« on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 21:15:34 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 April 2022, 14:26:12 by sedxr »

Offline sedxr

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 21:22:02 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 April 2022, 14:26:22 by sedxr »

Offline Mecxs

Re: [IC] Motif Keyboard | 65% + Macro Column
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 22:40:45 »
What sort of feedback are you expecting here?

You have no prototype
You have no pricing
You have no vendors
You have no PCB information
You have no finalised plate materials
You don't even have a working IC Form

I don't want to be rude, but all you've done so far is draw a picture of a keyboard and tell us that it has 22 screws, and now you're asking for feedback on it.

If you're looking for a place to announce that you're working on a project, or tease a new design with some renders while you're waiting for a prototype, then there are other far more appropriate places for that. This is far too premature to be here. You haven't even ordered your prototype yet. This isn't an IC.

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 00:32:56 »
There's an upper left corner macro key on the renders but not on the layout image.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 09:09:16 »
there is nothing we can comment on/give feedback to. Except for one or two things, why 22 screws and why brass as the only plate option so far? Alu and PC are more desired plate options than brass at least from what I experienced since I joined this hobby 2 years ago.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 09:12:15 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2022, 04:31:16 by Keeblet_257 »

Offline NitPik

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 23:21:49 »

You have no prototype
You have no pricing
You have no vendors

I don't want to be rude, but all you've done so far is draw a picture of a keyboard and tell us that it has 22 screws, and now you're asking for feedback on it.

If you're looking for a place to announce that you're working on a project, or tease a new design with some renders while you're waiting for a prototype, then there are other far more appropriate places for that. This is far too premature to be here. You haven't even ordered your prototype yet. This isn't an IC.

Kinda seems like he is checking the interest on his idea tho, no? Sounds exactly like an interest check to me.

Offline Botty212

[IC] Motif Keyboard | 65% + Macro Column
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 01:53:56 »

You have no prototype
You have no pricing
You have no vendors

Kinda seems like he is checking the interest on his idea tho, no? Sounds exactly like an interest check to me.
Design looks clean and layout is great definetly gonna receive interest but thats it. I think that there are around 2 thousand ppl that are interested in the layout, as of now, but most are likely to lose their interest if price isnt what they expect, plate options offered isnt what they want, PCB doesnt support features they want or if there is no regional vendor. Of course interest in the layout is needed but 65% with macro collum isnt that exotic as to make a seperate IC for it and the design doesnt look too crazy or innovative/new.

Pricing, PCB info, plate options, vendors, pictures of prototypes to see how the product looks in person and even material of the case itself, is it 6063 or 6061?
All those things play a big role in whether ppl have interest when the GB drops.
Having interest in a render or the layout is normal but pricing, vendors and how the product looks in person will be the determining factor in whether it sells or not.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 March 2022, 01:56:04 by Botty212 »

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 04:09:31 »

You have no prototype
You have no pricing
You have no vendors

Yes, but his idea is "a 65% keyboard". The interest for that already exists - it doesn't need to be checked.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 07:32:54 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 October 2023, 05:39:33 by Diggidy »

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 12:54:54 »
Here is some feedback. Don't produce it  :thumb:
Just gonna put as much effort as OP

Offline stewfayew

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 12:57:41 »
Guys I designed a picture of a keyboard do you like it? I'll make a Google form eventually so for now just reply here with "so hyped for this!" so I know how many I'll sell.

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 13:00:33 »
Guys I designed a picture of a keyboard do you like it? I'll make a Google form eventually so for now just reply here with "so hyped for this!" so I know how many I'll sell.

So hyped for this!
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline stewfayew

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 13:17:36 »
Okay here is a real response: From your perspective I can understand wanting to know if anyone cares about your project before you purchase a prototype. But you've got it twisted - people are way more compelled to care after seeing the prototype.

I look at this and I wonder do you even care about your own project? If you really wanted to make this board wouldn't you just do it?

And the sad reality of ordering a first proto is sometimes you want to change something about your own design that you thought was so good on paper. Maybe it's a fantastic design and you got it perfect on your first try but there's no physical keyboard as proof! So how do we know??

Offline FitLabb

• FitLabb
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 20:21:33 »
Sheesh, tough crowd in here!!! Looks like a lot of people had a very bad hair day after waking up on the wrong side of the bed. To the OP, ignore the angry trolls & mean comments in here, & just put the work in to get all the necessary info as your next step.

While I would like to see more details about your board like many others mentioned (no need for anyone to be so rude or obnoxious about that though!), my initial feedback is that it’s a decent looking design & very functional for many people with the intended layout. IMO there isn’t anything particularly unique about the overall design (I like the back weight design), but it looks decent overall.

For me, the perfect 65% board has the right combo of the following…
- A clickable rotary encoder
- At least 1 macro column
- Exploded arrow keys
- An interesting or unique aesthetic design (this is hard to describe as it’s pure personal taste, but I like something that’s new & different in some ways than everything that’s been done before)
- A beautiful back weight design
- Small LED screen like on the Sat 75 or Ellora65
- Hotswap pcb option
- Some interesting RGB incorporated somehow into the design (think Space65 or Matrix 3.0). This isn’t necessary but just a nice feature if it’s there. Ironically my favorite board to type on doesn’t even have this (Mr Suit)
- 3 or more plate options, with POM or PC being options
- Sound & feel matters a LOT to most people, & it’s very subjective, but also VERY important to get right!
- 3-5 great color choices

Anyway, hope that was helpful, and just wanted to weigh in to counter-balance some of the unnecessarily mean comments here with some constructive helpful feedback.

Wishing you all the best with this project, & looking forward to seeing more info from you when you figure out the details…..
Founder of FitLabb.com - an online fitness & nutrition platform
YouTube - FitLabb

Offline rokon07

• Reddit: u/rokon-07 | Discord: rokon07#2203
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 25 March 2022, 00:06:28 »
The design itself looks nice, but need more info on the board. Also, your layout options for left macros shows only 4 keys; whereas your case design has 5 keys. Was there supposed to be a blocker or did you just put the wrong layout? lol Glwic
Keycult 1/60 Rev.1 | KL90 | Keycult 2/65 Red| Keycult No2 Contemporary Red | Sat75 | Rama M60a

Offline Mikeoxhard

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 07:55:31 »
looks like the Tsukuyomi  :blank:

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 26 March 2022, 18:00:34 »
What a pleasant person you are. We are all waiting with bated breath for your IC - which I am sure will be perfect.

Except, as I said before, this is not an IC. It's a drawing of a keyboard. There's nothing wrong with posting a less-than-perfect IC - everyone does it. The problem here is that there is nothing to check the interest of. That's why nobody has come along yet and said "wow OP, this is the perfect keyboard for me, I am excited for this and will definitely buy one."