Author Topic: Recommendations on a wireless full-size  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Demonseed Elite

Recommendations on a wireless full-size
« on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 11:49:30 »
I'm looking around for an ideal keyboard for me.

Wireless is a must, and full-size is highly desired.  "Larger the better" since I'll be using this literally on my lap and not at some desk.  Long battery life and integrated palm-rest in it's design are both huge plusses in my book.  For use case, I'm a gamer, a programmer and a bit of a writer.

After much digging around, it seems one of the only players in town for a wireless full-size is the Keychron Q6 Pro.  I also found the Realforce R3 Keyboard R3HB13 with those fancy Topre switches some people rave about, but I'm not sure if I'd like them and would prefer something with typical replaceable switches.

Are there any others out there in this extremely limited market?  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm even open to some completely DIY buildup if the parts are out there. 

Thanks

Offline thomaaz_h

Re: Recommendations on a wireless full-size
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 12:31:17 »
Just got my Qwerty keys QK100, canīt wait untill i get to build it :D

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Recommendations on a wireless full-size
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 January 2024, 18:29:31 »
I think the Q6 Pro is probably the best options when it comes it a wireless full size mechanical keyboard.

Topre switches are basically just refined rubber domes and are pretty different to mx switches for examples. I really like them, but it's something you should try if you know someone with them. If you can't do that, worst comes to worst you can just sell it for a bit of a loss. Also not sure about 30g topre never tried it, but did remember people saying it was basically linear so it may not be what you want.
fjell | hhkb bt