Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4183512 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #25250 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 07:11:40 »
People who put ketchup all over their fries instead of a controlled pool for dipping, what the **** is wrong with you?

Dis' Normal.... notice they sell ketchup and ranch by the GALLON these days to everyday consumers...

For some people, foods are their most powerful addiction.

For others who make fun of people who are addicted to food, these others have even stronger afflictions such as drugs

Blind vs blind..

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25251 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 12:02:11 »
Today was thw first day of my new job following two trial weeks (with friendlier but longer hours), couldn't cycle as planned as I have a wide ass and it's bruised from my test risde yesterday.  Had a simple plan that in the 2.5 hours between getting home and shops shutting I'd do some research and go buy a saddle ready for tomorrow.

Instead I queued in traffic so got home late and my computer died after 5 minutes and wouldn't boot again.  Rebuilt it on another motherboard, still won't boot.  Decided to go to the nearest shop and buy an expensive saddle that looked good but it was shut already....  Now I have to take my Auntie's birthday present round and soon it will be bed time.

Any recommendation for a cheap, low power, AMD mobo/cpu/RAM (alredy have a GPU I didn't want!) that will work for at least a couple of years and won't be a downgrade from my beloved 2600K?  If I get any time I need to research saddles but it's not looking likely.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25252 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 12:35:27 »
Did package updates yesterday... so why is there 300 updates today?! :eek:

Offline Starius

« Reply #25253 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:21:14 »
Just went to the bank to break down a hundred dollar bill that screwed over a cash drawer at work.  (Guy used it to buy a $6 bottle of air tool oil. )
Get back from the bank and discover they gave me $120 back. 
So I go back to the bank to return the extra 20 bucks they gave me (because after joking with a co-worker about keeping it, it seemed like the honest thing to do. )
And at the bank, the ladies behind he drive through teller window seemed..... I don't know, almost as if there was something wrong about me for returning it? 
"Thanks for being honest, I guess?" Was the response I heard. 

Have we gotten to the point in society where honesty is weird?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #25254 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:24:01 »

A fish starts rotting at the head.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25255 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:33:25 »
Just went to the bank to break down a hundred dollar bill that screwed over a cash drawer at work.  (Guy used it to buy a $6 bottle of air tool oil. )
Get back from the bank and discover they gave me $120 back. 
So I go back to the bank to return the extra 20 bucks they gave me (because after joking with a co-worker about keeping it, it seemed like the honest thing to do. )
And at the bank, the ladies behind he drive through teller window seemed..... I don't know, almost as if there was something wrong about me for returning it? 
"Thanks for being honest, I guess?" Was the response I heard. 

Hahahaha...

Think of it this way..

Through manipulation of the financial system, the Oligarch (Bankers of the world) more/less own you,  as a debt slave.

You're born into it.. Your parents have mortgages, housing prices, etc,  Everything is designed such that if you wish to participate, you become rapidly trapped in the system.

So, The Top down of the situation is,  $20 is of so little consequence to the system, that EVEN THOUGH it's Good and Honest, if you lived life this way on the Broad-Strokes in your favor,  You will be SCREWED..

Think about how much your boss makes, despite often doing LESS WORK than you, and HE has a boss, and then a boss above that, all the way up until the billionaire, then the oil shiek,  then Putin, and so on..

Now Look at that $20 again...

Right and wrong,  is a floating scale...   It' shouldn't be, we could do better,  but unfortunately this is the limit right now..

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25256 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 14:45:14 »
Frankly I wouldn't feel bad about receiving an extra $20 from an industry that makes billions of dollars off of average people every year.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25257 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 15:16:47 »

A fish starts rotting at the head.

:(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25258 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 15:26:31 »
Frankly I wouldn't feel bad about receiving an extra $20 from an industry that makes billions of dollars off of average people every year.

Nononono.. hahahaha

The bank TAKES your money, and Prints even more money to Devalue the money they took from you..

They don't MAKE money in the sense that they don't do any of the work.. YOU do the work.. THEY SPEND your money, 

on What..   oh idk... arn't we still up in dat middle east ?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25259 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 13:12:52 »

Nononono.. hahahaha

The bank TAKES your money, and Prints even more money to Devalue the money they took from you..

They don't MAKE money in the sense that they don't do any of the work.. YOU do the work.. THEY SPEND your money, 

on What..   oh idk... arn't we still up in dat middle east ?

I think you're confusing banks and the government
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25260 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 13:16:30 »

I think you're confusing banks and the government

The Bank is Above Government in times of peace..

The Bank IS the Government in times of war.. 

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25261 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 14:43:20 »
Got out my backup compuer and wasted a couple of hours testing the RAM and PSU using both 'new' motherboards and still no sign of life.  The speed it powers off makes it clear it's missing something important and it's not RAM, hard drive or graphics which only leaves the CPU.  Of course I sliced my finger on something in the process

Back on my old i3 3240 - runs hotter and makes way more noise at an annoying pitch but I guess I should just be happy it works!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline stolenweapon

« Reply #25262 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 19:48:18 »
why my computer is so much slower now
OTD 356CL Black | 2x OTD 356CL Gunmetal | OTD 356.2 Factory Gray Ano 1/2 | 2x OTD 356.2 Blue Grey | 2x OTD 356mini Military Green | 5x OTD 356mini Red | OTD 356mini Black | 9x OTD 360C Apple Silver | 2x OTD 360C Hyper Grey | OTD 356L | 2x OTD 356N MKII Black | OTD 456GT Pink & Black | 3x OTD 356 Pad (2x Black, 1x Military Green) | 2x OTD Koala WKL Silver & Black | OTD Koala WK Silver & Black

TGR Jane V2 Pink Prototype 1/1 | TGR Jane V2 1/2 Brushed Toblerone Weight | 8x TGR Jane V2 | 6x TGR Jane CE V2 | TGR 910RE | TGR 910 VKC | TGR Alice Purple 1/5 | TGR Alice Red | TGR-03 | TGR Tris

LZ-SE | 3x LZ-RE | LZ-CP | LZ-MP SE

Keycult No.2 Stainless Steel | 2x KMAC Happy | 2x DK Saver MX & Alps

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25263 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 00:14:48 »
trying to setup CEMU is one of the most frustrating experiences of my life, and after an hour it still doesn't ****ing work

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25264 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 05:59:21 »
Caselabs died. Should have ordered a replacement front plate for my case between yesterday and 18 months ago. Also Caselabs died.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25265 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 06:17:48 »
trying to setup CEMU is one of the most frustrating experiences of my life, and after an hour it still doesn't ****ing work

Nothing is harder than properly setting up SilkTest on a local server. Nothing.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25266 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 07:07:40 »
Bought a CPU on ebay Thursday night, hoping it would arrive today.  It's not marked as sent and I've got no reply to a message earlier... There are few things more annoying than waiting in all day for a postman who may never come!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25267 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 07:51:36 »
Couldn't sleep last night. I was up until 6 am this morning. Then was woken up early today. Maybe I can get some sleep later...
Irks me that I had stuff that I wanted to do today ... Total effing wasted day.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25268 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 07:57:20 »
Caselabs died. Should have ordered a replacement front plate for my case between yesterday and 18 months ago. Also Caselabs died.
They made some cool cases.
Sad to see them go.  :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25269 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 08:28:53 »
Bought a CPU on ebay Thursday night, hoping it would arrive today.  It's not marked as sent and I've got no reply to a message earlier... There are few things more annoying than waiting in all day for a postman who may never come!

Which C did you order..?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25270 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 08:34:37 »

Too spendy...  I got a bunch of antec p280 for $30/piece when they were on sale..

Fits up to 11 3.5" drives w/ adapter kit..

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #25271 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 09:09:15 »

That is a bummer.  I did some sleeving for them back in the day and they were really cool guys that were really into the enthusiast community. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25272 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 09:16:54 »
Awww... They were pretty cool. Oversized behemoths, but the best oversized behemoths if you needed one.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25273 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 09:20:38 »

Which C did you order..?

Pentium G3258, the overclockable anniversary one, chosen because it was cheap and would hopefully arrive today.  Thinking was I'm not using my computer enough to justify an upgrade to a shiny new Ryzen, I'm not 100% sure it's my CPU that's dead (or that it hasn't taken my mobo(s) down with it), and I don't like the idea of spending a significant amount on an old, hot, Haswell that would work in them even if they're not dead.

All of the above also bother me, especially as it's half three so increasingly unlikely to arrive!
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 August 2018, 09:23:52 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25274 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 09:28:29 »

Which C did you order..?

Pentium G3258, the overclockable anniversary one, chosen because it was cheap and would hopefully arrive today.  Thinking was I'm not using my computer enough to justify an upgrade to a shiny new Ryzen, I'm not 100% sure it's my CPU that's dead (or that it hasn't taken my mobo(s) down with it), and I don't like the idea of spending a significant amount on an old, hot, Haswell that would work in them even if they're not dead.

Get dat new 64 core AMD,, 

Start Utube Career

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25275 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 10:06:10 »
Thanks Obama Trump! I always wanted to get a CaseLabs one day and I guess that will never happen now.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25276 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 10:07:23 »

Start Utube Career

Show Image

Haha, I think the most multitasking I've done since January 17 is browsing in Firefox while ripping a music CD - I make that 1 core at 100%, one at maybe 20% and 62 unused!  Will that make me famous enough for youtube?  People certainly wouldn't watch for my entertaining and positive outlook on life...

I'd consider a Ryzen 1600 build if the only M-ITX mobo I can find in the UK wasn't an ASUS but it is and they failed to update my bios so are blacklisted for 5 years.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25277 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 11:11:29 »

Start Utube Career

Show Image

Haha, I think the most multitasking I've done since January 17 is browsing in Firefox while ripping a music CD - I make that 1 core at 100%, one at maybe 20% and 62 unused!  Will that make me famous enough for youtube?  People certainly wouldn't watch for my entertaining and positive outlook on life...

I'd consider a Ryzen 1600 build if the only M-ITX mobo I can find in the UK wasn't an ASUS but it is and they failed to update my bios so are blacklisted for 5 years.

Well,, it wouldn't help you ripping the CD if the CD came off a disc drive. ~7.8MB/s

But,  Let's say you had 50 cds to convert to Flac..

ANNNND you had 2x 512GB nvme SSDs

A 64 core cpu in this instance would certainly speed up the conversion process..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25278 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 11:33:20 »
Thanks Obama Trump! I always wanted to get a CaseLabs one day and I guess that will never happen now.
Yeah that's ****in' terrible to honest with you.
I loved the CaseLabs designs.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25279 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 11:38:57 »

Start Utube Career

Well,, it wouldn't help you ripping the CD if the CD came off a disc drive. ~7.8MB/s

But,  Let's say you had 50 cds to convert to Flac..

ANNNND you had 2x 512GB nvme SSDs

A 64 core cpu in this instance would certainly speed up the conversion process..

CDs were averaging 12x so double that, but you're right - not enough to stress a decent CPU core.  Now that you mention it though I did convert over 200 albums from wav (yes, need wavs to play on my Tera Player) to ogg to put on my phone, but as you know my crappy IGPU died so there's only one place to put an nvme drive on the ITX board and it's currently empty.  Wouldn't have my music collection on it anyway, it's still on proper hard drive!  Plus the script was only running one thread as I was too lazy to research how to do it properly.  Like I was trying to explain to a guy at work the other day who asked about my computer (you should have seen his face when I said i3 3 something, 8gb, single 4:3 monitor :))) - I'm an ex geek.  Or maybe just a depressed geek.  Either way my enthusiasm has long gone and my impatience that can only be tamed by having the near latest and greatest has waned.

It's half five, day wasted and no sign of the postman with my cpu.  Could have got a better/cheaper one if I'd put in some effort today which is annoying, as is the lack of a reply.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #25280 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 17:10:57 »
 Bought an apartment in 2007 at height of the Irish property boom. Still worth about half what I paid for it. Paid about a third of the mortgage off. Been living at home the whole time. I've had 4 tenants in there over that period and 2 of them completely wrecked the place.

Lately a squatter got in the spare room (tenant kept rest of the place perfect, but he's feeble and has mental issues got bullied by the other man). Threw him out two months ago and changed locks. Didn't go back till yesterday squatter had moved back in and there were suitcases full of clothes and empty beer cans up to my waist. Room absolutely destroyed and reeking. Took me and another person two hours to bring everything downstairs dump it in the carpark. Put a lock on the spare bedroom today that may deter the **** when doddery tenant let's him back in.

Being a landlord ****ing blows. Large part of this is my fault for being an absent landlord but I've had people from all sorts of economic backgrounds (one of them was very wealthy) trash my place for one reason or the other over and over. Not a scrap of warning either they're in there for years everything is dandy then they wreck it in the last few months.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 August 2018, 17:17:59 by Shapey Fiend »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25281 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 18:17:01 »
Bought an apartment in 2007 at height of the Irish property boom. Still worth about half what I paid for it. Paid about a third of the mortgage off. Been living at home the whole time. I've had 4 tenants in there over that period and 2 of them completely wrecked the place.

Lately a squatter got in the spare room (tenant kept rest of the place perfect, but he's feeble and has mental issues got bullied by the other man). Threw him out two months ago and changed locks. Didn't go back till yesterday squatter had moved back in and there were suitcases full of clothes and empty beer cans up to my waist. Room absolutely destroyed and reeking. Took me and another person two hours to bring everything downstairs dump it in the carpark. Put a lock on the spare bedroom today that may deter the **** when doddery tenant let's him back in.

Being a landlord ****ing blows. Large part of this is my fault for being an absent landlord but I've had people from all sorts of economic backgrounds (one of them was very wealthy) trash my place for one reason or the other over and over. Not a scrap of warning either they're in there for years everything is dandy then they wreck it in the last few months.

You want to check on them from time to time, evaluate their physical state, mental health..

Over time, anyone could deteriorate..  If you see that something isn't right,  try to get them out before damage is done..

Say something like, You need the place for your parents for a while.. Things like that.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25282 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 04:40:49 »
Finally got a reply from CPU guy - I did waste yesterday as it's not even been sent yet!  That means it will arrive on Tuesday when I'm out so I'll probably have to go collect it on Wednesday.  I've never left a nice private seller who's sent what they sold a negative feedback but seriously tempted, though two days isn't exactly long so it bothers me I'm being so petty about a first world problem.  eBay make enough money without charging this poor guy more...

In unrelated matters it's raining lots so today isn't a good day to go out even if I could do what I should have yesterday (I can't, it's Sunday) and my bike still isn't winter-ready so looks like I have a couple more days sitting in traffic to look forward to.  Also my backup computer won't boot the Linux install that possibly killed my decent CPU due to overheating so I can't access my music collection.

At least it's not hot?!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25283 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 10:15:47 »
You weren't able to chroot into the installation and fix the mbr/grub/fstab? If I had $20 for every freeze during kernel upgrades due to bad HDD I could probably buy a roaster by now...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25284 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 11:03:23 »
I wish it were fstab/grub but it's not, it's ACPI?  I really don't like this new kernel but it's not even a major revision so I can't believe they broke it...

201904-0
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25285 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 11:13:14 »
I'm not privy to the details. Good hunting ^-^

edit - side note...

Anyone else unable to see embedded youtube videos through GH (tried w/Chromium and FF)?

I see embedded YT videos on Hackaday just fine with all my browsers...
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 August 2018, 21:58:48 by csmertx »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25286 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 23:33:47 »

edit - side note...

Anyone else unable to see embedded youtube videos through GH (tried w/Chromium and FF)?

They're not showing up for me either.
FF version 61.0.2

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25287 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 06:11:20 »
I really don't want to be at work.... :confused:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25288 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 16:49:51 »

edit - side note...

They're not showing up for me either.
FF version 61.0.2

Whoop whoop, I see them now ^_^

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25289 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 17:24:51 »

Would anyone notice if you just went home during your lunch break? This can be surprisingly effective in an empty office, just send an email apologizing you forgot to clock out the next morning.
Not that I'm recommending this, just saying.  :rolleyes:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25290 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 17:47:57 »

Would anyone notice if you just went home during your lunch break? This can be surprisingly effective in an empty office, just send an email apologizing you forgot to clock out the next morning.
Not that I'm recommending this, just saying.  :rolleyes:

Unfortunately yes, one of the supervisors always seems to want something at the very end of the day, oftentimes making me stay late to finish when he could have told me that morning and it would have been done in plenty of time.

And we don't really get a lunch break we just eat at our desks while we work.

Offline Starius

« Reply #25291 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 08:13:59 »
I can't find where I put my Marie Kondo book on decluttering. 

The irony is not lost on me.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25292 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 09:04:26 »

That was me this morning. Now it's 4PM and work is done.
What's bothering me is that I found out something about a friend of ours I'd rather I didn't. And now I don't know how to act around him.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25293 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 10:43:46 »

What's bothering me is that I found out something about a friend of ours I'd rather I didn't. And now I don't know how to act around him.

On this anatomically correct doll,  please indicate where the friend touched you inappropriately..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25294 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 12:03:21 »

On this anatomically correct doll,  please indicate where the friend touched you inappropriately..
I can't talk about it until the lawsuit is settled.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25295 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 17:38:28 »
6hr flight delay. Friggin sweet.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25297 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 00:59:49 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #25299 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 16:10:35 »
d-man hecking removed me as buddy  >:D
Very busy with studies atm.