Author Topic: [IC] Aflion Melody Switch - Update In Progress  (Read 4945 times)

Offline PuNkShoO

• I make keyboard switches.
    • Check out my projects!
[IC] Aflion Melody Switch - Update In Progress
« on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 14:26:06 »
Updated IC Page

It's Friday night and the mood is bright as we head into the weekend. You slap on your finest swag and make a beeline to the local hangout spot in town with a pocket full of milk money  you saved this week for this very moment. What will it be? Do you hit the disco first? Maybe the arcade? Or perhaps you find yourself browsing the vinyls at the local record joint? Man, what a time to be alive!

Heya! It's me, PuNkShoO. Today I am bringing you the Synthetic Melody switch. As an enjoyer of all sorts of switches in this hobby I've been looking for a fun and different kind of tactile experience. After falling in love with the sounds of Matcha Lattes, Blueberry Chiffons and recently having the wonderful experience that is Tropical Waters, I just had to partner with Aflion to make something great. The Synthetic Melody pairs the classic PC top and nylon bottom of Aflion switch housing materials with the perfect leaf, stem, and spring combination that delivers a medium weighted typing experience with a smooth rounded tactile bump. Think Matcha Latte meets Neapolitan Ice Cream. If you're looking for a fun and mild tactile switch I implore you to check out these Synthetic Melody switches! (Also, the colorway is pretty dope.)

Switch Specs:

Long Pole Light Tactile
PC Top
Nylon Bottom
60g Dual-Stage Gold Plated Spring
Factory Hand Lubed
Expected Price: 60-65¢

Features a long-pole stem with a ~6.5g tactile drop and a 3.7mm bottom out.

Force Curve Below

Vendor List:

TBD

Interest Check Form

Poster and Renders

« Last Edit: Mon, 12 December 2022, 14:41:43 by PuNkShoO »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [IC] Aflion Synthetic Melody Switch
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 14:32:26 »
It's 💯 Friday 🎊😵 night 🏿🌌 and ⚔✝ the mood 😘 is 💯 bright as we 💣 head into the 🔊 weekend. You 💯👉 slap 💦 on 🔛 your 🚢 finest swag and ✋➕ make a 🦆🌼 beeline to ⚠ the 👏 local hangout spot 😂🐱 in town with 😂😅 a 🅰 pocket 👖 full 🚫 of 👏💥 milk 🍼 money you 😞👿 saved 😉 this 👹 week 📆 for 🏻 this 🏿 very moment. 🕞😳 What 😦😱 will 🏿 it 💯 be? 😐🏻 Do you 👏💯 hit the disco first? 😂 Maybe ❔ the 🏿 arcade? Or perhaps you 💯 find yourself ☝😎 browsing the 👉 vinyls at the 🐄 local 📰 record 🤑📼 joint? 🤔🤔 Man, 🥒 what 👏😦 a 🍑❔ time 😭🕦 to 💦💦 be 🐝 alive! 🥇 Heya! It's 😶 me, PuNkShoO. Today I 👨 am 🚫 bringing you 🏼 the ♀ Synthetic Melody switch. 🎚 As 🏃 an 😤 enjoyer of 😢💯 all 🌞🛑 sorts of 💦💦 switches in 🅰👏 this hobby I've been 📹 looking 👀🙃 for a 💰👨 fun and different kind 🙁 of 👉💦 tactile experience. After 😡 falling in love with 👩 the 🚑 sounds 👌 of Matcha Lattes, Blueberry Chiffons and recently 🕛 having 😋😋 the 🔪 wonderful 🌟 experience 😋 that is Tropical Waters, 🚿 I just 🏻 had 💦 to 💦 partner with Aflion to 🍆 make something 😅 great. The Synthetic Melody pairs the 💌😞 classic 👵🏙 PC top and 👏 nylon bottom of 💦 Aflion switch housing materials with 👏 the 🚽 perfect 👌 leaf, 🌿 stem, and 🏳😱 spring 🍃🌿 combination 🔃🔃 that 👋 delivers a medium weighted typing 👐👐 experience 💰 with 👏 a 💰 smooth ♀💆 rounded tactile bump. Think 🤔 Matcha Latte meets Neapolitan Ice Cream. 🍨🐄 If 🏼😤 you're 😘 looking 👀 for a 👌 fun 💃 and 💆 mild tactile switch 💑💑 I 👁👩 implore you 👈😫 to check ✔💸 out 🔮 these Synthetic Melody switches! (Also, ➕ the colorway is pretty 💆🏿 dope.) 💊

Offline chat and team

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 14:52:37 »
move along another post with pc top nylon bottom
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 15:06:37 »
isn't this just a Blueberry Chiffon recolor? PC top/nylon bottom/long pole light tactile/60g spring all checks out

also, how much pretravel is there before the tactile bump? got a force curve?

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 15:09:37 »
These switch names are getting out of hand

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 15:54:03 »
isn't this just a Blueberry Chiffon recolor? PC top/nylon bottom/long pole light tactile/60g spring all checks out

also, how much pretravel is there before the tactile bump? got a force curve?

Not exactly. While it uses similar components for the housing its a completely different stem and spring. It retains light tactility but more of a "panda-like" feel instead of the typical "shimmy" of a brown-style switch. Will provide a force curve once I have enough interest to actually get the switch produced. That is the point of an IC right?
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 August 2022, 21:40:37 by PuNkShoO »

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 15:55:24 »
move along another post with pc top nylon bottom

Normally I would be right there with you but having experienced Aflion's PC tops I have had my eyes opened. Not sure exactly what they're doing over there but these tops slap.

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 14 August 2022, 22:41:51 »
Hell yeah finally a light tactile. Count me interested  ;D
What's the travel distance?

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 August 2022, 11:21:21 »
Hell yeah finally a light tactile. Count me interested  ;D
What's the travel distance?

Looking to be roughly 3.8 standard long-pole behavior. Still working on the specifics and waiting for force curve details.

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 16:16:26 »
I am currently working with Aflion to acquire a force curve graph to better showcase the properties of the tactility. Thanks for your patience!

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 18:36:01 »
👀

Offline PuNkShoO

• Check out my projects!
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 00:47:41 »
Force curve has been added to the end of the renders. Thanks for your patience.