Author Topic: [IC] Vintage Keyboard Mega Lot  (Read 18450 times)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: [IC] Vintage Keyboard Mega Lot
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 20:02:48 »
I feel like  restoring this  MO110 is going to be a lot of work... But I'm still exited none the less to get it in full working order.  :)

I hope I can restore it to somewhere to the level of this:
http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/the-apple-m0110-today-t1067.html
It takes a few hours but is worth it
If I want some dyesub caps to put on the alphas, which apple KB do I want? M0116?

In this case the AEK II is your best bet, of these. But, watch out for the vertically mounted (90 degree rotated) switches on the function row.

I wont be using the function row but a m0116 might be better since it has a 1x \| key so I can put it up on the top there for hhkb layout.

Put be down for a m0116 please! (again: totally willing to split switches with someone. I *only* want the caps)

Offline SL89

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 21:34:09 »
Hi all,

Evan AKA nieva6173.89ejjb on eBay here. If you all want to put together a reasonable offer for these lots I'm more than happy to cancel the listings and hand everything off to dorkvader when they come to visit (or anyone else).

I don't really know what any of this is or what it's worth, but you all seem pretty interested. Any reasonable offer will be fine by me. Let me know if there are any more angles I should take photos of to post here so you can know what things are more accurately?

Thanks so much for your interest!
Evan

Hello again from the other thread! I am fairly local (as are a few others) and if you need help sorting through it all I figured I could lend a hand.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 00:26:16 »
Updated a form fill out, with my correct paypal information. Sorry about that.  :)

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:29:22 »
Group buy thread is now open here!
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline evan

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:33:15 »
I posted a similar message in the other thread about this collection, but figured it makes more sense to post it here:

Dorkvader came by earlier this morning and helped me go through a lot of the collection. He left with an entire car load of keyboards for the group buy. It turns out I'd initially miscounted some of the models that I'd posted on eBay, and we found more of some, so many of the original numbers are now incorrect. He has photos of it all and is planning on posting the entire collection later today (I think).

Many many thanks to XMIT, Xonar, SL89, and Dorkvader for taking the lead on this endeavor!

I've been seeing a bit of chatter from local people interested in coming and taking a look at everything. If anyone is interested, I'm open to the idea of freeing up a day next weekend (probably Sunday the 14th) as a sort of open house event to offer an opportunity take photos, make sales, and help me work out what all this is and what I should do with it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:37:25 by evan »

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 14:14:35 »
If only I had a vehicle, or a ride from Philadelphia...
It sure would make things easier.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 21:38:25 »
everything has been taken out of my car.

If you bought a KB from him on eBay I have it here with me.

I am organizing with everyone to see how best to deal with this.

Pictures in the first link appear to be about 45 - 50 kbs.
I believe I took home about 78 - 82 KBs today.

I will be posting be in the GB topic from now on https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72620.0

Offline wylie

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 02:56:16 »
like it.old fashion stuff.