Author Topic: Re-designing Alps to MX Adaptors  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Anakey

Re-designing Alps to MX Adaptors
« on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 11:49:03 »
Hi, I know there will be some of you in the community that have previously bought the Alps to MX adaptors made by nubbinator, however recently Shapeways has changed their formula for calculating pricing and so the price of the adaptors went up nearly 3x. As the new shapeways pricing has a fixed $1 per part, this means that because each individual adaptor counts as a part, these adaptors are now very expensive. I have tried to contact nubbinator on shapeways and also through pm here on GH and have had no response so if anyone has a more direct contact to bring this to his attention so that each adaptor can be linked together it would cut the cost down by a lot. The other alternative is for someone else to basically redesign the adaptors so that they are linked together and so are then affordable for the community to use, those who want to use Alps switches with MX keycaps.

Offline rsbseb

• -Horned Rabbit-
Re: Re-designing Alps to MX Adaptors
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 18:50:12 »
I still have a set of aluminum molds for injection molding them from a couple of years ago, but not for the extended stabilizers. If the shapeways material is now suitable for this application, I can probably get a model of a tree full of them to share. In fact I think we may already have one on file, but it has not been tested in use. Otherwise if there is a proven model for 3D printing and you just need someone to bind together a set as a single component I'm sure I can arrange for it.

Offline airs

Re: Re-designing Alps to MX Adaptors
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 13:55:54 »
I still have a set of aluminum molds for injection molding them from a couple of years ago, but not for the extended stabilizers. If the shapeways material is now suitable for this application, I can probably get a model of a tree full of them to share. In fact I think we may already have one on file, but it has not been tested in use. Otherwise if there is a proven model for 3D printing and you just need someone to bind together a set as a single component I'm sure I can arrange for it.

Any update on this? I'm looking for a good way to use MX caps on Alps switches for a new build :)
Octagon v2, LZ CLS