Author Topic: [GB] LZ IRON TKL Group Buy (COMPLETED)  (Read 59698 times)

Offline wodan

Re: [GB] LZ IRON TKL Group Buy (COMPLETED)
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 00:05:39 »
Wanted to share my LZ Iron build stream!

Offline ectoplasmatic

Re: [GB] LZ IRON TKL Group Buy : (shiped)
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 14:03:16 »
Having some major issues with the firmware / JigOn Software -- if anyone can be of assistance.

((I have flashed the leeku pcb with the latest firmware multiple times & am using the latest version of JigOn))
((I have tried another PC / various usb ports))
((I have also reviewed the english documentation  found here:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83950.0))

Basically -- Upon plugging in the board it doesnt actually type regularly (even after mapping in jigon) it does these weird macro inputs & changes some properties of how my pc works (can't dbl left click to open files)

Furthermore, left alt is working is no longer working(checked -- wasn't a cold joint, etc.) and the left rgb for the left side frosted insert went out after working for some time.

Any help is appreciated.

:-X

So it turns out that scroll lock was toggled, so I had to remap it via JigOn ---and so that weird interaction was solved.

Also fixed my left alt by desoldering the switch completely and resoldering it back !

now the only issue I have is the left RBG led is dead -- i tried adding solder to the showing points but to no avail. I also read in the Compact SQ thread that other people were having similar issues and they touched up the solder in some of the other rgb leds (that also didn't work)

Am I out of luck? Do I simply order another LED from mouser and replace it? (i believe the part number is ws2812b)

thanks~

Hey KetchyKech, love your build! just built my own LZ Iron and having the exact same problem as you -- could you elaborate on how you solved it? Thanks!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 18:13:42 »
Wanted to share my LZ Iron build stream!

Nice Colour choice, which I didn't make and now regret.

Although this keyboard alone weighs more than any other TKL that has been made thus far.  Love it's heftiness and of course it's style, thanks to you know who..... 8)

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
Re: [GB] LZ IRON TKL Group Buy : (shiped)
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 18:31:06 »
Having some major issues with the firmware / JigOn Software -- if anyone can be of assistance.

((I have flashed the leeku pcb with the latest firmware multiple times & am using the latest version of JigOn))
((I have tried another PC / various usb ports))
((I have also reviewed the english documentation  found here:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83950.0))

Basically -- Upon plugging in the board it doesnt actually type regularly (even after mapping in jigon) it does these weird macro inputs & changes some properties of how my pc works (can't dbl left click to open files)

Furthermore, left alt is working is no longer working(checked -- wasn't a cold joint, etc.) and the left rgb for the left side frosted insert went out after working for some time.

Any help is appreciated.

:-X

So it turns out that scroll lock was toggled, so I had to remap it via JigOn ---and so that weird interaction was solved.

Also fixed my left alt by desoldering the switch completely and resoldering it back !

now the only issue I have is the left RBG led is dead -- i tried adding solder to the showing points but to no avail. I also read in the Compact SQ thread that other people were having similar issues and they touched up the solder in some of the other rgb leds (that also didn't work)

Am I out of luck? Do I simply order another LED from mouser and replace it? (i believe the part number is ws2812b)

thanks~

Hey KetchyKech, love your build! just built my own LZ Iron and having the exact same problem as you -- could you elaborate on how you solved it? Thanks!

PM'd
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline lshlsh1995

Re: [GB] LZ IRON TKL Group Buy : (open for orders)
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 05:24:49 »
o0o0o0oh boy those extra colors can make for some awesome combos~

probably will order within the next few days  :))
Hi.
thx :)

Hi LifeZ. I just started collecting keyboard and I bought a LZ IRON from a nice guy. The trade went well. The only thing I want to ask you about is that if you have extra BLUE LZ IRON Bottom Case by any chance? The one I got has its both top and bottom cases red. If you do have extra can I buy it from you? Or if you don't have extra but you have one for your own collection, are you willing to maybe trade it with my Red bottom case? I really loved your work and I will appreciate if you can help with this. (I do want it so badly!!!)

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 09:50:40 »
o0o0o0oh boy those extra colors can make for some awesome combos~

probably will order within the next few days  :))
Hi.
thx :)

Hi LifeZ. I just started collecting keyboard and I bought a LZ IRON from a nice guy. The trade went well. The only thing I want to ask you about is that if you have extra BLUE LZ IRON Bottom Case by any chance? The one I got has its both top and bottom cases red. If you do have extra can I buy it from you? Or if you don't have extra but you have one for your own collection, are you willing to maybe trade it with my Red bottom case? I really loved your work and I will appreciate if you can help with this. (I do want it so badly!!!)

Hey Kin from Txkeyboards.com apparently has some plz iron top and bottom plate extras for sale.  Thought you can’t just buy the bottom. You would have to purchase the set.

Send him a support ticket through his website and he should get back to you.
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline JDragon

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 12:25:39 »
So I have a RGB LED stuck red on Windows and Mac, but for some reason works fine on Ubuntu... anyone have any idea what's wrong here? Firmware flashes don't fix it.

Offline mbljs5555

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 13:54:11 »
Wooh this was cool!

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 00:17:12 »
anyone got an extra PCB / plate

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 01:13:41 »
anyone got an extra PCB / plate

kin might, see if you can get in touch with him
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chriskeebs1911

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 09:39:14 »
Anyone know how one might go about getting an extra pcb?  Also, if anyone here happens to have the plate file?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 14:48:01 »
Anyone know how one might go about getting an extra pcb?  Also, if anyone here happens to have the plate file?

try PMing LZ, he's typically pretty responsive

if that doesn't work, kin (txkeyboards) sometimes has parts for these lying around as well

no guarantees, as the GB for this was forever ago
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90