Author Topic: [CTRL]ALT Blog  (Read 189622 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: [CTRL]ALT Blog
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:26:25 »
Nice interview, Sent and Booper! And thank you for the mentions. :D

im gonna be nagging you for an interview shortly sir, and we have a very very special one coming up soon
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:30:36 »
Really appreciate the kind words Sent and LastPilot. Finally got a chance to listen to the podcasts today and I really enjoyed them. Just wish my work internet would stop crapping out so I could listen to them on my work computer...

Offline scubaste

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:31:27 »
I had the same audio issue, but I thought the interview was great. Good job both of you guys! I am really enjoying the interviews/blog in general.  :thumb:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:36:15 »
I didn't realize that booper made caps other than the Astronaut, I'm diggin' the monkey. Keep the interviews coming Sent.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:40:40 »
Audio should be fixed.  If someone could confirm, that'd be great. 

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:42:04 »
Audio should be fixed.  If someone could confirm, that'd be great. 

Yep, fixed. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 16:45:46 »
Yep, fixed. :)

Awesome, awesome.  That was bothering me.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #257 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 17:12:35 »
yep, fixed
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline R1N3

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 05:47:41 »
Booper got that PMA.

Sent I wish you were a machine so I could enjoy new content like this daily, breh
Do me a solid and make the jd interview (at least) 5 hours long  :D

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 06:03:54 »
I'll extend the interviews if that's what people want.  It seems like people want longer ones from what I've been seeing.  I was worried they would be too long, already. :-X 

Perhaps the upcoming interview with a special guest will be longer.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 January 2015, 06:05:29 by Sent »

Offline R1N3

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 06:42:18 »
Well I legit live a life of leisure and already spend a good amount of time back-to-back marathoning new tvshow/podcast(sigh.. Serial) obsessions so it's not a big deal at all for me to listen to you talk all day  ;D BUT that might be unfair to other users who don't have all the time in the world.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 06:48:41 »
Sent, can you make the interviews downloadable on SoundCloud, it'd be highly appreciated.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 07:00:15 »
Sent, can you make the interviews downloadable on SoundCloud, it'd be highly appreciated.

Booper's interview and all future uploads should be downloadable from now on.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 07:06:12 »

Booper's interview and all future uploads should be downloadable from now on.

:-*

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:40:28 »
teaser of the next blog interview

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:41:26 »

Show Image

Meth lab?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:42:10 »

Show Image

making meth with Ctrl Alt

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:46:07 »

Show Image

Doing meth with Ctrl Alt

FTFY, it'll be a party!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:48:32 »
The interview with booper was just as good as the one with lastpilot IMO, and I can't wait until the next one.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:49:18 »
The interview with booper was just as good as the one with lastpilot IMO, and I can't wait until the next one.

we got a new one in the bag tonight, but after this one we are gonna invest in some audio stuff to make the quality better for everyone

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:51:04 »

we got a new one in the bag tonight, but after this one we are gonna invest in some audio stuff to make the quality better for everyone
:o As in uploading tonight? And the audio quality upgrade is much needed, it honestly sounds like it is recorded straight from Skype.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:52:56 »

:o As in uploading tonight? And the audio quality upgrade is much needed, it honestly sounds like it is recorded straight from Skype.

i think itll be up on monday

and yeah it is recorded from skype right now, and sents mic has a ton of hiss sadly, but we are getting that sorted out as its a format we are really enjoying

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:55:24 »

and yeah it is recorded from skype right now, and sents mic has a ton of hiss sadly, but we are getting that sorted out as its a format we are really enjoying
Even making a 2 person team speak and setting it to music quality setting @ 10 and recording through team speak sounds better than recording Skype, in case you are looking for an alternative.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 18:59:46 »

Even making a 2 person team speak and setting it to music quality setting @ 10 and recording through team speak sounds better than recording Skype, in case you are looking for an alternative.

yeah i have a good teamspeak and stuff as it is, its all in hand, but thank you for the advice, its gonna get bigger and better

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 19:00:44 »

yeah i have a good teamspeak and stuff as it is, its all in hand, but thank you for the advice, its gonna get bigger and better
I am excited, and are the interviews every Monday? Because at this point I watch/listen to enough podcasts that soon I will have one for everyday of the week.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 19:04:15 »

I am excited, and are the interviews every Monday? Because at this point I watch/listen to enough podcasts that soon I will have one for everyday of the week.

well we commit to doing one post a week on a monday, now that wont always be an interview but can be, then when we have time, we will post more stuff when we can, but there will always be a main post on a monday

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 19:04:50 »
Yup, we're getting into drugs.  Gonna start edging in on some of the local gangs. :))

As for the audio quality, Bunny already covered it.  When we started, I didn't think we'd be doing this many interviews.  Actually, I didn't think the interviews would be in an audio format.  However, since we are doing them this way and plan on doing many more, I'll be actually investing in a somewhat proper setup. 

The entries are every Monday, yes.  They may not always be an interview but there will always be something up on Monday.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 19:55:14 »
Yup, we're getting into drugs.  Gonna start edging in on some of the local gangs. :))

As for the audio quality, Bunny already covered it.  When we started, I didn't think we'd be doing this many interviews.  Actually, I didn't think the interviews would be in an audio format.  However, since we are doing them this way and plan on doing many more, I'll be actually investing in a somewhat proper setup. 

The entries are every Monday, yes.  They may not always be an interview but there will always be something up on Monday.

Nice.  Good job on everything so far and am interested to see what you do next.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 19:59:55 »
Great interview, I loved the podcasts kmiller8 did a while back, and I'm so glad new episodes of these will be coming out! It's really fun getting to know the members around here better.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 06:57:06 »
Yeay! Is it Bro?

Love the interviews, and I enjoyed the podcasts by kmiller8, as well as the Google Hangouts. Keep em coming.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:02:46 »

Show Image

#punk4lyfe

Offline R1N3

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 08:35:23 »

If it's audio gear you need, I've AT LEAST got a nice small preamp that I'd give you for free if you'd be willing to cover shipping. Wish I woulda known sooner, I just gave away two different audio interfaces and a mic to local musicians on Monday.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #282 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 16:05:12 »
If it's audio gear you need, I've AT LEAST got a nice small preamp that I'd give you for free if you'd be willing to cover shipping. Wish I woulda known sooner, I just gave away two different audio interfaces and a mic to local musicians on Monday.

Appreciate it, R1N3, but I think we (ctrl alt) has it covered...I think. :D  I'm ok with giving stuff to others but I always feel a bit odd receiving stuff.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:28:26 »
I agree!

I'll extend the interviews if that's what people want.  It seems like people want longer ones from what I've been seeing.  I was worried they would be too long, already. :-X 

Perhaps the upcoming interview with a special guest will be longer.
yes i'd actually enjoy longer interviews as the i felt the booper interview got suddenly cut off, you're blue balling us! (i know this contradicts what i said before, sorry....)
what! i'm not special enough for a long interview? lol

Show Image

Doing meth with Ctrl Alt

FTFY, it'll be a party!
Meth party!!! I think we're on a list now lol

Appreciate it, R1N3, but I think we (ctrl alt) has it covered...I think. :D  I'm ok with giving stuff to others but I always feel a bit odd receiving stuff.
Although i understand your feelings about it, i think all of us here would much rather you guys ask even if you can afford it! not that i have any audio stuff to provide but if i did i would be more than happy to help out!
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 January 2015, 20:29:57 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:16:17 »
http://blog.ctrlalt.io/articles/interview-punksdead

Bam.  Interview with PunksDead with a guest star. :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:19:43 »

#TheHypeIsReal

what you get this time is just me, Bunny, and Punk shooting the ****

I know what I'm doing tonight.   :cool:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:23:51 »
Oh god...I need that paranoid purple warus, and awesome! Gonna give it a listen since I just got to work!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:25:04 »
#TheHypeIsReal

what you get this time is just me, Bunny, and Punk shooting the ****

I know what I'm doing tonight.   :cool:

It was still a bit formal-ish but everything was pretty much just on the spot.

Oh god...I need that paranoid purple warus, and awesome! Gonna give it a listen since I just got to work!

Right!?  I want a walrus-bro, now. :(

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:25:28 »
Listening to it now. The pictures on the blog make me so excited. #hype

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:25:53 »
listening now :D

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:33:47 »
:D new interview!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 15:57:42 »

AHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHH!

Bunnys accent is sexy! :D  :-*

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:06:03 »

I'm a noob is it possible to download this? so I can listen offline?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:10:58 »

If you click on the title in the player, it will take you to the soundcloud page where you can download the interview
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:11:08 »

https://soundcloud.com/jonathan-chou-9/2015-01-07-bunny-and-hipster-interview

Download button should be there, now. :thumb:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:13:17 »
Also, everyone hits on some good points. I've been in love with the artisan community purely because of knowing the amount of time that each maker puts into their caps and the amount of creativity needed for them in the first place. Any time I do get into a sale, I feel as though it's a privilege. It really feels like you're getting a small piece of the maker and no matter the price, it will always be worth it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:14:26 »

Thanks! Going to burn this to a CD so I can listen on my drive home.

Edit: done

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:23:03 by SpAmRaY »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:31:28 »

(Attachment Link)
Hey fam, checkout my mixtape.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:34:33 »

(Attachment Link)

Ahahahaha, that's awesome, Ray.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #299 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 16:39:42 »

(Attachment Link)

we running bootlegs up in this piece