Author Topic: KBT pure pro on Massdrop (89$ + shipping (9$))  (Read 11293 times)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
KBT pure pro on Massdrop (89$ + shipping (9$))
« on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 20:07:29 »
As title say, KBT pure pro (PBT keycaps) for 89$ and 9$ shippin to US and 10$ shipping to Canada!!!

On Massdrop.com
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline cannedlemons

Re: KBT pure pro on Massdrop (89$ + shipping (9$))
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 23:21:49 »
Oh my this sounds pretty good but have you ever been part of these group buys before?

Offline nullstring

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 23:37:50 »
tempting. Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere else? How do you compare the price if no one else sells them.

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 23:42:57 »
tempting. Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere else? How do you compare the price if no one else sells them.

They sell them in the EU on this website: http://kbtpure.com/kbtpure/kbt-pure.html for €109.99 + shipping I believe.

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 23:52:46 »
If I didn't hate the layout it would be mildly tempting.

Offline nullstring

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 23:56:13 »

They sell them in the EU on this website: http://kbtpure.com/kbtpure/kbt-pure.html for €109.99 + shipping I believe.

Not in ANSI, as far as I can tell.
And prices targeted for europe are often higher.

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 23:58:52 »

Not in ANSI, as far as I can tell.
And prices targeted for europe are often higher.

Yea I know but this is the closest thing that is for sale that can be compared to the one on Massdrop as far as I know.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 01:12:23 »
What's with all the nonstandard stagger mini keyboards recently? I'm sure I'd be okay with it, but it does make me wonder.

Anyway, it'll be cool to see these finally hit. I note that none have been ordered yet. I am interested to see how this turns out.

Offline camelCase

• Don't look at my toes.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 22:27:58 »
This pure pro is plate mounted. Can someone who owns this please tell me if the switches are still accessible without soldering?

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 22:39:59 »
By the way I participated in like 2-3 group buys with massdrop and it all went very smooth and I order from Canada and I had no problem with shipping at all.

There's a bigger delay that buying directly from a shop since they have to receive it and then ship it, but once the GB ends there's no abnormal delay.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 11:23:40 »
I'm not sure if there's another thread on Geekhack that's a follow up to this thread but after the longest wait, I finally received the keyboard in the mail this morning! This is my first keyboard from Vertex and so far it seems decent.

First Impressions
The overall quality of the keyboard is ok. I noticed that the PBT keycaps were really nice to the touch and feels quite solid. The plastic used for the casing is a bit more flimsy than I thought. I like the white back plate color offsetting the dark gray color of the keycap and case. The macro function is a cool function to have however I'm not a gamer so I don't usually use macros but it is quite easy to set once you're used to the location and combination of the keys. One thing I have to get used to is the small backspace key. I noticed that dipswitch 3 is unused and I wish that they can use that dipswitch to swap the delete key and the backspace key because the delete key is a little bigger. One thing that bugs me is the sound of the spacebar. I knew that the shorter length of the spacebar will compromise the sound of it. It sounds very similar to the spacebar on the HHKB Lite 2 with this high pitch bottoming out sound. Does anyone know if there's a fix to this? For now, the keyboard feels very good while typing and I've already made a few adjustments to the keycaps :P

KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline EduHdz404

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 22:16:46 »
I've already made a few adjustments to the keycaps :P
Those keycaps look super cool, could i know from were did you got them?