Author Topic: Simple short geography test for you  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Endzone

Simple short geography test for you
« on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 01:30:07 »
Read this news story, and then see if you can identify where the 4 locations are.  WITHOUT using the internet see if you can answer the 4 questions below.  Please do NOT post the answers in this thread, but just post how many out of 4 you got right.  I knew the answers, but I've been a ham radio operator all my life, and I worked as a radio officer on merchant ships for 10 years.  I've been to all 7 continents and Greenland, so I have a bit of an advantage here.  I think most Americans are so dumb when it comes to geography, and I want to see if you can even get one answer right.  NO CHEATING!  Thanks. 

http://www.sahilonline.org/english/newsDetails.php?cid=3&nid=18728

1. What larger country is just to the north of the small island nation of Singapore?
2. What country is the city of Jeddah in?
3. What country is the city of Mumbai in?
4. What country is the city of Colombo in?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Simple short geography test for you
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 02:05:38 »
1. Rand McNally
2. Springfield
3. Haberdasher
4. "One more thing..."

Offline Endzone

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 02:07:35 »
1. Rand McNally
2. Springfield
3. Haberdasher
4. "One more thing..."

Way to go!!!!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 13:24:55 »
clearly they hadn't loaded enough crap on that ship to make it cut through the waves

PS - 3 of 4
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 16:17:28 »
I got two right away, one after a bit of thinking and I was unsure about the last one, but after I had checked I saw that I was right.

BTW, question #2 can be deducted from the article.