Author Topic: Svpp0rt EPIC ?  (Read 2398 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Svpp0rt EPIC ?
« on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 08:15:26 »
What says GH ?

Down with the GoogApple Duopoly ?

They charging too high a cut  (30%) from developers ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Svpp0rt EPIC ?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 09:01:04 »
Charging a percentage is the first mistake.

All things equal, it costs just as much to deliver a $700 app as it does a $1 app so why is one charged $0.30 while the other is charged $210.
This has been one of Adobe's complaints from the start and why some vendors charge a bare minimum just to stick it to them.

They need either a flat rate or tiered pricing based on app size, charging a percentage based on cost has no basis in actual costs incurred.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:48:21 »
I mean EPIC does need that percentage to pay their Chinese over-lords/Investors TenCent.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 15:07:08 »
This may be a critical pivot for developers.

Fortnite has the attention and support of an ENTIRE younger generation.

The poke plants a powerful message which resonates with the anti-establishment mentality of our times.

It's very easy for the young generation to adopt side loading, especially when a large corporation is behind it.

The payment infrastructure already exists, and anyone can buy in safely.  There's nothing that fundamentally ties people down.

Kids have ample free time to go through the small inconvenience of jailbreak/ side-loading.

And let's not forget,  Anti-Establishment is AS COOL if not COOLER today than it was when Apple upset microsoft.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 23:20:34 »
I don't expect Apple to cave over TenCent.
Maaaybe if there's enough backlash from others or it triggers a monopoly investigation but Apple is a Juggernaut, I'd expect Apple to be as willing to buy Tencent as it is to cave on this.

You have to understand, the app store is something like 50%-60% of Apple profit, and that is a LOT of money. What do you think will happen to their stock if they cave on this?
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 23:48:31 »
I don't expect Apple to cave over TenCent.
Maaaybe if there's enough backlash from others or it triggers a monopoly investigation but Apple is a Juggernaut, I'd expect Apple to be as willing to buy Tencent as it is to cave on this.

You have to understand, the app store is something like 50%-60% of Apple profit, and that is a LOT of money. What do you think will happen to their stock if they cave on this?

In today's market,  if Apple caves,  it will take the entire Nasdaq down 1000 points.

There would be riots, and American freedom will be reborn from the Ashes.

/ Sounds kinda good..

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 21:16:49 »
They did something wrong and expect people to support them

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 21:20:54 »
I can't understand how developers and end users can support a company that actively stunts the pc gaming industry buying out and violating contracts left right and center. THEY ACTIVELY THROW MONEY AT DEVS TO MAKE THEM VIOLATE CONTRACTS AND PEOPLE JUST LET IT HAPPEN! Anyone who's ok with their tactics is the same kinda person who doesn't wear a mask during a pandemic. "If it's not hurting me directly, **** it."

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 21:28:32 »
Epic is a joke of a company and I can't wait for them to burn themselves down to the ground. Timmy Tencent has overextended his reach with this one and it's going to put him in the ground, and I'm extremely excited to see it happen.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 21:44:23 »
What the two above me said.

While Epic may be doing something to fix a problem plaguing others, make no mistake this is all for their own gain. They're a horrible company.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 03:31:55 »
Epic is a joke of a company and I can't wait for them to burn themselves down to the ground. Timmy Tencent has overextended his reach with this one and it's going to put him in the ground, and I'm extremely excited to see it happen.
Beautiful. Totally agree.