geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] cw80/60 by cruel world (70% SHIPPED)

<< < (30/32) > >>

incrediblejr:

--- Quote from: honoka on Wed, 03 January 2024, 15:23:32 ---
--- Quote from: Cobertt on Mon, 15 November 2021, 15:31:36 ---Don't sleep on this one.

--- End quote ---
I wish I did.

You have said to be friends with Cruelworld.
What's going on?

--- End quote ---

You, me, and all the other 1200+ GB participants would rather have slept on this trainwreck of a GB. More than a year delayed, only to be delivered a fundamentally flawed designed keyboard. Geekhack is probably not their friends (*) preferred platform to engage in conversation, as here they do not have strength in numbers to gang up and bully, can't control the narrative, don't have moderator privileges (although they do a fine job of reporting, as we can see in this thread), or the option to delete messages if the conversation doesn't go their way.

(*) I'm not saying that Cobertt is CW's friend, since we're still waiting for their answer. Just trying to spare us all from an episode of pearl-clutching. They said they were friends earlier in the thread.

incrediblejr:

--- Quote from: honoka on Thu, 04 January 2024, 07:37:53 ---We can see that you have been online a couple of times recently @cruelworld

Any updates to share?

--- End quote ---

If by recently you mean "since their flawed design was exposed in the Reddit post 8 months ago" you are absolutely correct. We are still waiting for an explanation of how the gasket sock tolerances made the JST cutout too small in the bottom case, which we all know is BS and all CW60s are affected. They have had ample time to refute this; it has been stated for over 8 months. Instead, we have had to play along with their charades of making the PCB replacement an opt-in process, as if not all CW60s are affected (they are), and listen to their empty promises of how they are "determined to make everything right" and how hard they are working. We understand the predicament they are in, as a lot of people were exposed/slimed by their incompetence and the financial aspect of it. How about being a mensch and just doing the right thing? They surely can come up with a BS explanation filled with plausible deniability wording. We know, as we have had to listen to it throughout the GB process.

audax989:
would love to at least hear something from ACW whether or not things are still moving forward or what not.

he's definitely still around since his last log in was a week ago. As an early gb supporter (then proceeded to get my board late) while pre orders were fulfilled first that pissed me off the most. I did get my board and pretty happy with it despite the issues.

I just wished he had a little more decency in him to see this through.

tactilesbad:

--- Quote from: honoka on Wed, 03 January 2024, 15:23:32 ---
--- Quote from: Cobertt on Mon, 15 November 2021, 15:31:36 ---Don't sleep on this one.

--- End quote ---
I wish I did.

You have said to be friends with Cruelworld.
What's going on?

--- End quote ---

good luck getting a word out of their simps

honoka:
Cobertt is not a simp!
He is a  Trust & Safety Admin Team Member of the MK Vendor Trust and Safety System.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version