Author Topic: thanks  (Read 3735 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
thanks
« on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:04:24 »
ok

so i wanted to make a post when i hit 1000 posts to say thanks, but i never got around to it, so this is partly that, and partly a bigger thanks

so around september last year i was diagnosed with lymphoma, this wasnt very cool, i got married a couple months before and i felt pretty lost and hopeless

as things tend to go with these things, the initial blow of the news and the way it was told to me made things sound more bleak than they perhaps were, and i wasnt in a very good place

it took me some time to refocus and get back on track, and right around the time i needed an outlet i came across geekhack

to some people this may sound ridiculous, but i cant tell you how much getting involved with this community really helped me, both emotionally and physically

just having an outlet where the entire focus of my interactions wasnt solely based around my being sick helped immensely

i dont wanna focus on being sick here, but i will say i have a positive outlook, what i would like to do is express my gratitude, both to individuals and the community as a whole

my geekhack story can be expressed in several ways, i am sure i fall into the same story in part as everyone else, of finding the community, getting sucked in and spending too much money, but geekhack is so much more than that to me, i have experienced kindness that does nothing short of amaze me, and met people i would consider true friends

i hate to name names, as it is impossible not to leave people out, and anyone i dont mention, i dont want you to think you had any less impact on me as it takes everyone to make this community what it is

but thanks to moose, jdcapre, jocelyn, spamray,glissbro,  the captain, halverson, ewk808, hellocodes, shadovved, tym, foxer, the beast and inlikeflynn and everyone else

you made my life and my headspace a better place to be and for that i cant thank you enough

sometimes the forum can focus on the negatives, and that is a shame, but there are some people here that make this place what it is, and that is something special, and something i am honored to be a part of

so once again

thank you
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: thanks
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:05:36 »
Bunny you are such an awesome guy, this forum is a better place because of you!  ;D
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:07:56 by ray4jc »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:05:43 »
we luv u bunny
I love Elzy

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:07:09 »
Super <3 Bunny!!!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:13:51 »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:17:17 »
Show Image

I give up no one uses this right
I love Elzy

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:19:36 »

yo
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:21:27 »
Show Image

yo

and now i wanna go watch kickass

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:22:10 »

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:22:37 »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:25:58 »
Lymphoma survivor here (hodgkins). And I know exactly what you mean about finding something that doesn't center around being sick. Awesome post man, stay positive. You are also appreciated here.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:43:57 »
Thanks for the shoutout mate <3. You're one of my favorite people here. I hope you continue contributing awesome stuff to the community here.

And it still cracks me up when people call me Captain :P

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:49:49 »
Awesome guy and I'm glad we helped you out as you've helped a lot out here. You've done so much for me in which I can't be grateful enough for!

Thanks for being a fantastic member of GeekHack and an amazing guy in general. :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:56:54 »
Okay, Bunny, that was so beautiful... I just have to get out all the meebcap stuff for you again. What color would you like, friend? I'll see what I can do to make it happen.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:05:58 »
Okay, Bunny, that was so beautiful... I just have to get out all the meebcap stuff for you again. What color would you like, friend? I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

i wasnt doing this to ask for stuff

but i would love to get a nice meebcap/bunny collab going

perhaps you could make 2 sets of alphas and ill make 2 sets of mods, and we can have a meebunz set each

as for colors, i dont know what works best with your technique, but im a big purple fan, or geekhack orange, or pastel colors

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:07:22 »
Thanks for the shoutout mate <3. You're one of my favorite people here. I hope you continue contributing awesome stuff to the community here.

And it still cracks me up when people call me Captain :P

I suppose we could start calling you 'BA'! ;)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:07:26 »
also thanks so much for all the kind words and pms guys, im not ignoring any of the comments, its just hard to know what to say in retort sometimes, but i appreciate them all

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:08:45 »
You rock bunny - I think you need to come out to KeyCon and meet the gang in person :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:10:08 »
You rock bunny - I think you need to come out to KeyCon and meet the gang in person :)

sir, if i had a way of getting there i would have been all over it, unfortunately your choice of venue and the ocean between me and it make that troublesome

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:11:17 »
GB: Everyone chip in a few bucks so we can fly Bunny out to KeyCon :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:14:24 »

Let's do this people!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:15:32 »

you would need a further groupbuy to fund my wife coming lol

she wouldnt trust me for a second to go to the states alone lol, i dont think she would trust me to come back haha

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:15:50 »

perhaps you could make 2 sets of alphas and ill make 2 sets of mods, and we can have a meebunz set each

as for colors, i dont know what works best with your technique, but im a big purple fan, or geekhack orange, or pastel colors

Purple has good results! I'll get some more of that dye tomorrow. :) We should figure out the details of this (who makes what keys, etc).

meebcats - my bad music

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:16:39 »

Purple has good results! I'll get some more of that dye tomorrow. :) We should figure out the details of this (who makes what keys, etc).

shoot me a pm about what keys you have available and what profile they are, and we can see what sets we can match up between us

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:36:10 »
You've legitimately made GH a better place. Great members go and new ones take their place (sometimes not so great,) and so the circle of life continues. And before this circle continues, I'll just say 'Grats Bunny, the milestone thread is over there'  :D

Seriously though, keep up the great work.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 10:44:46 »
Guys, thanks to Bunny, something great is now in the works... I suppose that's not exactly an uncommon happening, though! :D

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:21:05 »
Bunny in my eyes you're one of the main reasons that this community is so great. You've been so unbelivably selfless and done everything you can to help others. You've made the community much more tightly knit and made it a nicer place. You've also encouraged people to wear the geekhack banner with pride! (quite literally)

I haven't spoken to you much but you seem like a really cool, awesome guy. Keep up the great work!
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 12:52:46 »
Bunny in my eyes you're one of the main reasons that this community is so great. You've been so unbelivably selfless and done everything you can to help others. You've made the community much more tightly knit and made it a nicer place. You've also encouraged people to wear the geekhack banner with pride! (quite literally)

I haven't spoken to you much but you seem like a really cool, awesome guy. Keep up the great work!

thanks man, i appreciate it

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 16:24:46 »
Though our interactions together have been minimal, you have been one of the most pleasureable to deal with. Simply put: You are an awesome dude Bunny! One of many here that I know for sure would be fun to share a pint with. <3

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 16:28:18 »
I'm so sorry about all your health troubles, Bunny.  Being ill is no fun at all--my dad had a very rare form of cancer, and I myself suffer from some serious [not normal] fatigue frequently, but it's most important to have many interests and to focus on them, as you are doing quite well!  Keep it up, and stay strong, and I hope you WILL get better <3
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 16:53:57 »
I've only been here briefly but you've been a joy to talk to and deal with you. Fight on

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 17:31:56 »
Thanks for the mention bunny,
Looking forward to help out with ctrl/alt/store if possible :D

I wish you and your family the best sir!

- Cody

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 20:29:57 »
Live life any way you can take it, and don't ever take anything for granted (though we all do). Every day is a gift. A great day is not a day without problems/issues. A great day is one in which you live your life on your terms, loving, sharing, experiencing, growing and most of all, enjoying.

Geekhack community has also given me so much, yet it's somewhat of a personal journey. Some of the people here I feel unusually close to, some I've met and others I hope to soon. All this from a stupid keyboard forum!! Isn't that strange??

By the way, you notoriously left my name off your list. I'll assume it's an omission by error :)
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 20:50:13 »
ctrl + f "demik"

"0 of 0 found"

damn these thank you threads!! 0-2 :(

btw bunny, got the shirt. thanks for the candy and toy!! awesome job on the shirts :)
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 21:28:55 »
Thank you for all your contributions Bunny - GH is a fluffier and longer-eared place because of your generous and friendly contributions :)

It is this kind of thread, and that to which Bunny was alluding, that make GH a great community.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ