Author Topic: Blank Keycaps  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
Blank Keycaps
« on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 16:57:41 »
Where would be the best place to buy blank Keycaps? I could really use a Full set of Black Blanks or a mixture of blanks. I've Seen them on WASD Keyboards but i was wondering if there was maybe a Wholeseller that i could just get a but load of them from for cheap?

Offline Djuzuh

Blank Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 17:01:46 »
First, are you aware that different rows = different profiles?

Also, if you plan to go very large, SP is your best bet. If not, go WASD.

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
Blank Keycaps
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 17:10:21 »
Yes I'm Aware of the different rows/Profiles I'm wanting the Actual Letter keys I believe they are the row 1 2 and 3 Keys. I've looked at SP But it was kinda Overwhelming i wasn't sure what i needed to ask for.

Offline Djuzuh

Blank Keycaps
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 17:17:48 »
you need to send an email where you indicate clearly what you want, and Melissa will send you the prices.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Blank Keycaps
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 17:19:41 »
She'll want you to indicate the exact product number, should be listed on the PDFs. Also don't forget SP refers to their rows 'upside down' compare to other keycap vendors and the community at large (so function and number rows are referred to as R1, etc).

Oh and the prices are the same, $1 per key for everything in inventory plus I think $10 shipping. Decent price to outfit a poker, pricey for much beyond that.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
Blank Keycaps
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 17:24:22 »
okay so one more questions b4 i start this adventure.... I have a CM Storm Quickfire... What family of profile do i want? I'm guessing its DCS? right?
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 June 2012, 17:26:49 by Upcboy »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Blank Keycaps
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 17:31:41 »
Basically, whatever you want -- it's a matter of preference.

I forget what profile most group buys use, so if you wanna mix and match with them somebody can probably tell you.

Sometimes you can find a whole set of keys in the colors you want but they might only be in one profile.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Blank Keycaps
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 19:42:26 »
F*ck SP, give imsto or qtan a shout for Cherry profile thick pbt keycaps. Better quality and generally cheaper.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 June 2012, 19:44:48 by lysol »

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
Blank Keycaps
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 19:57:55 »
Quote from: lysol;613741
F*ck SP, give imsto or qtan a shout for Cherry profile thick pbt keycaps. Better quality and generally cheaper.

Agreed, and much easier to order from them too.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Upcboy

• Perfect Aim
Blank Keycaps
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 21:55:21 »
Imsto and qtan? are those people here on the forums?

Offline quake4mhg

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Blank Keycaps
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 23:12:03 »
Quote from: lysol;613741

Exactly.

Although they weren't able to help us out with getting all the replacement key caps for a Kinesis Advantage :(
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~