Author Topic: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios - R1 + R2 Fin.  (Read 284045 times)

Offline schlep

Re: [GB] Canoe by Percent Studios
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 03:22:59 »
Thx for the link. Unfortunately, I dont speak/write Chinese or use QQ chat.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #401 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 03:29:42 »
Thx for the link. Unfortunately, I dont speak/write Chinese or use QQ chat.

Ohh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by the GB running from your country (Singapore vs China :p). I wish you luck in another GB running internationally, though I personally recommend that you ask a friend who can speak Chinese to work with you to purchase and forward a Chinese GB unit to you, after having to wait 6 months for the international GB one.

Offline ferviditypow

« Reply #402 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 22:16:26 »
So beautiful!!!  Thanks to beamingrobot

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 HTC_M10h 發送

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #403 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 23:39:26 »
So beautiful!!!  Thanks to beamingrobot
Show Image

That grey/black combo is so beautiful...

Offline ferviditypow

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 01:02:20 »
Perfect

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #405 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 07:58:31 »
Wow, those builds are amazingly nice. Can't wait for the next round! I hope other colors would be available too :thumb:

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 10:32:15 »
Perfect
Show Image
Show Image

Combo radiates high energy, very sexy. Though I don't recall the Hammer novelties as part of the groupbuy on Massdrop along with the spacebar, mind sharing where they came from? Thanks.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #407 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 11:47:28 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 05:31:06 by Poesjuh »

Offline giangpn

I see dead people.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #409 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 17:57:55 »
Love the Canoe. I guess I had different idea on what the MAO White should look like. I would call it MAO Grey :/

Offline poolside

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 18:53:28 »
Love the Canoe. I guess I had different idea on what the MAO White should look like. I would call it MAO Grey :/
Show Image

This pic is missing a 268!

Offline Choobies

« Reply #411 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 07:44:34 »
I searched the pages of this thread but couldn't find info about this-  what degree incline does the Canoe have?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #412 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 08:50:14 »
I searched the pages of this thread but couldn't find info about this-  what degree incline does the Canoe have?

I think a 3% ? Dunno, don't have the numbers, but it's not a really steep incline.

Offline sroop

« Reply #413 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 09:02:32 »
Got my shipping invoice & paid. Should we expect these to go out next week?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 09:06:27 »
Shipping invoices are going out at the moment, all shipments will go out on Mon/Tues.

For those who ordered with an addon kit you'll have to wait, but I'm happy that we're finally getting closer to finishing this GB :D

edit: We're gonna stop at these invoices for now and head to bed, the rest will follow during the weekend :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 May 2018, 10:01:21 by beamingrobot »
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline typischt

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 09:15:25 »
Show Image

Nice, this looks amazing! Good job! What switches did you put in?

Received mine as well a few days ago and had the same reaction: Why is it called mao white? ;)
I haven‘t built mine yet but I still really like it so far despite me not realizing what color the MAO really was going to be! :) Super excited to get this built!

By the way: Thanks beaming for all your work and making this GB happen! Even though there were some delays (which you most certainly couldn‘t control), the GB was really smooth, especially because I felt that you always let us know all the important updates! Plus you were super friendly and helpful!

Offline breckstar

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 09:33:32 »
Show Image

Received mine as well a few days ago and had the same reaction: Why is it called mao white? ;)
I haven‘t built mine yet but I still really like it so far despite me not realizing what color the MAO really was going to be! :) Super excited to get this built!

By the way: Thanks beaming for all your work and making this GB happen! Even though there were some delays (which you most certainly couldn‘t control), the GB was really smooth, especially because I felt that you always let us know all the important updates! Plus you were super friendly and helpful!
78g zealios with the new spring design (R9+)

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #417 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 10:41:30 »
Hey beamingrobot, I Pmd on slack about changing shipping address.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 15:42:55 »
Anyone know of a readily available pcb that would also work for this case? Or even one that just need some minor modification?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #419 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 16:25:23 »
Anyone know of a readily available pcb that would also work for this case? Or even one that just need some minor modification?

You're not going to find one that will work b/c of the way the top is extended.  You could use b.mini from Winkeyless, the Sentraq 65% or a Tada68.  Both the tada65 and sentraq have in-switch leds positioned on the top causing issues with cherry profile caps).  You would have to connect the usb inside of the case (not sure if there is room for the connector though) and run it out the back.  This means you would have to disassemble to remove/attach the USB cable in the future.  Also you wouldn't have the top right led, but that's probably not a big deal.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #420 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 16:31:36 »

Curious why you are asking.  Are you having trouble with your PCB or just looking to pick one up?  I ask b/c my canoe PCB was pretty much DOA but I managed to fix it by reflowing the MCU pins.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #421 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 17:18:16 »

Curious why you are asking.  Are you having trouble with your PCB or just looking to pick one up?  I ask b/c my canoe PCB was pretty much DOA but I managed to fix it by reflowing the MCU pins.

No, no problem as yet, just anticipating options once I have it in hand. As I took over someone's spot I didn't get a chance to order a spare pcb/plate.

There are a few switches I would like to try, namely the new royals from Noveltykeyz, or a lighter zealios variant, and I suspect I will butcher the pcb in the desoldering process. Thanks for the lead on the Sentraq and Tada

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 18:24:27 »

No, no problem as yet, just anticipating options once I have it in hand. As I took over someone's spot I didn't get a chance to order a spare pcb/plate.

There are a few switches I would like to try, namely the new royals from Noveltykeyz, or a lighter zealios variant, and I suspect I will butcher the pcb in the desoldering process. Thanks for the lead on the Sentraq and Tada

buy some cheap hotswap keyboard, it's cheaper  and m,ore available than an extra pcb/plate now

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 13:00:59 »
The silence is deafening. Are people not hyped for the incoming boards? =p. Thursday is going to be like xmas in May for me - haha.

Online Captain Shwah

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 14:03:06 »
The silence is deafening. Are people not hyped for the incoming boards? =p. Thursday is going to be like xmas in May for me - haha.

Same! Just in time for a 4 day weekend too  :)

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #425 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 14:08:40 »
Show Image

It's called MAO white because the target colour really is white lol.
Also, as you said, kudos to beamingrobot for the hard work, all we had to do was wait, while robot had to wait and deal with **** from us as well as percent. Thanks again, mate.

None readily available, might get one commissioned if the new pcb also ends up hot trash.

My hype and plans all died some time in the past 5 months  :p

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 00:56:41 »
Sundin and spiritjeon, please pay your shipping invoices. We've been waiting for a week.

With regards to PM etiquette, I would like to ask people to not PM me about the possibility of R2 and things like that as it clogs up my inbox, I have > 50 such messages at the moment -.-
Also, if you're part of the buy, please allow for time for me to respond. I generally try to reply within a few hours, but spamming multiple messages through Geekhack, Reddit and on my store does not help in any way. Generally this happens with people of a particular country :thinking:

For the remaining kits, we're waiting on Percent but I'm hopeful that it'll be soon, thanks for the remaining ones for your patience, I really can't thank you guys enough.

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 01:06:42 »
With regards to PM etiquette, I would like to ask people to not PM me about the possibility of R2 and things like that as it clogs up my inbox, I have > 50 such messages at the moment -.-

This run took >6 months and people want to trust Percent with their money again :))

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 01:09:05 »
I received an email from fedex with a tracking for a 1.7kg package from singapore. Is it it? I am also waiting for ca66 wich should ship soon and I don’t known which one it is

Offline sundin

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 02:07:28 »
Sundin and spiritjeon, please pay your shipping invoices. We've been waiting for a week.

Also, if you're part of the buy, please allow for time for me to respond. I generally try to reply within a few hours, but spamming multiple messages through Geekhack, Reddit and on my store does not help in any way. Generally this happens with people of a particular country :thinking:

For the remaining kits, we're waiting on Percent but I'm hopeful that it'll be soon, thanks for the remaining ones for your patience, I really can't thank you guys enough.
It’s already done but i have change my adress.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 03:04:10 »

It’s already done but i have change my adress.

Alright let me check and get back to you!

I received an email from fedex with a tracking for a 1.7kg package from singapore. Is it it? I am also waiting for ca66 wich should ship soon and I don’t known which one it is
Probably Canoe, Singapore != China / TW :P

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 10:24:29 »
Generally this happens with people of a particular country :thinking:

Oi what's that supposed to mean? CmonBruh

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #432 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 11:27:54 »
Generally this happens with people of a particular country :thinking:

Oi what's that supposed to mean? CmonBruh

Lol, got me wondering too!

Offline LiL_BrOwNiE247

« Reply #433 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:19:56 »

This run took >6 months and people want to trust Percent with their money again :))

Look on the bright side - now you can add 'short term loan service' to your resume  :D

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #434 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:29:58 »
Looked what showed up out of the blue today ~one day early. Thank you beamingrobot! Thanks to finalarcadia for letting me have his spot, much appreciated it =) and thanks to my fam...oh wait wrong show...

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #435 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 17:09:13 »
Looked what showed up out of the blue today ~one day early. Thank you beamingrobot! Thanks to finalarcadia for letting me have his spot, much appreciated it =) and thanks to my fam...oh wait wrong show...
Great to see everything arrived in order :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Singular

« Reply #436 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 22:16:48 »
Got my canoe today and I am already having pcb issues. My whole 1, q, a, z, lgui column of keys do not work at all. I tried re-flowing the solder around the atmel chip and the traces look fine, what else should I be trying to troubleshoot?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #437 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 04:19:41 »
Got my canoe today and I am already having pcb issues. My whole 1, q, a, z, lgui column of keys do not work at all. I tried re-flowing the solder around the atmel chip and the traces look fine, what else should I be trying to troubleshoot?

Are you using screw-in stab (like zeal one)? I had similar issues on EXENT and M65A PCBs with screw-in stabilizers. If you do, try to get the screw off, see if it fix, if yes insulate your PCB with some tap for example before putting back the screw. Globally this looks like a short somewhere

Offline foxlive

« Reply #438 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 04:21:37 »
Grrr... just check my FedEx tracking for the CANOE, and now it say
"Shipment exception      GUANGZHOU CN
Delay beyond our control"

:'(

Offline Singular

« Reply #439 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 12:18:46 »

Are you using screw-in stab (like zeal one)? I had similar issues on EXENT and M65A PCBs with screw-in stabilizers. If you do, try to get the screw off, see if it fix, if yes insulate your PCB with some tap for example before putting back the screw. Globally this looks like a short somewhere

I haven't soldering anything or put in stabs, I was just testing by shorting the pads

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #440 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 00:28:56 »
Unfortunate to say, my Canoe arrived with a dead PCB. Bootmapper won't talk to it, and the left 3 columns do not work. I will try to use an ISP to reflash it, but I don't have much hope.

The board also arrived with only 2 screws in the weight, partially screwed in. The other screws just bounced around inside. Some scoff marks on the top shell as well. Looks like my animosity wasn't unwarranted.

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #441 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 02:09:00 »
Mine came in perfectly, no problems. But I have to find rubber feet before using it though, mine didn't come with any.
b o a r d s

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #442 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 05:12:55 »
Mine came in perfectly, no problems. But I have to find rubber feet before using it though, mine didn't come with any.

Looking at my bad, I was generously given one  :))

For those interested in the level of QC a board you buy from Percent might get you, look no further:

sigh.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #443 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 06:06:06 »

Looking at my bad, I was generously given one  :))

For those interested in the level of QC a board you buy from Percent might get you, look no further:
Show Image

Show Image

sigh.

This is unacceptable ! I hope they will find a replacement solution for you!
Finger crossed that mine arrived in good shape

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #444 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 10:47:03 »
the anodization is faded on one spot on the bottom case. I don't know how qc let something this blatantly visible slide.

sincerely hoping that percent will do something to rectify the orders with problems like this.

Offline kristmascane

• emilia is trash
« Reply #445 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:44:58 »
F

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #446 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 13:08:01 »
Wait over 6 months for a board with a dead pcb and ano flaws. Sounds like a percent board to me.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #447 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 15:13:25 »
Unfortunate to say, my Canoe arrived with a dead PCB. Bootmapper won't talk to it, and the left 3 columns do not work. I will try to use an ISP to reflash it, but I don't have much hope.

The board also arrived with only 2 screws in the weight, partially screwed in. The other screws just bounced around inside. Some scoff marks on the top shell as well. Looks like my animosity wasn't unwarranted.

Fortunately my Canoe did arrive in working order, however I did have that screw issue. One screw was just strolling around in the case and the others were almost falling out as well. Just glad that it didn't damage the case, I know someone with a Moon that got damaged in shipping due to a loose screw :S

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #448 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 15:21:10 »

Mine arrived with 1/2 of the keys not working.  I put a lot of flux on the MCU pins and touched a chisel tip soldering iron to them (I usually keep my Hakko around 650).  Fixed everything.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #449 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 15:23:30 »

Had almost the exact same problem and reflowing worked for me.  I put a lot of flux on the pins and then stuck a chisel tip iron to it.  I put the tip almost straight down, spanning 2-4 pins at a time.