Author Topic: Tex Beetles have arrived!  (Read 14383 times)

Offline ShakeR

• http://mechanicalkeyboards.com
Tex Beetles have arrived!
« on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 18:13:14 »
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?man=31

We are incredibly impressed with this keyboard and we don't say this often.  Very sharp looking and very clean feel. Also, an incredible value for a CNC aluminum top. 

Expect great things from this company.  Two of the most talented people in the industry partnered to create Tex, and we're very eager to see more!
MechanicalKeyboards.com - What do you type on?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Tex Beetles have arrived!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 18:14:39 »
Can I ask something? Why are the Browns and Reds $1 more than the others? Is that $1 really going to break the bank? And if so, why not just charge $1 more for the others?

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 18:20:10 »
Can I ask something? Why are the Browns and Reds $1 more than the others? Is that $1 really going to break the bank? And if so, why not just charge $1 more for the others?

Haha. Good question.  It's usually a $2 - $6 difference.  I'm honestly not sure.  Maybe it's just enough to still remind everyone that Brown and Red switches cost more lol.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 18:41:08 »
Really interested to see some reviews for this!!
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline elttaboi

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 22:51:06 »
Just saw this on mechanicalkeyboards.com, it looks pretty sweet with the alluminum case. I wish it was tkl though.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 16:32:19 »
WHY IS THIS NOT SHIPPING AFTER I ORDERED FRIDAY NOON?????

could the thread start care to  illustrate why i t's bang for bucks??

my only exposure to cnc is 20-50 buck EXTREME rc truck parts, and of course, a pre installed traxxas slash 4x4 ultimate filled with cnc parts costing a good 600 bucks or something.

they bend too easily, they cannot go back to original form. they are too heavy.,

yes, I KNOW THEY ARE EYE CANDY, I BOUGHT THE DARN KEYBOARD..FFS.

also as a proud early if not first endorser of the keyboard, i wanna know what you know about the 2 creator's talent

:))gracious.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 18:22:33 »
Not sure if you're trolling or not... You can't expect most companies to work weekends to ship straight away. Those who do are few.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 19:23:45 »
Not sure if you're trolling or not... You can't expect most companies to work weekends to ship straight away. Those who do are few.

dude, most orders i made on friday on amazon ships friday or saturday, AND mechanical keyboards shipped my last order last friday, and that was the reason I made the blind order before confirming shipment time,

IT IS only later that i realized that the last time I made the order 3am in the morning Friday. The specific time was only shown somewhere else.

the mentality to identify trolls at first sight is  universal, i understand, but i am not.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 20:17:37 »
You can't compare a small store to Amazon.. Amazon is a large company with a very streamlined system for handling orders which they are famous for. Very few companies can give Amazon a match.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 22:19:09 »
You can't compare a small store to Amazon.. Amazon is a large company with a very streamlined system for handling orders which they are famous for. Very few companies can give Amazon a match.
mkay..

still curious as to how many ordered Friday or up till now?

will def try if posting pic iseasy on this forum

horrendous on pcwaishe.cn
ps. anyone know what lvl do you get to skip verification?

Offline lyrill

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 22:21:26 »

haha i love reds cus they are like float running on water..........what beats that seriously??and i listen to music or have headset on all the time anyways why bother with tactile-.-

that said my first mech is a filco87 brown and yeah my rapid blue is still go to choice for typing

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 22:38:12 »
If I liked 60% boards I would definitely choose the TEX.  They got everything right.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 02:04:12 »
If I liked 60% boards I would definitely choose the TEX.  They got everything right.

why do you not lke 60%??what's not ok with them???
]i would only want creativity, not stagation of retarded full size keyboard, which is why i never bothered with the overrated original cherry keyboards, HEY if anyone give me one for free and i try and i like it, sure, but there isn't even a source to buy it easily in the US.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 02:42:21 »

]i would only want creativity, not stagation of retarded full size keyboard, which is why i never bothered with the overrated original cherry keyboards, HEY if anyone give me one for free and i try and i like it, sure, but there isn't even a source to buy it easily in the US.

You give me headache.
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline Rendom

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 03:27:44 »

What?
QFR - MX Blue

Offline jabar

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 18:39:13 »
dude, most orders i made on friday on amazon
mk.com isn't amazon.

amazon has temp workers who are overworked and paid poorly to ensure same day shipments. MK.com is three people. I'm sure you survived the weekend.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline lyrill

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 21:45:11 »
dude, most orders i made on friday on amazon
mk.com isn't amazon.

amazon has temp workers who are overworked and paid poorly to ensure same day shipments. MK.com is three people. I'm sure you survived the weekend.

i am not sure that I "survived" anything.

keyboards being eye candies and cult luxury for geeks, not something i am particularly interested in delaying time spent with

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 21:49:10 »

I don't know WTH you're talking about, but the reason I don't like 60% boards is that keys I use very often are moved behind an extra keypress (fn layer).  Home, End, Delete, F3, F5, F7, PgUp, PgDn, (and arrows, in the case of the HHKB)  Ain't nobody got time for dat.  My 75% board has all of those on the top layer and doesn't take up that much more space.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 09:17:17 »
FWIW, I did a "First Impressions" review of one of the prototype Beetle's, which can be found here. There are a few pictures and a video as well.

I plan on doing a more through review in the next few days.  ;D

Offline theeattre

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 15:23:57 »
beetle arrived this afternoon. pretty amazed overall. don't know why i was thinking the bezel would be larger but was surprised at how compact it was even with all that aluminum showing. it lacks the bells and whistles (keycap puller, extra keycaps) others offer but the quality of the build seems very high if not higher than its competition.

having said that, this is my first mechanical keyboard, first 60% keyboard and my first post, so take that into consideration. i'm not at a point where i'm ready to critique layouts and fn layers but that's not why i wanted an mk in the first place. i've just recently built my first computer and was looking for aesthetically pleasing accoutrements (since i gave up holding steve job's hand) and stumbled upon this amazingly informative forum. it's been over a week of info consumption and searching sites i've never heard of in hopes of obtaining a good keyboard. if i hadn't come across the happy hacker in the early stages, i probably would have just settled on purchasing a filco ninja from amazon (wait, you can get side printed keycaps!? wait, you can get blank keycaps? wait, they're called keycaps!?). if it wasn't for the hh price i probably wouldn't have come across the kbt pure. if it wasn't for my lack of need for a backlit keyboard i wouldn't have come across the beetle. and here we are today.

thanks to both mashby and laffindude for the super informative posts on the tex! you both really guided me in making my first mk purchase. and yeh, this should prob be in the new members section but it's kind of a 50/50 review thing.

also, contacted justin about a set of blank keycaps and he said he'd ship them to me. pretty excited.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 15:39:08 »
^ That's an awesome first post

Offline lyrill

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 17:48:29 »

first post assuming all people that got it actually bothers to post, and only for production Tex, ie excluding asby

oops i take that back lol ididn't even read your post..

but still, i assume most people don't need active posting to have a lot of knowledge about things
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 May 2013, 17:50:33 by lyrill »

Offline lyrill

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 17:53:32 »
beetle arrived this afternoon. pretty amazed overall. don't know why i was thinking the bezel would be larger but was surprised at how compact it was even with all that aluminum showing. it lacks the bells and whistles (keycap puller, extra keycaps) others offer but the quality of the build seems very high if not higher than its competition.

having said that, this is my first mechanical keyboard, first 60% keyboard and my first post, so take that into consideration. i'm not at a point where i'm ready to critique layouts and fn layers but that's not why i wanted an mk in the first place. i've just recently built my first computer and was looking for aesthetically pleasing accoutrements (since i gave up holding steve job's hand) and stumbled upon this amazingly informative forum. it's been over a week of info consumption and searching sites i've never heard of in hopes of obtaining a good keyboard. if i hadn't come across the happy hacker in the early stages, i probably would have just settled on purchasing a filco ninja from amazon (wait, you can get side printed keycaps!? wait, you can get blank keycaps? wait, they're called keycaps!?). if it wasn't for the hh price i probably wouldn't have come across the kbt pure. if it wasn't for my lack of need for a backlit keyboard i wouldn't have come across the beetle. and here we are today.

thanks to both mashby and laffindude for the super informative posts on the tex! you both really guided me in making my first mk purchase. and yeh, this should prob be in the new members section but it's kind of a 50/50 review thing.

also, contacted justin about a set of blank keycaps and he said he'd ship them to me. pretty excited.

which Justin? What keycaps? link pls:)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 18:11:50 »
lol.  what is this i don't even

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 18:21:10 »
tp4tissue version 2.
He does sound like him a lot.

Offline theeattre

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 19:11:17 »

thank you, sir.

Offline theeattre

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 19:19:46 »

which Justin? What keycaps? link pls:)

i contacted justin through the tex website. no pics of said keycaps, just mentioned to him that i, as a customer, would be more interested in alternative sets of caps in lieu of more color options for the case. he said he could help and would get back to me in a few. hope that helps.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 19:27:12 »
...the reason I don't like 60% boards is that keys I use very often are moved behind an extra keypress (fn layer).  Home, End, Delete, F3, F5, F7, PgUp, PgDn, (and arrows, in the case of the HHKB)  Ain't nobody got time for dat.  My 75% board has all of those on the top layer and doesn't take up that much more space.

Exactly!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 19:28:23 »
...the reason I don't like 60% boards is that keys I use very often are moved behind an extra keypress (fn layer).  Home, End, Delete, F3, F5, F7, PgUp, PgDn, (and arrows, in the case of the HHKB)  Ain't nobody got time for dat.  My 75% board has all of those on the top layer and doesn't take up that much more space.

Exactly!

Once you learn the Fn layer by muscle memory, it's just as fast as having the keys there. But that's all personal preference.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 00:13:36 »

Exactly!

Once you learn the Fn layer by muscle memory, it's just as fast as having the keys there. But that's all personal preference.

exactly! in spirit

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 10:35:36 »
mkay..

We always quote ship dates as next business day.  So, if you're looking on our site and it's Friday (1am or 11pm), it will always say "Your entire order ships Monday".  That being said, we do OUR BEST to ship orders up till noon same day.  Our best does not mean always, and that's why we don't quote 'always'.

Amazon (the biggest e-commerce site in the world) started shipping on Saturdays (for a surcharge / prime customers) just a short while ago.  That's how near impossible it is to ship on weekends. They did $61 Billion in revenue last year and account for over 30% of ALL UPS shipments.  We don't have the 'pull' they do with UPS and FedEx, but I guarantee we pack your keyboard 10 times better.  Even Amazon can't do anything about Sundays and FedEx Holidays (such as memorial day) when no one ships.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 21:04:42 »
mkay..

We always quote ship dates as next business day.  So, if you're looking on our site and it's Friday (1am or 11pm), it will always say "Your entire order ships Monday".  That being said, we do OUR BEST to ship orders up till noon same day.  Our best does not mean always, and that's why we don't quote 'always'.

Amazon (the biggest e-commerce site in the world) started shipping on Saturdays (for a surcharge / prime customers) just a short while ago.  That's how near impossible it is to ship on weekends. They did $61 Billion in revenue last year and account for over 30% of ALL UPS shipments.  We don't have the 'pull' they do with UPS and FedEx, but I guarantee we pack your keyboard 10 times better.  Even Amazon can't do anything about Sundays and FedEx Holidays (such as memorial day) when no one ships.

yeah the packing is great! amazon packages are so generic and dull, always appreciate the individual care amazon usually pack mediocre fashion and I hate airbags that are hard to just throw in trashcan , getting nice exclusive website packages always make my day-I wish i have a slower lifestyle to appreciate keyboards purchases fully, and I wish I have space to just keep those boxes in my place..

I have to say tho Deck keyboard packaging are just so unique--hand written font that tells you this is the last keyboard you need lolz. well didn't werk for me obviously hahahaha
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2013, 21:09:01 by lyrill »

Offline elttaboi

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 02:25:02 »
amazon and newegg used to be a lot better at packaging their stuff. Now they just throw whatever you bought into a huge box with few too little air packs.

Offline expired

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 06:20:39 »
Damn no F keys ;(

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 14:07:57 »
amazon and newegg used to be a lot better at packaging their stuff. Now they just throw whatever you bought into a huge box with few too little air packs.

Yeah, I remember when Newegg had awesome customer service and packing.  It's turned into a nightmare over there compared to when they first became 'New' 'Egg'.  When you're price competing with Amazon on everything you sell and make $0.30 profit per item, you have to cut out customer service / packing staff to stay in business.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 14:09:27 »
mkay..

yeah the packing is great! amazon packages are so generic and dull, always appreciate the individual care amazon usually pack mediocre fashion and I hate airbags that are hard to just throw in trashcan , getting nice exclusive website packages always make my day-I wish i have a slower lifestyle to appreciate keyboards purchases fully, and I wish I have space to just keep those boxes in my place..

I have to say tho Deck keyboard packaging are just so unique--hand written font that tells you this is the last keyboard you need lolz. well didn't werk for me obviously hahahaha

Love this post :)

Also, I completely agree with the Deck packaging -- couldn't believe when I saw "You've get a big Deck" written on one of the boxes in our first shipment. lol

Offline lyrill

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 23:19:43 »
mkay..

Love this post :)

Also, I completely agree with the Deck packaging -- couldn't believe when I saw "You've get a big Deck" written on one of the boxes in our first shipment. lol

LOOl

Offline ARod

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 09:03:49 »
I've ordered 4 boards from them.  In my experience, if you order before noon it will go out that day.  That's pretty damn good.  Their Fast 'n Cheap two day service is pretty nice as well.

I will give this Tex Beetle a try in a few months if they are still in stock.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 16:01:00 »
Why not Bluetooth? PLEASE CUT THE WIRES!!!!!