Author Topic: Would've  (Read 1507 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Would've
« on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 15:12:29 »
u know, Firefly would've easily became a 100 BILLION dollar franchise.

It connected with ADULTS, people with continuous spending power, desperate to throw money at this thing.

In the context of plot,  there are at least 3x similar animes for JossWhedon to continue ripping off.  That's at least 20x episodes.

Sigh.......................

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: Would've
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 17:06:51 »
I really need to watch that Firefly thing, you keep talking about it, sounds like really good show.
I only watched a movie, which I liked.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 17:24:18 »
I really need to watch that Firefly thing, you keep talking about it, sounds like really good show.

Yeah, a lot of people really liked Firefly, and point out how much potential it had as a character-driven show. Think Cowboy Bebop, but live action and made in the west, with different characters. It still has that skeleton of the sci-fi western, of the broke spaceship crew doing different jobs from week to week to give the show its framework. I just personally haven't watched it because there's no way for me to tell how much of the love for the series is "Look at where it could have gone!" and how much of it is the show actually being good and compelling; honestly, I may have a mild case of hype aversion on it as well.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 17:37:49 »

Put it all together, snacks, all episodes and the final movie, all in 1 go.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 17:47:02 »
How's your hero Joss "don't leave me in the room alone with him" Whedon these days?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 17:49:40 »
How's your hero Joss "don't leave me in the room alone with him" Whedon these days?

He's not my hero, he's just lucky to be part of Firefly.

Firefly is its own thing.

You have cake,  there's nothing special about sugar, flour, water,   But together, it's cake.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 18:23:20 »

Oh no!

That is the consummate spoiler. The show was cut off abruptly after one season, and the movie came out several years later as a quick efficient way to tie up all the loose ends.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 19:08:15 »

Oh no!

That is the consummate spoiler. The show was cut off abruptly after one season, and the movie came out several years later as a quick efficient way to tie up all the loose ends.

It's spoiler, but it's fine, still a great show.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 21:31:59 »
Firefly was lame. Accept it guys. Let it die.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 21:52:59 »
Firefly was lame. Accept it guys. Let it die.

You LIE.............

Firefly = Greatest television show ever.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 18:06:36 »
OK ok, I'll watch the series, then movie again. I only remember one thing from the movie, that girl who suddenly jumped out and killed all the guys in a room.
Plus the main guy, I like him.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 18:23:18 »
The characters are all good, if sometimes implausible.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"