap it in vinyl. There are a few example in the forum of that. The problems are mostly about avoiding bubbles and getting the edges clean.

Offline Humstuck

Re: advice about painting indoor (done)
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 12:59:12 »
Finally managed to do something with spray paint.

Tell me what you think as my first attempt :)

Still need to wait 1-2 days to make sure my clear is optimum.

4 blue layers
3 clear layers

both satin finish.

Welp ... not sure how to link pictures, I just have a Google Drive. It still loads but no preview in the post.

Offline KACHAKEYS

Re: advice about painting indoor
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 18:49:05 »
I would recommend getting a spray booth or tent that you can set up in your bathroom. Usually they are sold at hobby lobby and blick type stores.