Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2774129 times)

Offline skidude9678

Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #5550 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 18:54:35 »
It's more or less temporary until I can get some caps that fit that match the cyrillic ones. Most of the bottom row as well as the enter and backspace key that came with the cyrillic caps are the wrong size for my layout. Any ideas on ones that would be close in color yet still fit this layout? Only idea I have is AT-101W caps or something.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 18:59:24 by skidude9678 »

Offline tris0908

« Reply #5551 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 19:31:11 »
Currently using the ABKO Hacker K965p 55G (wooh, that's long) for the office since it's a cheaper Topre-clone and has no RGB. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline AnyKeyboard

« Reply #5552 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 21:45:09 »
In Office: Armaggeddon KAI-9
Short Description: Gaming Membrane Keyboard with 7 colour backlit LEDs.

At Home: Rotate among Logitech G810, Steelseries Apex M650 & Ducky 0.
Short Description:
a) Logitech G810 - RGB Mechanical kb with Romer G switches. Great for typing as it is slightly quieter than Cherry MX switches. Ok for Gaming.
b) Steelseries Apex M650 - RGB Mechanical kb with linear Gateron switches. Great switch for gaming. Like the EQ mode very much.
c) Ducky 0 - Cherry MX Red switch non backlit kb. Also a great switch for gaming.

Offline knightjp

« Reply #5553 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 23:40:42 »
I'm using the Apple A1243.  Love it. I know it has its haters and followers, but for a shallow scissor key keyboard, it is one of the best ones out there.

Offline ds26gte

« Reply #5554 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:07:10 »
177050-0" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

The Bloody B820R with LK (Light striKe) Blues. I've used a 75% and a 60% board before, both with Cherry MX Blues, but realized I much prefer non-embedded arrow keys and mouse keys (= numpad). So while shopping for a full-size, decided I might as well try out some newish if risky technology.

Seemed light at first, but there's been no flex or lack of inertia. Also sounded rather loud initially, even for a blue switch, but my eardrums adjusted very quickly. Despite the tacky name and logo, the board looks very sober and traditional -- you can't tell it's running some cutting-edge optical technology under that nondescript hood. I quite like it; my best keyboard so far -- don't quite know why the LK Blues aren't very popular here.
Bloody B820R with LK blues. Logitech Marble Mouse unplugged and inside a drawer for emergencies.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5555 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 22:00:42 »
Switched back to my CODE (MX clears) at work, and tried using my Ducky Shine 1 at home but can't get used to a full size keyboard again, so I switched to my Ducky Shine 5 Yellow Edition (MX blacks).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #5556 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 06:21:33 »
Have not had the slightest urge to change, still rocking my Leopold 750R W/ MX Reds.  It's funny how much I used to hate reds until I tried a very solid board that uses them now I love them.  I even tried one of my boards with browns and one with Blues the other day and they just felt needlessly overly heavy per key actuation. 
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #5557 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 23:32:42 »
Currently M65-A with MOD-H switches and cheap oem profile PBT key caps.
Waiting for SA Carbon =_=

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #5558 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 07:50:37 »
Happily using this one

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #5559 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 09:31:53 »
X60 with lubed 62g vintage blacks.  I've been mainly using TKL's this past year. I'd forgotten how good a 60% is.
This grey case always looks silver in all my pictures.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline zslane

« Reply #5560 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 12:17:41 »
Still using my end-game Realforce RGB Space Cadet, but now with its matching Pexon cable:

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #5561 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 15:07:11 »

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5562 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 14:56:49 »
Flavor flave.

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #5563 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:00:12 »
Taking the ol' WASD V2 for a spin...

Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #5564 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:00:50 »
Flavor flave.

Show Image

You know your fidget game is overboard when you have a mat for them :D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5565 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:04:03 »
Flavor flave.

Show Image

lol It's the keyboard mat from fohat.digs. I never cut it to the proper size. Was going to get around to it, but now that I have these two fidget toys they are perfect to put on the overhang of the mat since I can just grab them quickly with my hand.
So the overhang stays!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #5566 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:05:55 »
Flavor flave.

Show Image

lol It's the keyboard mat from fohat.digs. I never cut it to the proper size. Was going to get around to it, but now that I have these two fidget toys they are perfect to put on the overhang of the mat since I can just grab them quickly with my hand.
So the overhang stays!

Hah! Looks great! Now fix your space bar please :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5567 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:19:17 »
Flavor flave.

Show Image

So the overhang stays!

I did! That's why I have it the correct orientation.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #5568 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:20:03 »
Flavor flave.

Show Image

So the overhang stays!

I did! That's why I have it the correct orientation.

I'm gonna have to report this.

Offline badziew

• dome with slider
« Reply #5569 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 09:01:12 »
Logitech K810, ISO-US layout. Nice scissor rubberdome with rather stuff and springy keys.
BTC 5139 (BTC dome with slider) | Chicony KB-5192FT (Futaba MA) | IBM Model M 1399580 (Croatian ISO) | M-tek (Monterey) K108 (Alps SKCM White) | Hyundai RT101+ (NMB dome with slider) | Vortex Race 3 (MX Clear) | Ajazz AK33 (Zorro Black) | Logitech K810 (Logitech PerfectStroke, US ISO)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5570 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 22:55:52 »
some old compaq with v browns

Offline psiclone

« Reply #5571 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 13:51:28 »
Was using a Corsair Strafe (I know, I know...but w/e it works) and now moving to my Glorious Modular Keyboard with new switches (Kailh Speed Pinks, Kailh Pro Burgundies, and Gateron Yellows with Zealencio clips).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5572 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 20:22:44 »
Show Image

First thought that crossed my mind: "Why would you ever need that many mice?"  :))  Then I remembered that keyboards are a thing and I have a lot of them.  :facepalm: 

Show Image

Digging the board, man.  Makes me wish there were blank CMY sets.  ^-^

Offline psiclone

« Reply #5573 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 20:46:56 »
OK, got the Glorious MK almost fully set up.  I need to get some sound dampening and still trying to decide what I like on it best, but I love the feel of the Kailh Burgundies the most.  The sound is best when muffled by a z-clip on the yellows, which seems inconsistent.  On some I have to add in an O-ring and/or a landing pad.  Would love to test out a QMX clip.  The feel of the pinks is great, but it's all loud.

EDIT:  The board's pretty much done, all but the lack of silencing (at least for now), might not be what I was after ultimately, but at least I'm getting that nice "thock" sound.  It's not Topre, but it's nice.

EDIT:  Uploaded the board with new keycaps.  I also managed to take the silencing a step forward with aquarium sealant.  Here's the thread on the results of that:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91847.msg2500701#msg2500701

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 October 2017, 13:49:51 by psiclone »

Offline bettablue

• Geeks with a Grudge. Gotta Love'em
    • All Things DOS
« Reply #5574 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:16:11 »
Personally, I have 4 Model M part # 801(sorry, I'm in the hospital as I write this.  Also using a Bluetooth keyboard with iPad tablet). All of my model M's have all been bolt modded, and all feel fantastic.  I love the simple nature as it gives an audible "Click" as the key registers the keystroke is complete.   I have tried other keyboards that were supposed to mimic the Model M, but I can tell the difference.  Maybe the choice of switch is what was wrong.  Can anyone give me feedback on which mechanical keys are the best match for the IBM Model M?
Vintage Computer user, and collector, specializing in the IBM 5150 Personal Computer, the World\'s first REAL PC!
Keyboards - IBM Model M X 2, IBM AT X 2, IBM KB8923, Apple IIe, and Mac SE boards. 

-----------------IBM Think!---------------------

Offline Zobeid Zuma

« Reply #5575 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 18:58:13 »
http://zobeid.zapto.org/image/keeb/Carpe_JD45.jpg

Carpe JD45 with Cherry MX brown switches, and added Mac command keys.  It's proving to be an interesting experience: lovely in some ways, frustrating in others.

EDIT: Since I can't figure out how to make embedded images actually work here, I changed it to a URL link.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 September 2017, 15:00:11 by Zobeid Zuma »

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #5576 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 11:31:22 »

Pok3r with Clears and DSA Granite caps.
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5577 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 16:52:25 »

Nice! When I see such cool SA caps (something I could never buy and stay married, BTW, having a wife who for some reason can't grasp why anyone would spend as much on a key set as they could on an entire MK), it cancels out my bafflement over the whole super-mini-keeb thing. If I had such awesome keys to caress, I wouldn't care that I'd chosen to slow myself down and do so much extra work to type the same stuff.

And there's the wittiness of having such retro-authentic keys (not "caps", BTW; that refers to the tops of two-piece IBM keys) on a layout that never would've been seen in the original SA days—like putting running boards on a Tesla.

I'm using the QIC SK-8802B-1U (probably a rebranded Chicony KB-5191):

...whose restore I showed everyone back in 19-[mumble mumble not thinking about how quickly time passes etc.]. Sigh, vintage MX Blues... Imagine creating a switch whose longevity enables it to improve over time, like fine wine. Okay, now stop imagining it and get a vintage MX board—or just get a new one and type on it for a while. If you e-babble like me, you should have it in vintage shape in no time.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #5578 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 06:57:44 »
Show Image

Looks like a render

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #5579 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 07:22:07 »
Show Image

Lookin' good, man! :cool:

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #5580 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 10:58:42 »

Nice! When I see such cool SA caps (something I could never buy and stay married, BTW, having a wife who for some reason can't grasp why anyone would spend as much on a key set as they could on an entire MK), it cancels out my bafflement over the whole super-mini-keeb thing. If I had such awesome keys to caress, I wouldn't care that I'd chosen to slow myself down and do so much extra work to type the same stuff.

And there's the wittiness of having such retro-authentic keys (not "caps", BTW; that refers to the tops of two-piece IBM keys) on a layout that never would've been seen in the original SA days—like putting running boards on a Tesla.

Haha, thanks for the comment.  ;D

I'll happily admit that I mainly use the Pok3r as my "change of pace" board. My every-day work horse is still my Realforce 88UB. Going from a TKL to a 60% definitely requires some adjustment but it's been a lot easier than I expected it would. I still have a soft spot for retro full-size boards, though. You have some sweet boards there, I love restoration projects too!

Looks like a render

Not sure whether I should take that as criticism or a compliment?  :D

Lookin' good, man! :cool:

Thanks, it's a pretty nifty little board. Very happy with it so far. A pleasure doing business with you.  :)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #5581 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 18:41:50 »

I'm using the QIC SK-8802B-1U (probably a rebranded Chicony KB-5191):

Show Image

...whose restore I showed everyone back in 19-[mumble mumble not thinking about how quickly time passes etc.]. Sigh, vintage MX Blues... Imagine creating a switch whose longevity enables it to improve over time, like fine wine. Okay, now stop imagining it and get a vintage MX board—or just get a new one and type on it for a while. If you e-babble like me, you should have it in vintage shape in no time.

....until you realize how much you miss buckling springs.

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #5582 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 12:58:22 »
Been using my newly-acquired TADA68 with Gateron Browns. Really impressed with Gateron's Brown switches after exclusively using Cherry switches for the past 3 years (Shine 3 w/ Blues, QFR w/ Browns, MK 2016 w/ Browns). Looking to acquire a nice numpad to pair with this along with getting an aluminum case, which I regret not getting initially.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5583 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 16:33:52 »
....until you realize how much you miss buckling springs.

LOL  :thumb:

Been using my newly-acquired TADA68 with Gateron Browns. Really impressed with Gateron's Brown switches after exclusively using Cherry switches for the past 3 years (Shine 3 w/ Blues, QFR w/ Browns, MK 2016 w/ Browns)...

I've found Gat Blacks awesome, too—smoother, a tad lighter, and more fun to type on than MX Blacks.

I'm typing on my Turbot TKL. I still can't believe this little board was so cheap. It feels so good, and has such a great sound.

I've become a non-fan of so-called high-quality, massively dense boards where all you hear or feel is the switches... I find it a lot more fun when the board contributes some personality of its own. That's not to say the Turbot isn't solid; it has a fine heft and doesn't move a bit. But it's not a solid slab of metal, either. There's a middle ground IMHO, where "less is more".
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5584 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 11:09:08 »
Flavor flave.

Show Image

Nice fgt spnner

Offline reovadea

« Reply #5585 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 15:14:35 »
I am currently using a Cherry G80-1800 with German ISO layout. This will then be outfitted with the Godspeed XDA set in the orange version, when it arrives next year.

At the moment the board has MX Blacks on it but i will switch the alphas with MX Blues from my -3000. I found both of them for under 10€ each on ebay. Since then I am using mechs.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5586 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 16:07:45 »

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5587 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 06:33:29 »
A dumpster find with a very unique switch, Futaba MA Clicky. I spent many hours cleaning it up. This is a Chicony KB-5191

Before:
179472-0
After:
179474-1

Keycaps still yellowed a bit, and the plastic under the lock light decal is yellowed where the peroxide didn't reach, but I am amazed by the power of retrobright.

PS: Strangely I have noticed common keys, like the vowels, all have a louder click than the less used keys, like q and z. I think this is the only switch I have seen that ages towards a louder click. Very strange.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 October 2017, 06:41:30 by rich1051414 »
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline mnmlisme

« Reply #5588 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 06:50:14 »
current daily:
office - KBPARADISE v60 matias quiet click (not as good as I thought it would be, so probably will be replacing this in near future)
home - HHKB pro 2 black (BEST!)
gaming - SABER68 gateron yellow lubed with 68g sprit (2nd BEST!)
#mnmlismecurrentkeyboard
XD60 (gat.black) | SABER68 (gat.blue) | VORTEX Core (cherry blue) | YD40 (gatistotle)

Offline balotz

« Reply #5589 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 12:55:28 »
A dumpster find with a very unique switch, Futaba MA Clicky. I spent many hours cleaning it up. This is a Chicony KB-5191

Before:
(Attachment Link)
After:
(Attachment Link)

Keycaps still yellowed a bit, and the plastic under the lock light decal is yellowed where the peroxide didn't reach, but I am amazed by the power of retrobright.

PS: Strangely I have noticed common keys, like the vowels, all have a louder click than the less used keys, like q and z. I think this is the only switch I have seen that ages towards a louder click. Very strange.

There's a rubber mat inside the switch which cushions the impact of the slider. In time, the rubber warps upwards, reducing the travel of the plate spring. You can imagine that on heavily used keys the rubber might not have had a chance to warp as it's being repeatedly flattened by the slider.

You can restore the original tactility by removing a keycap and pressing down very hard on the slider. I've done this on one of my Futaba boards - every key now clicks nicely. Mind you, that board (an SKM-1030) has plate mounted switches - if yours are mounted only on a PCB I wouldn't recommending doing this.

Offline thekiddzac

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #5590 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 14:18:38 »
Just put some pink flair on my fc660c. even updated my pixel pic in my signature!

Leopold FC660C

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #5591 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 02:35:21 »
Just put some pink flair on my fc660c. even updated my pixel pic in my signature!

Show Image

Very nice! I love the pink!  :p

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #5592 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 03:18:12 »
Current daily / office board: KBD75, 78g Zealios, GMK Coniferous:

Build thread:

https://imgur.com/a/yr6Kx

:cool: :thumb:
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
« Reply #5593 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 04:59:22 »
Current daily / office board: KBD75, 78g Zealios, GMK Coniferous:

Show Image

Build thread:

https://imgur.com/a/yr6Kx

:cool: :thumb:

That's a nice board, kbdfans are making some really nice stuff now. Great build guide btw!

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #5594 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 07:37:55 »
Cheers dude - and I agree, in terms of quality and value they’re really good!

Offline thekiddzac

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #5595 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 08:44:57 »

Show Image

Very nice! I love the pink!  :p

Thanks! I wasn't sold at first, got this spacebar and a few caps on a whim. Now i'm in love with it

Leopold FC660C

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5596 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 00:25:12 »
Man... so close. Damn you 1.75u shift key...

179618-0

Switches are gateron greens with 67g springs. W, S, and Shift are Blues instead. This is to reduce fatigue while gaming while still being consistent enough to not disturb typing.

PS: Anyone know where I can find a 1.75u shift(or blank) key in black? Preferably DSA?
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 October 2017, 00:36:05 by rich1051414 »
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #5597 on: Thu, 05 October 2017, 02:38:09 »
Pack of 4 from PMK is $6 - https://pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-1-75-space-pack-of-4/

Or could be worth posting a wanted ad on mech market, someone's bound to have one from a grab bag they could send you

Offline psiclone

« Reply #5598 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 13:16:39 »
Currently using the ABKO Hacker K965p 55G (wooh, that's long) for the office since it's a cheaper Topre-clone and has no RGB. :)
Show Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I like your keyboard!

Offline xtianyves

• YvesDrop
« Reply #5599 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 12:04:17 »
I've finally put in enough time using my mechmini as a daily driver that I'm back to typing full speed again. I really like having a split spacebar as it's very versatile and having the numbers and symbols on a function layer actually saves me less keystrokes. I think the best part about a 40% keyboard is the reduced travel for my fingers since everything is super close from home row with just one row up or down.

Even something like pressing backspace requires less effort since it's right beside P and is just one key up for my pinky while resting on home row. And since it's 1u it requires even less actuation.