Author Topic: PBT White/Beige set ROUND 4 ★★★ISO included★★★★ 133keys Accept order now  (Read 431595 times)

Offline ViciousWhiskers

Aight thanks! Great, can't wait to see it.
Just one question though, if there is going to be two different sets for the Japanese set, then for those who've already ordered from IMSTO how do we pick which one we want?
To be fair, if we can get everyone on board for just a single set it'd be easier to handle this :P
Knock Knock.
Race Condition.
Who's there?

Offline WNovizar

I want to buy that gothic font japanese keyset, please let it happen :p
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Hello friends,

I have confirmation that MOZ's mockups are not representative of what IMSTO is putting out, so we can all rest assured knowing that IMSTO will be dyesubing using his own legends for the most part, and not, I repeat, not the mockups that MOZ has been posting.

I assume MOZ's affiliation with IMSTO is very strictly limited to the legends that IMSTO does not currently have, such as the Arabic ones, but for the rest of us, we can rest assured knowing that we will be receiving the original, untampered-with legends, including the Japanese set.

I am happy to clear up this confusion, as I've spoken with quite a few people who also had the same concerns as well, and found it odd as to why a person unaffiliated with IMSTO was acting on his behalf and directing the legend designs for this GB. Rest assured my friends, we'll be getting the good stuff, and only the good stuff. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 22:25:01 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline redskull

Hello friends,

I have confirmation that MOZ's mockups are not representative of what IMSTO is putting out, so we can all rest assured that we will see IMSTO dyesub using his own legends for the most part, and not, I repeat, not the mockups that MOZ has been posting.

I assume MOZ's affiliation with IMSTO is limited to the legends he does not currently have, such as the Arabic ones, but for the rest of us, we can rest assured knowing that we'll receive the original-untampered legends, including the Japanese set.

I am happy to be able to clear up this confusion, as I've spoken with a lot of people who also had the same concerns as well, since it was confusing as to why a person unaffiliated with IMSTO was acting on his behalf and directing the legend designs. Rest assured my friends, we'll be getting the good stuff. :thumb:

did you talk to imsto himself? if you get in touch with him again, please remind him to properly arrange the mockups and options on his website.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Hello friends,

I have confirmation that MOZ's mockups are not representative of what IMSTO is putting out, so we can all rest assured that we will see IMSTO dyesub using his own legends for the most part, and not, I repeat, not the mockups that MOZ has been posting.

I assume MOZ's affiliation with IMSTO is limited to the legends he does not currently have, such as the Arabic ones, but for the rest of us, we can rest assured knowing that we'll receive the original-untampered legends, including the Japanese set.

I am happy to be able to clear up this confusion, as I've spoken with a lot of people who also had the same concerns as well, since it was confusing as to why a person unaffiliated with IMSTO was acting on his behalf and directing the legend designs. Rest assured my friends, we'll be getting the good stuff. :thumb:

did you talk to imsto himself? if you get in touch with him again, please remind him to properly arrange the mockups and options on his website.

Yes I managed to speak with IMSTO, but it usually requires quite some time before he replies you. Feel free to message him yourself, and he will get back to you. I'm not affiliated with this GB, just planning to participate myself, so I went ahead and contacted him the same way I just described.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 22:13:49 by Karura »

Offline redskull

Hello friends,

Yes I managed to speak with IMSTO, but it usually requires quite some time before he replies you. Feel free to message him yourself, and he will get back to you. I'm not affiliated with this GB, just planning to participate myself, so I went ahead and contacted him the same way I just described.

yes, been emailing him a few times and waiting his latest reply since last week.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Karura, you're message implies that I've taken this in the wrong direction. I've only done everything that has been suggested. This is quite insulting.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Karura, you're message implies that I've taken this in the wrong direction. I've only done everything that has been suggested. This is quite insulting.

I'm not sure why you would feel insulted, as I'm merely passing on the confirmation from IMSTO.

There's a large amount of people who have repeatedly requested IMSTO to confirm whether or not your mockups will be used for the final production sets, as you have to realize, there is a lot of money going into these purchases, and you can't expect people to buy something without knowing 100% what they're paying for, would you not agree?

Neither IMSTO or you have given a 100% confirmation, so I have gone ahead and done everyone a favour by communicating and getting an answer directly from the man (IMSTO). :thumb:

I feel that you've got a great design sense and your skills would be well-suited for your own group buys. I can see that you've got tons of ideas and people that appreciate it. That being said, I don't think this is the right platform for it, and you should know better than to be insulted by our difference in opinions, as I was merely passing on the word from IMSTO.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2016, 01:06:13 by Karura »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
I don't want to share my email history with imsto, but my communication has been quite the contradictory. Maybe it is a language issue.

He has said, he'd like to keep the numbers of sets to a manageable size, which I have iterated since day 1, not all sets will be produced, this is just for reference.

Second, he'd like to keep the colors and font the same, he has said he should have communicated about this to me earlier, and I'll keep that in mind moving forward. He has said that improvements are welcome, such as the Japanese set missing legends on Numpad and keys to be useable as a Japanese set.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
I don't want to share my email history with imsto, but my communication has been quite the contradictory. Maybe it is a language issue.

He has said, he'd like to keep the numbers of sets to a manageable size, which I have iterated since day 1, not all sets will be produced, this is just for reference.

Second, he'd like to keep the colors and font the same, he has said he should have communicated about this to me earlier, and I'll keep that in mind moving forward. He has said that improvements are welcome, such as the Japanese set missing legends on Numpad and keys to be useable as a Japanese set.

Once again, you are confusing the participants in this GB if you continue to state that your mockups are representative of the final products. I personally love seeing your mockups, as I find them to be of high quality, but once again, IMSTO confirmed that it will not be used for dyesubbing his keysets in his GB.

I'm not sure what is confusing about my original post. IMSTO confirmed with me that he will be using his own dyesub legends for this GB, and I just wanted to make it clear to the participants that it will be a IMSTO GB and not a MOZ GB.

Now that people are sure of what the final keysets will look like, I'm sure a lot of them will be more comfortable in placing an order. :thumb:

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Please, it was never a MOZ GB. Anyways, let's not derail this thread anymore. Imsto can post the final decision himself, he is more than capable.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
[...] IMSTO confirmed with me that he will be using his own dyesub legends for this GB [...]

this is very good news for me, since i had already placed and paid for an order earlier on for what i expected to be a re-release of previous IMSTO/Ivan PBT key sets that i had missed out on from the previous round.  seeing this thread revert to an interest check thread when orders were already placed was quite disconcerting and confusing.

the problem with updating keyset designs is that nearly every change is very subjective.  everyone has differing opinions on legends in terms of content, text vs symbols, fonts, etc, win keys, colors, etc etc, so any changes besides fixing very obvious errors are going to make some people happy and others unhappy.

maybe someone should make a separate IC thread for any new keyset designs?  hash it out there, and then propose any new designs to IMSTO to see whether he is interested in producing them.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline ViciousWhiskers

So, obviously this is IMSTO's groupbuy, but I'm slightly confused right now.

IMSTO does all the dyesubbing himself, but what would be the effect of MOZ sending the mockups he made to IMSTO?

Is IMSTO or is IMSTO not producing sets based on MOZ's legend mockups? It would clearly be different from the dyesubs that he has ran before in Ivan's group buy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2016, 01:26:21 by ViciousWhiskers »
Knock Knock.
Race Condition.
Who's there?

Offline gadzkun

wise choice is to wait until 14 april (before the order closed).
me personally, already order the set cause i like ivan japanese set from the start (even with missing numpad legend text).
if there's someone want to improve the set, i always know that was for the best so im okay with it.
beside the final choice is still in IMSTO hand you guys like it or not, it just like you guys said its IMSTO GB!

we can do all we like but in the end IMSTO who decide it.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
I'm slightly confused right now.

Right, I was also very confused, so I messaged IMSTO to confirm.

This GB will be the 4th Round of IMSTO PBT dyesubs. What that means is that while the previous 3 rounds were hosted in conjunction with Ivan, Ivan is no longer with us, so IMSTO will continue to produce these keysets as well as run the GB via his webstore.

All the keysets will look like the legends on the keysets he has been producing for the past 3 rounds. Since there are new layouts such as Red Desko, IMSTO is still going to be using his own legends to create the layout and dyesub, so we have a pretty clear idea as to what we're getting by looking at the sets he's already produced in the past.

we can do all we like but in the end IMSTO who decide it.

For sure, I wanted IMSTO to confirm for me if he was going to be using MOZ's legend mockups, since I wanted to place an order. He has already decided that this GB will be using his own dyesub legends to me over email, so I posted in this thread to notify everyone.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2016, 01:44:41 by Karura »

Offline VERGiL

I also got in touch with imsto himself.
Thats what he said:
moz is helping me to make the mockup but not the final ones...

Offline Pieminister

Hello guys!

I was wondering if you guys have a picture of IMSTO's previous DESKO sets because I am not sure what the keyset looks like, but I am interested

Offline dyrdevil

Please, it was never a MOZ GB. Anyways, let's not derail this thread anymore. Imsto can post the final decision himself, he is more than capable.

Moz, without commenting on the circumstances I just wanted to say I really appreciated your mockups as they gave me a much better idea of the possibilities for this buy, regardless of the end result.  thanks!

Offline redskull

MOZ, can we continue in e-mail? i have some other things to ask you about. :D

Offline jaesen

• holy ****, this hobby is expensive
Hello friends,

I have confirmation that MOZ's mockups are not representative of what IMSTO is putting out, so we can all rest assured knowing that IMSTO will be dyesubing using his own legends for the most part, and not, I repeat, not the mockups that MOZ has been posting.

I assume MOZ's affiliation with IMSTO is very strictly limited to the legends that IMSTO does not currently have, such as the Arabic ones, but for the rest of us, we can rest assured knowing that we will be receiving the original, untampered-with legends, including the Japanese set.

I am happy to clear up this confusion, as I've spoken with quite a few people who also had the same concerns as well, and found it odd as to why a person unaffiliated with IMSTO was acting on his behalf and directing the legend designs for this GB. Rest assured my friends, we'll be getting the good stuff, and only the good stuff. :thumb:
Hey, thanks for this post - great detail regarding the situation.

I'm new to imsto's GBs so I'm not sure exactly how they work but based off your wording, specifically the "original, untampered-with legends, including the Japanese set", can I assume that the Japanese and Cherry-style Hangul will look like the ones on the front page? And would you happen to know the difference between Hangul and Cherry-style Hangul? Sorry if the answer to these questions are out of your scope of knowledge but you seem to be person with the most intel :P

Thanks in advance!
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Wishlist: Constellation

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
we can rest assured knowing that we will be receiving the original, untampered-with legends, including the Japanese set.
But.. What are those "original" legends? He hasn't presented mockups/pictures for a bunch of the proposed layouts.

The issue here is not that MOZ has been confusing people; it's that people were already confused to begin with, as IMSTO has done a piss-poor job of showing us what the products will actually be. That's why I haven't placed an order.

---

Opinion and nothing more :

MOZ's mockups are superb. I wish that IMSTO would move forward with those and those alone. They are extremely well thought out, and while they may compromise in some areas to offer more layout support, they are certainly "the good stuff" in my opinion.

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2016, 08:48:53 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
we can rest assured knowing that we will be receiving the original, untampered-with legends, including the Japanese set.
But.. What are those "original" legends? He hasn't presented mockups/pictures for a bunch of the proposed layouts.

The issue here is not that MOZ has been confusing people; it's that people were already confused to begin with, as IMSTO has done a piss-poor job of showing us what the products will actually be. That's why I haven't placed an order.

---

Opinion and nothing more :

MOZ's mockups are superb. I wish that IMSTO would move forward with those and those alone. They are extremely well thought out, and while they may compromise in some areas to offer more layout support, they are certainly "the good stuff" in my opinion.

MOZ's layouts are what I hope imsto will use. I haven't ordered yet either as I have no idea what I'm ordering since imsto hasn't really said much.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
I don't want to start a fight. imsto has told me via mail that although he appreciates the modifications to the designs, he wants to keep things as similar to the OP as possible. This is because people have placed orders on the website, based on those, and doesn't wish to confuse them by changing the design now. He might do another run in the future, with proposed designs.

By keeping things same as OP, he means, same colors and same fonts. Small corrections like the arrows on the numpad in the Japanese set or addition of the missing legends can be incorporated for this round.

Regarding the exact keys on offer, I'm still talking to him about that. I won't post any more updates until I've got complete clarification from imsto about what is on offer.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
I don't want to start a fight. imsto has told me via mail that although he appreciates the modifications to the designs, he wants to keep things as similar to the OP as possible. This is because people have placed orders on the website, based on those, and doesn't wish to confuse them by changing the design now. He might do another run in the future, with proposed designs.

By keeping things same as OP, he means, same colors and same fonts. Small corrections like the arrows on the numpad in the Japanese set or addition of the missing legends can be incorporated for this round.

Regarding the exact keys on offer, I'm still talking to him about that. I won't post any more updates until I've got complete clarification from imsto about what is on offer.

What about Aurebesh? That's the set I want most. Since that's not available yet will it incorporate your alterations?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
There's been little feedback (Only you) on the colors and layout

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

This is the one I've grown to like most:

133523-0

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.

I just want to say that I appreciate the confirmation as I understand that you've put a lot of work into the mockups, and it really shows.

I hope there wasn't any misunderstanding regarding my intentions to find out what would be offered in the end, and hope to see more of your mockups in the future, whether it is in a different IC or GB, as I also feel the same as Photek that they're of very high quality.

Cheers :thumb:

Offline gadzkun

really? will the numpad in jap set corrected? YAYYYYY~ 
TY MOZ :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline tuco

I ended up ordering Japanese, Ural and Cherry Style Hangul. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Offline kaeeeede

And would you happen to know the difference between Hangul and Cherry-style Hangul? Sorry if the answer to these questions are out of your scope of knowledge but you seem to be person with the most intel :P

Thanks in advance!

FoC_Tow posted this a few pages back, and to my understanding this seems to be what the difference between Hangul and Cherry Hangul will be. Hangul should be the mockup in the OP.

Didn't realize cherry style might refer to legends altho it was kinda obvious for most I guess...

So Hangul might refer to the one shown in the op which looks an awful lost like this to me:
(picture taken from md)

Show Image

And I imagine the Cherry style Hangul might look the same or similar to this picture by Pemdas of Imsto Hangul dysubs from an earlier round.
(mods are bluegaloo and cmyk)

Show Image

Offline Rarabka233

This is the one I've grown to like most:

(Attachment Link)

I really like this one as well, if it gets chosen I'll definitely order a set or two.

Offline redskull

so, guys, how many of you buying the Ancient Egyptian set?

Offline lolpes

I am, but I will change to Arabic as soon as it is offered

Offline redskull

i have a hunch that the egyptian will look good. i might pull the trigger on that one.

Offline Antacs

I'm a little confused, is there no black legend English option available?  Also, I'm thinking of getting the German set as a gift for a friend, is this it?

http://imsto.cn/image/cache/data/round4/1-500x500.jpg

Offline lolpes

i have a hunch that the egyptian will look good. i might pull the trigger on that one.

It probably will, the mockup looks nice, but if the Arabic is offered then its end game territory for me xD

Offline redskull

It probably will, the mockup looks nice, but if the Arabic is offered then its end game territory for me xD

end game would be arabic bsp. guess imsto's saving all the good layouts for bsp later. this round there's no peacock, no hebrew.

Offline lolpes

bsp limits the layout choices greatly, and my end game is not compatible with their layout xD or else I would agree with you on that :p

Offline Jumie

what is cherry hangul style looks like?

Offline VERGiL

I'm a little confused, is there no black legend English option available?  Also, I'm thinking of getting the German set as a gift for a friend, is this it?

German ist just like the normal black print english layout with QWERTZ. I dont see an option for black english either, tough.

Offline redskull

bsp limits the layout choices greatly, and my end game is not compatible with their layout xD or else I would agree with you on that :p

seems like MOZ have gone quiet. next week is the deadline and no updates yet on the arabic.  :-X

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff

seems like MOZ have gone quiet. next week is the deadline and no updates yet on the arabic.  :-X

Sorry I've been real busy with work lately, I'll try and get to it on the weekend. I haven't heard much from imsto on the queries I had regarding the final keys on offer.

Offline redskull

Sorry I've been real busy with work lately, I'll try and get to it on the weekend. I haven't heard much from imsto on the queries I had regarding the final keys on offer.

good to know MOZ!

Offline Antacs

German ist just like the normal black print english layout with QWERTZ. I dont see an option for black english either, tough.

Thanks!  I really wish the photos were better organized.

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
$75 for a green hebrew set and I'd be all over this  :(

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Anyone in recent contact with imsto?
If so, can you help inquire how long or at least a rough ETA?
Not sure which address should I use and it depends on his timeframe.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline VERGiL

Just use the contact form on his website. He replied me in just one day.

Offline AgentZen

Would love to see purple dyesubs. Just sayin.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 April 2016, 12:09:17 by AgentZen »
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Just use the contact form on his website. He replied me in just one day.

Thanks for the heads-up, just sent him an email :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline BiNiaRiS

So I still don't know what is what and this has like 5 days left to order? The last few pages has people talking about MOZ's mockups not being used and imsto will be using the Ivan fonts. But imsto responded in this thread to me a few weeks saying he WON'T be using Ivan's and will be using his Cherry font which is much closer to the original Cherry layout than Ivan's.

A group buy of this size shouldn't be this confusing 5 days before it ends. He should have refunded everyone awhile ago and started fresh. Even as of now there's only been 70 sets sold. I'm sure there'd be a lot more if we knew what was going on. I'm not comfortable ordering until I see exactly what is going to be printed.
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)