Author Topic: POST Your GON(s)!!!! ;)  (Read 322846 times)

Offline yicaoyimu

Re: POST Your GON(s)!!!! ;)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:33:59 »
More pics, 'cause I love my GON. :)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love your OG Tri... Jelly.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:46:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

That wonderful WASD goes with everything :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 23:12:44 »

Show Image

Damn son.. Cant wait to get mine, love that craftsmanship. Best case Ive ever seen!  :eek:  :cool:

Offline GON

• * Maker
  • Skype ID : GonsKeyboardWorks
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 00:49:47 »
Hi GHers!

I have just released the new firmware and NerDy GUI

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50577.msg1105404#msg1105404

Try and share your experience~

Thanks, ;)
GON
Even though I have made/assembled/tuned HUNDREDs of keyboards for others, I myself don't have a full-tuned Custom Keyboard now.
So Ironical!

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:38:03 »

Show Image

Damn son.. Cant wait to get mine, love that craftsmanship. Best case Ive ever seen!  :eek:  :cool:

Photographer gets at least 50% of the credit!  :blank:

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Kmynis

« Reply #255 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:47:26 »
My goodness... I think that a GON will be my next purchase. These boards look like a cherry mx endgame, screw everything else!
HHKB Type-S
Filco TKL MX Red

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #256 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 02:26:34 »
My goodness... I think that a GON will be my next purchase. These boards look like a cherry mx endgame, screw everything else!

So true, you won't be disappointed.  Don't forget to pay for the whole lot up front so GON can piece it together for you, his skill set is far higher than any of us mere mortals here on GH.

He has built nearly all of my keyboards and each one gets used regularly on every PC that has been set up.  I am hoping in the near future I will have all of his keyboards connected to every computer in my house  :thumb: .

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 03:52:50 »

Customer board is done! Also a little blurb I posted about his new GUI software that was released (you can find over here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50577.msg1105404#msg1105404 in the attachments)

I think GON has just created the most easy to use and intuitive GUI software for a custom keyboard. Well translated unlike many other Korean mapping softwares, no weird menus and everything just makes sense. If you were debating before about getting a NerD after seeing the keymapping software, I 100% recommend buying one (I even know someone who could assemble it for you :O)

I know he's been working on it for a very long time and he should be proud of his work. It's too bad he wasn't the program designer for other brands ;(

Great stuff :thumb:

Highly considering picking up one of my own + a few additional PCBs to replace the outdated A.87s inside of mine.
I love Elzy

Offline Battou62

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:11:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

FUUUUU those small leds are perfect, gorgeous keyboard.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:41:30 »
Need some fellow geekhacker opinions

so i got a red unbuilt GON Nerd60 HHKB and GONpad, both are in RED semi-glare

originally i was going to put red in the center and white leds on top but im wondering if maybe i have the wrong idea, im wondering if i should do a different color scheme. I'm thinking red in the center/bottom is still a good idea and already have the leds and resistors for it, just maybe the white on the top is a bad idea. maybe orange, blue or something else would be better. maybe i should just stick to doing red in the center and no leds on top. DSA Dolch or GMK dolch is going to be going on it btw

anyone want to give suggestions?

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:43:23 »

originally i was going to put red in the center and white leds on top but im wondering if maybe i have the wrong idea, im wondering if i should do a different color scheme. I'm thinking red in the center/bottom is still a good idea and already have the leds and resistors for it, just maybe the white on the top is a bad idea. maybe orange, blue or something else would be better. maybe i should just stick to doing red in the center and no leds on top. DSA Dolch or GMK dolch is going to be going on it btw

Go with SIP pins.   That way you could opt for any color LED you want given the resistance range. 

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #261 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:50:00 »

I feel that would be too much red personally and gets rid of one of the reasons for the poly carb middle.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:53:45 »
Sip pins not a bad idea. You guys (xender)  think I should do a different color in the center?

my wife, who hates my keyboard hobby, said to go all blue LEDs on it.....not sure how i feel about that

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 16:55:02 »
Sip pins not a bad idea. You guys (xender)  think I should do a different color in the center?

I'd consider white in the center and orange on top.  Not sure how orange LEDs with the red case and Dolch will look, but I think it's worth a consideration.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:00:39 »
i think i like the idea of orange on top, that's what i was thinking mostly because i actually have orange leds here and the resistors for them (much easier lol)

id have to give white in the center some thought

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:19:47 »

my wife, who hates my keyboard hobby, said to go all blue LEDs on it.....not sure how i feel about that
Definitely think a different color would be a better idea.  I think the ability to make it an essential two-toned case is part of the appeal of it.  hrinfinity and me both have white led's in the middle of our red gons. 

I'd consider white in the center and orange on top.  Not sure how orange LEDs with the red case and Dolch will look, but I think it's worth a consideration.
I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.  Or how orange in center would look.  But I'm also weird in my color schemes since I'm using WoO alphas from round 3 and WoR mods/function keys.  Though white is the safer option as it will probably look good with most keycap sets.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:24:01 »

Definitely think a different color would be a better idea.  I think the ability to make it an essential two-toned case is part of the appeal of it.  hrinfinity and me both have white led's in the middle of our red gons. 

Totally agree with this.   :thumb:

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.  Or how orange in center would look.  But I'm also weird in my color schemes since I'm using WoO alphas from round 3 and WoR mods/function keys.  Though white is the safer option as it will probably look good with most keycap sets.

Now I'm curious to see how your caps look.  Orange alphas and red mods?  They don't clash at all?  I want this color combination to work, but I would need to see it.  :D

Also, agreeing that white is the safer option.  Especially with a flashy color for the board itself.  But I'd still give orange a try.  :P

I'm not entirely convinced that blue LEDs with the red case would be great, but I would still try it.  Not too hard to power up the LED and hold it by the case to see how they look together.  :)

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:38:25 »

Now I'm curious to see how your caps look.  Orange alphas and red mods?  They don't clash at all?  I want this color combination to work, but I would need to see it.  :D

Also, agreeing that white is the safer option.  Especially with a flashy color for the board itself.  But I'd still give orange a try.  :P

I'm not entirely convinced that blue LEDs with the red case would be great, but I would still try it.  Not too hard to power up the LED and hold it by the case to see how they look together.  :)
I got a couple pics but they're pretty bad quality from my potato phone.  Doesn't help that I have a glass desk so it's kinda hard to get it to look good.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47644.msg1364620#msg1364620
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33155.msg1311864#msg1311864

but my board is themed off an anime character  :-[ which is why i have the nerv/eva caps and that color scheme.

Though I kinda want to see blue led's work though because of how beautiful naasfu's board looked.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:41:53 »

I got a couple pics but they're pretty bad quality from my potato phone.  Doesn't help that I have a glass desk so it's kinda hard to get it to look good.

but my board is themed off an anime character  :-[ which is why i have the nerv/eva caps and that color scheme.
Show Image

Show Image

Though I kinda want to see blue led's work though because of how beautiful naasfu's board looked.

T________________T

**** asuka but i would rock this keyboard
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:49:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Okay, I totally did not mean to attack the color scheme and make you feel bad, I was just genuinely curious!  :)  I promise.

And now that makes so much sense.  I like it.   :thumb:   It's hard to visualize, but it does look really good in practice. 

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 17:55:20 »
thanks for the opinions guys, im really glad i at least got a feel from some people because desoldering SMD resistors is how i ****ed up my KittyPad (being replaced with GONPad PCB)

i think the decision will be white in the center, and sip sockets on the top allowing me to switch out and mix Orange, Red, and Yellow LEDs (i have sqare top orange and round top red LEDs on hand.

i just need to get some white SMD LEDs and matching resistors for the spots for them on the Nerd60 and GonPad. damn would have been easier to get it from GON before he shipped but i guess ill go hunting on a components site.

feel free to add opinions anyone lol

oh and <3 GON keyboards.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 18:05:05 »
T________________T

**** asuka but i would rock this keyboard
Can't wait for the feng gb to add those keys :D.

Okay, I totally did not mean to attack the color scheme and make you feel bad, I was just genuinely curious!  :)  I promise.

And now that makes so much sense.  I like it.   :thumb:   It's hard to visualize, but it does look really good in practice. 
Haha don't worry, I didn't take it that way.  I just knew some people wouldn't be open to the idea of a such a silly themed board.  I wish I had the function row orange keys as well but I don't think I'll ever find someone selling those. 

Another reason I'm open to the color scheme is I attended VT for a couple years before switching majors and maroon+orange grew on me.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:21:34 »
Built my ISO HHKB NS GON last night! :D

Only have a hyperfuse set at the moment.
Orange SMD leds, I'll try to get a good photo of the glow later.

The NerD GUI is badass. It was painless to reprogram.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:24:52 »
No pictures yet, but I ordered all of the extra parts for my build yesterday, and placed the order for all of the other parts with GON this morning. So pumped to get this built. It's gonna look awesome! ;D

EDIT: Realized how vague I was about my build. It's a GON HHKB with a light purple andonized case, purple andonized bolts and feet, white side LEDs, Purplish blue switch LEDs, 50g white stickered and lubed browns for the alphanumeric keys, and 50g white stickered and lubed blacks on the mods. Also an MX lock for the Fn lock key.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looking good. Will look even better with the Nostalgia or a similar set. ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:34:19 by Vibex »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:29:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

OMG I want that layout so much

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:33:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man you beat me! Hehe I love it bro! I think you're the first to build the board right? Looks amazing! :)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:34:30 »
No pictures yet, but I ordered all of the extra parts for my build yesterday, and placed the order for all of the other parts with GON this morning. So pumped to get this built. It's gonna look awesome! ;D

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Did you get an hhkb style gon too?

And yeah I can't wait to get Nostalgia!

OMG I want that layout so much

Thanks! I really like this layout so far :P

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:35:59 »

EDIT: Realized how vague I was about my build. It's a GON HHKB with a light purple andonized case, purple andonized bolts and feet, white side LEDs, Purplish blue switch LEDs, 50g white stickered and lubed browns for the alphanumeric keys, and 50g white stickered and lubed blacks on the mods. Also an MX lock for the Fn lock key.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh hell yeah you will love it dude!! :-)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:36:58 »
Oh man you beat me! Hehe I love it bro! I think you're the first to build the board right? Looks amazing! :)

Maybe? I'm pretty sure I was the last to receive the board though. :P

Thanks bro!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 11:37:24 »
Did you get an hhkb style gon too?

And yeah I can't wait to get Nostalgia!
Yeah, just edited that post because I realized how vague I had been. :rolleyes:
And yeah, this is what I wanted the lock switch for. Thanks again for offering to sell me one. :thumb:

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 12:20:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Really nice looking, man.  I'm still waiting on mine, but I'm super stoked for the build.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 19:14:43 »

We're going to be brothers.  I have something being built that's very similar.  :eek:

Offline nasby99

« Reply #282 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 20:46:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

^-^ color is so beautiful...^^
What I have currently
356CL(Black,Gun-metal), 356L, 356.2, 356DGE,356N MK2, 356MINI v1(military,red) 356MINI v2(red) 360c(apple silver,hyper blue),Koala,Cheat..
G81-3000SAV, G81-3100SAV,G81-3004SAT,G81-3000SAT,G81-3000SPBUS,G80-3000HAV,G80-2100HDU...

What I want to get now
Nothing atm

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 17:34:09 »
Built my A.87 ps2avr this afternoon,

Some LED are in but I am waiting for some more to arrive to finish it off. I am pretty chuffed with this board! I love it infact :) very nice to type on.
I got boards.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 08:29:53 »

We're going to be brothers.  I have something being built that's very similar.  :eek:
Board Bros. :thumb:

Built my A.87 ps2avr this afternoon,

Show Image

Some LED are in but I am waiting for some more to arrive to finish it off. I am pretty chuffed with this board! I love it infact :) very nice to type on.
Nice! What switches are you using?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 08:55:09 »
I have vintage lubed clears in there from circa '93. I built an orion for someone and used vintage clears in that from a skidata (those were '95), and I liked them so much that I decided to chop up my skidata :D
I got boards.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 09:02:35 »
I have vintage lubed clears in there from circa '93. I built an orion for someone and used vintage clears in that from a skidata (those were '95), and I liked them so much that I decided to chop up my skidata :D
Solid. I need to give clears another go. I tried them once, but preferred browns over them. I should try some Ergo Clears though.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 10:15:56 »
Solid. I need to give clears another go. I tried them once, but preferred browns over them. I should try some Ergo Clears though.

Ergo Clears are really what browns should have been. The tactile bump in browns is too insignificant for me to the point where they just feel like dirty reds. I do rock Ergo Clears on my daily driver (GON MX Mini) and I also game on it without any issues.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 18:59:56 »
So much left to do but one step closer to finishing my Nerd60, by getting the side SMD LEDs and diodes in and board programmed and tested

So bright....So Awesome

decided on stock clears, no mods except sip sockets which i have
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 August 2014, 19:07:14 by Glod »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 19:10:55 »
Good stuff, Glod.  Maybe it's my monitor but I'm having a hard time deciding what color that is.  Red? Orange?  Orange-red?  The bright lights might be throwing me, too.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 19:15:24 »
red in semi-glare, cool white leds may be making the camera make it more orange than it is

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 19:17:32 »
Yeah those side LED's really throw it off but looks great, nonetheless.  :thumb:

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 20:57:29 »
So much left to do but one step closer to finishing my Nerd60, by getting the side SMD LEDs and diodes in and board programmed and tested

So bright....So Awesome

Show Image

Show Image

That looks sick. I can't wait to get mine soon. I got the hard anodized grey.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 21:20:09 »

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 21:20:49 »

So bright....So Awesome

Show Image

Show Image

Looking good Glod! Can't wait to see it finished up.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 21:23:49 »
Show Image

Looks sick AF Cody, that gold makes me miss my GON! :'(

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 22:10:03 »
Show Image

Purple and black on orange!! Love love love brother!

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 03:04:43 »
Show Image

Bro set looking so nice!  :eek:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 03:09:14 »

Offline codyeatworld