Author Topic: PBT White/Beige set ROUND 4 ★★★ISO included★★★★ 133keys Accept order now  (Read 431553 times)

Offline Relaxbro

J or I definitely  :thumb:

Offline Villain

CCCCCCC

Offline gadzkun

J for Japanese :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

about hhkb side print in japanese.
i dont mind have more legend on japanese set.
but i think we should do a vote for side print on japanese too.

i really like crowded text its really "japanese" :p

Offline s3vv4

J looks best, B is close second

Not sure if you want suggestions, but I'm into purple, so this would be even nicer for me:

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
J is good. Both fonts are equally balanced so it is good!
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
Could we possibly have that red get a little bit more pink-leaning without going as far as the pink you have? I'd prefer a cooler red over a warm orange-y red, but I don't want straight pink.

I vote for C/D with less pink. Love the thin legends.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Regarding the Aurebesh and Klingon boards, what would people prefer, English + Aurebesh/Klingon like the Tengwar or something like in the OP?

Let's see both; I think that'll help us decide.
It's not like I have a wand, flick and boom mockup done :))

You don't?

Offline Villain

Moz, instead of voting for 1, can we have 3 really different ones to choose from to order?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Moz, instead of voting for 1, can we have 3 really different ones to choose from to order?

IMSTO would be the person to answer as I have no clue on the MOQ.

Offline nyunyu

He said earlier, that the MOQ is 10.

Offline wilarseny

Japanese Options

Show Image

Feedback welcome, in no way are these the only options.

I really hate to be a broken record, but any way we could do a similar vote for Arabic colors? Or is the black legends / blue sublegends pretty much set at this point?

Offline ViciousWhiskers

Isn't J the same Mincho font as before? I was hoping to avoid that...  :-[

I'm going to stay persistent in trying to replace the Mincho font, so I hope you guys don't hate me for that.
I currently prefer B over all the other choices since it looks similar to the (if not the same) font that Ivan used in his Japanese set. And evidently others also agree that Black Alphabet + Red Japanese looks nice.

However, might I suggest to all of you who prefer option J to replace the font with something else of similar thickness, without the "calligraphic" strokes to it? Because Mincho is a Serif type font family with all those tiny "strokes" at the ends, whereas Gothic is a Sans-serif type font family without all those tiny strokes.

Here is my mockup with Gothic fonts, and also showing what I mean by Mincho being a serif font (circled in blue are the "serif" strokes that make it look "calligraphic"):

Additionally, there's also the font used in the HHKB Pro 2 JP but I don't know what font face that is:
More

I myself, personally prefer Kozuka Gothic from the image I showed above, as it's a thick Gothic font with consistent stroke thickness.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for sounding selfish, but I really would prefer a Sans-serif Gothic font face for a keyboard as Mincho, in my opinion, really does look out of place in the sense that it has an appearance themed for slightly "calligraphic" printing or proper, professional publication purposes (something along those lines, if you catch my drift).
But, if in the end you guys still prefer Mincho font, then well... there's nothing I can really do about it and I guess I'll have to just suck it up since it's a vote afterall.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2016, 17:21:10 by ViciousWhiskers »
Knock Knock.
Race Condition.
Who's there?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:37:34 by alienman82 »

Offline dyrdevil

Karura, appreciate the constructive criticism. I'm not messing with the what isn't broken, but just trying to improve on them and provide something people can see before ordering, which was lacking up until now.

The side-printed legends were for our HHKB layout using brethren, however it doesn't seem like most people want it. Understood and changed in the layouts. Only key I've left it on is the mod-colored 1.5 pipe key, as that isn't part of the OG design in any case and makes sense to have it for those using 1.5U backspace such as in HHKB, TrueFox layouts. However still if members feel strongly against it, I'll remove it.

Regarding the win key, I don't think there is every going to be a consensus on it. I've tried to implement a half-way solution for those not liking the colorful win98 logo and those liking the more neutral win8 logo.

About the AltGr, I have left it for now as I think we should think about those using the sets on ISO or other language boards. I understand the language specific legends are missing. Again, if members feel strongly against it, I can remove it from the non-EU boards.

I've fixed the 0 key in the example mockup below along with the other things mentioned above.

Show Image

+1 here for HHKB legends.  It's really the only reason I'm currently interested in this buy - I love the pbt on my hhkb and want a high-quality mx alternative to mod the board with!  I'd also be willing to pay more for custom keys, and maybe that's a better option if it's made clear it's possible.

Thanks for all your work Moz!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Is it me or is there no option to order the regular black print?

Offline infodroid

I agree sans-serif is a better font family for the Japanese set. Kozuka Gothic looks pretty cool.

Offline beltet

Please leave the HHKB sideprints, at least on the dark colored ones. This was also one of the main reasons I ordered this kit.

Offline joostflux

• Cars, computers, anime, and keyboards
I must be in the serious minority. I was a big fan of either A or I.

Endgame? There is no endgame.

Offline ViciousWhiskers

You're not that far off alone. The only difference is the colour swap between the alphabet and Japanese characters.

But I'd still like people's opinions on Serif vs Sans-Serif for the Japanese set?
Knock Knock.
Race Condition.
Who's there?

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter

You're not that far off alone. The only difference is the colour swap between the alphabet and Japanese characters.

But I'd still like people's opinions on Serif vs Sans-Serif for the Japanese set?

I'm full on sans-serif. In my opinion the brush stroke font looks very kitschy. It really doesn't belong on something digital like a computer keyboard (which you also talked about).

Offline rarely_upset

I'm partial to D. J looks like at a glance but I see myself questioning the font after a few weeks.

Offline rddm

no portuguese set in the store yet :/

Offline KnivesM

G/H or I/J
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline endeavour90

I do not mind the font type for japanese set, as long as the colour is bright red rather than magenta / pinkish.

Offline gadzkun

i was voted J for japanese set at first but when i read ViciousWhiskers post
i must agreed with ViciousWhiskers most of the part.
the inconsistent thin lines in mincho i think would not look good in the caps.
it would look really really thin and would not be seen in the tiny keycaps.
now i really like this japanese set

it just like MOZ E & F japanese mockup, but deym i really dont like MAGENTA / PINKISH colour!

RED FTW!
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2016, 22:25:34 by gadzkun »

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
Has IMSTO agreed to changing any of these? As is it's pretty hectic to  make so many dyesub sets.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Has IMSTO agreed to changing any of these? As is it's pretty hectic to  make so many dyesub sets.

+1 We need to know what is the actual agreement. I feel that a lot of people are confused as to what's going on.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

+1 We need to know what is the actual agreement. I feel that a lot of people are confused as to what's going on.

Yeah, I'm really confused as to what's going on.
Has imsto hired you on to create mock-ups of what the sets will look like? Sorry if that already has been addressed; I probably just missed it.

Right now it seems to me that you and imsto are in some agreement where you'll do the mock-ups based on feedback and the end results are what imsto will dyesub.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious

Has imsto hired you on to create mock-ups of what the sets will look like? Sorry if that already has been addressed; I probably just missed it.

Right now it seems to me that you and imsto are in some agreement where you'll do the mock-ups based on feedback and the end results are what imsto will dyesub.

Heres what MOZ said a few pages back, hope this helps...  :)

Just to clarify, I'm not just creating reference mockups, but hopefully what should be the final sets. I have been in correspondence with IMSTO about this. His previous sets were more or less designed by Ivan, who did a great job no doubt. So this is one aspect he needs assistance with.

Regarding the final keycaps on offer, I have sent him IMSTO a message, but communication isn't his strongest suite :P, still waiting to hear from him.

I think it might best to go with classic Win 98 logo on the Desko, basic Cherry legends only dyesubs and some others such as the Arabic and Miami. For some sets, such as the Hangul, Japanese, the win key is quite elegant so I'll leave it. Thoughts?

Also +1 Kozuka Gothic :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Heres what MOZ said a few pages back, hope this helps...  :)

Just to clarify, I'm not just creating reference mockups, but hopefully what should be the final sets. I have been in correspondence with IMSTO about this. His previous sets were more or less designed by Ivan, who did a great job no doubt. So this is one aspect he needs assistance with.

Regarding the final keycaps on offer, I have sent him IMSTO a message, but communication isn't his strongest suite :P, still waiting to hear from him.

I think it might best to go with classic Win 98 logo on the Desko, basic Cherry legends only dyesubs and some others such as the Arabic and Miami. For some sets, such as the Hangul, Japanese, the win key is quite elegant so I'll leave it. Thoughts?

Also +1 Kozuka Gothic :thumb:

Show Image

That answers a lot! Thanks!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
As FoC_Tow said, I'm sort of a liaison on this. I'll be getting feedback and making the mockups and then once the sets for production are finalized work on the precise placement, weight, etc.

The decision on what he offers in the end resides with him, he has however said in mail as well as the OP, that he is open to making changes to existing sets to refine them.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff

Cherry Black:
More
Show Image

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy

Cherry Black:
More
Show Image
It's not on imstos storefront

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Regarding the Japanese set, I think it might best to have two sets if possible:
1. Red-Pink Segoe UI R English -- Black Kozuka Gothic PR6N R Hiragana
2. Black Cherry English -- Red Epson Micho Bold

Again, the decision to have one or two, or whatever resides with IMSTO.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 03:01:24 by MOZ »

Offline gadzkun

please imsto make this
now im really like this japanese set

if this japanese run i will take 2 set i promise :-*

Offline s3vv4

please imsto make this

Show Image

I voted J earlier, but this seems to be the superior choice now to me too, please make it happen!

Offline gadzkun

please imsto make this

Show Image

I voted J earlier, but this seems to be the superior choice now to me too, please make it happen!

OK now we need 10 ppl to get this passed MOQ.

please make it happen IMSTO

Offline ipreferpie

please imsto make this

Show Image

+1 I should be down for this one too then. Any chance to make side prints for HHKB layout compatible though? ;)

Offline Janzzze

Rally like the look of this set. MOZ is doing gods work trying to please everyone.

About side printing I would personally prefer them leftout for a set going for such a classic and authentic look. A child deal with hhkb legends would be my prefered solution but I understand those who would disagree with me on this.

Dark 1.5 pipekey on ISO sets also makes sense to even make a real hhkb backspace since these sets don't even use this key normally and we still have the other one still.

If side print on capslock and control stays a child deal with non side printed plus pure hhkb legend keys for the purists like me out there may be a solution worth considering.

The non colored win key is definitely a improvement but the old style ugly menu key sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of this beautiful set.

Anyway it goes I will be ordering at the very least one Swedish set and maybe a Japanese or Hangul one while at it  :thumb:

Offline gadzkun

Show Image

ok im in for two set japanese but can we get all a red ones instead a pink :(

please imsto make this

Show Image

+1 I should be down for this one too then. Any chance to make side prints for HHKB layout compatible though? ;)

i dont mind att all about side print,
but we should ask all who want to buy japanese set should we go with side print hhkb or not.
im not a hhkb user but im actually love see more crowded text on japanese set. xD
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 04:38:17 by gadzkun »

Offline geniekid

I feel uncomfortable buying into this GB with IMSTO's silence over the last few weeks.

EDIT:  Not that he won't deliver.  I have no idea what keys to expect in the final product.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 09:00:50 by geniekid »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Here are the Aurebesh options, I've only done the 60% cluster for now for comparison.

Aurebesh and matching style English legends:

Only Aurebesh:

Aurebesh with Cherry legends:

The one with the Cherry legends is my least favorite as the two legends are very contrasting. The one with the matching style English legends looks best IMO.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Here are the Aurebesh options, I've only done the 60% cluster for now for comparison.

Aurebesh and matching style English legends:
Show Image

Only Aurebesh:
Show Image

Aurebesh with Cherry legends:
Show Image

The one with the Cherry legends is my least favorite as the two legends are very contrasting. The one with the matching style English legends looks best IMO.

Top or bottom for me; can't decide. I feel like the top more so because it matches the otherworldliness, and I love the orange.

Offline Villain

Show Image

I really like the reddish pink!

Offline joostflux

• Cars, computers, anime, and keyboards
please imsto make this

Show Image

Yup, agreed. Want this one. I'm in for at least one set maybe two if my wallet allows.

Now I wonder what I have already purchased on the website when I paid for Japanese haha.

Endgame? There is no endgame.

Offline vafan

No one like Ancient Egyptian set? I ordered 1 and I really want to know how it looks like

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
No one like Ancient Egyptian set? I ordered 1 and I really want to know how it looks like

I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting for imsto to send me the source of the glyphs.

Offline ViciousWhiskers

Hi MOZ,

Do you think its possible to notify IMSTO to create a Kozuka Gothic Pr6N BOLD set instead of the Pr6N REGULAR?

I think the current crowd favourite is this. J-styled keyset with Cherry font and thick Kozuka Gothic. Essentially the same colours and style as the Mincho set (Black alphabet, Red Japanese), but just simply replacing the Japanese font face with a thick, Gothic style font. The thick Cherry font goes pretty well with the thick Kozuka Gothic BOLD.

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 12:31:53 by ViciousWhiskers »
Knock Knock.
Race Condition.
Who's there?

Offline gadzkun

please imsto make this

Show Image

Yup, agreed. Want this one. I'm in for at least one set maybe two if my wallet allows.

Now I wonder what I have already purchased on the website when I paid for Japanese haha.

so do i. i think what we ordered now is ivan japanese set.
order should closed at 15 april.
i check it everyday to make sure im not miss a new japanese set, if imsto make it happen :rolleyes:.
so the question is will it come or not? it just 9 days to go. :p

Hi MOZ,

Do you think its possible to notify IMSTO to create a Kozuka Gothic Pr6N BOLD set instead of the Pr6N REGULAR?

I think the current crowd favourite is this. J-styled keyset with Cherry font and thick Kozuka Gothic. Essentially the same colours and style as the Mincho set (Black alphabet, Red Japanese), but just simply replacing the Japanese font face with a thick, Gothic style font. The thick Cherry font goes pretty well with the thick Kozuka Gothic BOLD.

Show Image

+1 YES PLEASE! :-[ :thumb:

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Hi MOZ,

Show Image

Already did mockups, with this one :D. Will post soon