Author Topic: (question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline ljfkidd

(question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?
« on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:21:38 »
I have a project for my computer science lab where we have to create an embedded device, i am wondering if there is a mechanical keyboard where i could fit in a raspberry pi and some outputs for it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 16:23:21 by ljfkidd »

Offline Doesntknowwhattosay

Re: (question) Keyboard with lots of modding space?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:02:15 »
A model m or nearly every old full size keyboard, because they tend to have big and clumsy cases.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:35:04 »
A Dell AT101 is a decent keyboard that can be found free or cheap easily enough. It has a good bit of room inside.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:39:13 »
I planned to do exactly that a long time ago. Board of choice? Model F or M-122. More than plenty of room

Never came into fruition, partly because I'm too lazy to buy a rasberry pi (even though I bought a usb hub with a power source for it) and also I don't have proper tools to cut up a case.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 19:17:55 »
and also I don't have proper tools to cut up a case.

This is probably low quality, but you could do a lot of stuff with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160902602290?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ljfkidd

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 04:56:53 »
ok, thanks everybody