Author Topic: [GB] SA Oblivion - CONCLUDED  (Read 281522 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Massdrop Q3 2017, Updated 14.03.2017)
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 16:19:57 »
Alright, time for an update.

Here is the current revision of all the kits that are intended to be available in the SA Oblivion groupbuy scheduled to come to Massdrop around Q3 of this year. I'll try to get a updated estimated date soon, Yanbo is currently in china, but we will be having a chat next week when he is back. I'm very happy with the current iteration, it would not have been possible if the GB was pushed ahead earlier, so in hindsight I am very glad that it is taking so long. I'll be redoing keyboard renders from scratch in the coming weeks to show off the new changes, and generally updating them since I improved some rendering techniques since the last ones were created. I'll be updating the GitHub page accordingly when that is done.

Also, I'll have the kits priced out by Yanbo in the coming weeks so I can make sure that everything is in line, especially with the Git and Assembly legends used. This will give me some time to adjust if necessary before the drop.

I'll be doing this update changelog style like t0mb3ry likes to do, so here we go

- Added BFP and RAS accent colors, see Monochrome Modifier kit for usage

- Removed F5 - F8 from the Alphas kits, you can get them via the new Alternate Function Colors kit

- Replaced R3 1.75u CONTROL key with FUNCTION. The control key is only used by HHKB layout people as far as I am aware, and they need to grab the specialties kit anyways so I moved it there. The FUNCTION key is offered by default to replace CAPS LOCK, I hope TKL and 60% people will adopt this key, like seriously, who needs Caps Lock in 2017
- META key has been replaced by FUNC
- blue CODE keys have been added to allow for a unicolor bottom row, I've come to appreciate it.
- ALT GRAPH key has been included to take some weight off the NorDeUK kit which would have had all 4 version of this key in it (2x 1.25u, 2x 1.5u). Also some ANSI people like to use it, and personally I find it rather pretty, I'll be using it too.

- Moved legends around, can't be arsed to list them all, not really needed anyways. Just look at how its now :P (includes some changes in Git Specialties kit)
- PULL and FETCH are also available in blue and orange/red now
- Removed numpad INIT key, moved it to the appropriate kit (and changed to APPLY)

- FUNCTION key
- ALT GRAPH key
- HoneyCadet accent keys! I wanted to make the set a bit more attractive. While I really appreciate the Monochrome look, and personally I feel like I'm looking more forward to GMK Oblivion with Monochrome Addon than the default legends, I think after some time one could feel like spicing it up a bit. Initially I wanted to make this a separate kit, but after rendering it with regular Oblivion modifiers, I realized there is no point in doing that because it looks super meh when combined with those.

Edit: this change was actually originally suggested by WASD_Greg (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=84978.msg2310271#msg2310271), I wasn't happy with how OAV looked as accent keys so I went with the Honeywell red instead, and paired it with SpaceCadet blue.

- Replaced horizontal ENTER with vertical RETURN. This gives a nicer color distribution across the key and looks less cramped.
- Added APPLY and LOG keys for Git legends, APPLY was previously INIT in the Git Modifiers kit, and the NumLock key was supposed to be filled with the GIT key from the regular modifiers which required the Git icon to be used as escape, or vice versa. But I felt someone might want to have the keyboard legends only, without having to use the meme GIT GUD key.

- Added 1.5u ALT GRAPH
- Added second 1u ALT and 1u CTRL
- Replaced both 1u SYS and META with CODE
- Added blue CODE keys for unicolor bottom row
- Added HOME and END keys
- Added R3 1.75u CONTROL key that was previously in the standard modifiers kit
- Added R3 stepped FUNC key, I love my layers

- See above, more or less

- See above above, more or less, more or less

- Added blue R1 POP and JMP to fill the voids of Preonic layouts. Ideally the colorway starts with orange/red at the top, but it would have required to add a lot of keys so that the color pattern can be applied to both Preonic and Planck layouts. So I think starting Preonic with blue at the top is the best solution. An alternative idea was to have them in GAL color (Monochrome) but that seemed more off.
- Removed green R3 ADD and SUB, previously they were ment to add the green color to all the other R3 keys so that this kit could be used to fill a bunch of macro keys like a RAMA M-10 or on the VE.A, but I added a new appropriate kit for that purpose. See below.

- Now with two blue 1.5u keys instead of two orange/red ones, since blue is the more prominent color in the bottom row after all.

- No changes required

- No changes required either

- Still nope

- This will probably get a couple people upset, but I felt it had to be done. I merged the entire international support into a single NorDeUK kit, the same way it has been done on SA Carbon Round 2. Having two alpha colors is a PITA, so splitting off the international customers into more groups seems like a bad move, it is more likely to succeed this way IMO. I alleviated the price of these kits a bit by moving the ALT GRAPH to the standard/specialty kits, and also dropped the R2 Z key that Carbon has, the R4 Z from regular Alphas is identical when turned 180 degrees. So I see these kits starting at something like 62,99 or so now instead of 69,99 like on Carbon. While the Orange NorDeUK kit is suffering on Carbon, the ratio between Beige and Orange alphas is also like 6 to 1 on that drop, unlike Oblivion where in the GMK run it was 3 to 2 or so, a much more balanced ratio. So I'm crossing my fingers that this is the right move. If someone is super loaded and you'd like to contribute, pick one up or two please to help the international fellas out!  ;)

- New kit, makes a unicolored function row possible. Desired by some TKL users and also 75%/96key that wish to have a big block of alpha colors instead of F5 to F8 cutting in as modifier colored keys.

- New kit, bringing the assembly legends to the TKL portion of TKL/Fullsize keebs. No unicolored row possible here, would add another 16 keys to the kit. Sorry! The extra R3 key is so you can use them on 65%/75% layouts as well to fill the right side. Separate HCF as it is more a novelty key (short for Halt and Catch Fire, not part of the original x86 instruction set, so it is kept optional as someone might get triggered. It is a nod to the TV show of the same name)

- New kit, lets you fill Macro keys such as M-10 keypad, VE.A macro block etc. Uniform R3.

- Yep, that's what arrows look like

- You guessed it, these are Spacebars

- For when you break your keeb in half

- Heathen

- New kit, for those among you that get hard on LED's. Might not make it into the GB, I noticed on Carbon that the LED keys account for noticeable price differences between kits, so I have a bad feeling about this one. Going by the differences on Carbon kits, I would guesstimate this kit at 50+ dollars, but maybe I am wrong and not seeing some other factors, will get it priced and then decide.

- Brand new GeekHack logo, text only was lame so I created this icon, inspired by the DT logo. Big thanks to t0mb3ry for vectorizing it and suggesting the use of Cherry font, it looks fantastic now
- Using t0mb3ry's RMK logo, thanks again
- Purple key has been decided on my part, but waiting for confirmation. Initially I wanted to make this the Octocat logo from Github, but sadly they did not permit me to use it (https://assets-cdn.github.com/images/modules/logos_page/GitHub-Mark.png)

While I will keep this IC open for discussion, I do not intend to make any changes to these kits besides fixing errors. I'll say >intend< as I am awaiting pricing now, and also because locking the kits the last two times didn't work either. The only things on my list that I had to cut out is support for Filco, and with it support for the new 60% layouts with dedicated arrows as they were utilizing 2u and 1u shift keys as well. Supporting Filco apart from APP key and using CODE and or FUNC instead of the two FN keys would have required another 3 keys to be added to the specialties kits, and two 3u keys to the Spacekeys kit. While that does not seem like much, I have to draw a line and keep the Specialties kits down in price. There are three of them, and while SA Oblivion has received great reception from the community, I don't have solid sales data on it yet so I can't just throw a 50+ dollar kit out there (which even started out as a 80 dollar kit) like Carbon and expect it to sell like hot cakes. I wish to be more in line with Chocolatier/Godspeed in this sector. Sorry again, but sacrifices have to be made.

Thanks everyone for checking this out, and I'll keep you posted on the update regarding drop date.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 June 2017, 16:45:24 by Oblotzky »

Offline Arallu

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Massdrop Q3 2017, Updated June 7th 2017)
« Reply #551 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 17:56:11 »
Lots of changes and lots of extra keys! Hope it doesn't get super costly but then again massdrop pricing is pretty good.
The old spacebar kit had the modifier grey 2u/2.75u spacebars, I don't see them now, only the alpha grey in the spacekeys kit?
Also, I kinda prefer FN to FUNC, at least on the 1u keys.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #552 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 18:40:37 »
goodness. i want this more than carbon and i've spent so much on carbon. good thing it'll be a while before the drop comes.

looks great :)

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #553 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 19:43:39 »
 Just wanted to point out to anyone considered Oblivion + Carbon combinations: The macros.asm + Carbon Adaptive Alphas could cover a MIT/Grid Planck or Preonic.

Offline thinksimple

« Reply #554 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 19:54:31 »
Yes to the new Monochrome Mods!
Yea to the tenkeyless.asm!
Yess to the LEDs!

Looks like I will be having a mod shopping spree soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #555 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 01:18:31 »
I am a bit sad that there are no ISO Enter keys with HoneyCadet accents.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #556 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 02:14:51 »

There are ISO Honey colored keys in stock here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/R6_leftovers

Offline bun

« Reply #557 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 05:53:16 »
WOW :eek:

Those monochrome modifier honeycadet accents are beautiful. I didn't see them the last time I checked in on this thread.

The git keys are nice but not quite to my tastes... but after seeing the new changes i'll definitely be picking up the monochrome modifiers as well as both sets of the alphas.

Now, it's been a while since i've written any assembly but those .asm caps make me want to get back into it just so I can build a macropad with them on it because why not?

What a time to be alive  ;D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #558 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 05:58:00 »
Show Image

And again, no 1.75u R4 for R-SHIFT  :'(   

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #559 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:01:04 »

Rightfully so, but I hope you can see why I can't support those too. One ISO-Return key adds like 6$ to a kit. I hope you can find one via 7bit as gnarlsagan suggested!

Show Image

You'll find it in the specialties kit

WOW :eek:

Those monochrome modifier honeycadet accents are beautiful. I didn't see them the last time I checked in on this thread.

That's because they didn't exist the last time ;)

Offline fouras

« Reply #560 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:04:09 »
Show Image

Makes sense to me. It's just weird to have R1 delete, end, and page down there when layouts that use them still need stuff from a specialties kit. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #561 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:06:43 »
Show Image

Makes sense to me. It's just weird to have R1 delete, end, and page down there when layouts that use them still need stuff from a specialties kit. Maybe I'm missing something though.

You can build a 96key that utilizes them with just Alphas, Modifiers and Numpad. I didn't want to put them into the specialties kit because of that, but also not into the numpad kit because then they'd be inaccessible for those building a 65%/75% (I like to use R1 Delete next to Backspace on 65%, and 75% has room in the top row for them)

Offline fouras

« Reply #562 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:18:29 »
Show Image

You can build a 96key that utilizes them with just Alphas, Modifiers and Numpad. I didn't want to put them into the specialties kit because of that, but also not into the numpad kit because then they'd be inaccessible for those building a 65%/75% (I like to use R1 Delete next to Backspace on 65%, and 75% has room in the top row for them)
Seems like a rare layout to support with one of the main kits. I almost never see 96-key boards without arrows. Isn't it more common for someone to only need a nonstandard Rshift than only the top row delete and stuff? I guess it's not a big deal though, three caps probably won't affect the modifiers' price much.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:20:08 by fouras »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #563 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:20:45 »
Show Image

Seems like a rare layout to support with one of the main kits. I almost never see 96-key boards without arrows. Isn't it more common for someone to only need a nonstandard Rshift than only the top row delete and stuff? I guess it's not a big deal though, three caps probably won't affect the modifiers' price much.

True, its rather uncommon but as I wrote not the only reason but multiple, so I think its fair.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #564 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:27:18 »

You'll find it in the specialties kit 

Yeah but again, you will need to buy an extra kit for it, just like the actualy modifiers extension. 

Please don't do the same as T0mb3ry, add the 1.75u R4,  there are tons of keyboards using it. 
Yeah you still need some other keys for 75/96 but you can still use novelties or artisan to complete your keyboards, same thing for the Carbon, if i had a 1.75u R4 i could pass the extension kit and still build a complete 96/75 with novelties.  Also your modifiers are more than carbon modifiers (4 extra keycaps on the last column) so again, I will need only a 1.75u to complete the keyboard.  There are many extra keycaps in every sets, keycaps that people don't needs and they are fine with this, i don't see why adding a 1.75u is so impossible, is just an extra key that will make happy many many people. 
It is worth in your opinion to have a 1/2$ less expensive modifiers without a 1.75u and make upset so many people?

There are enough layouts and upcoming keyboards with a 1.75u shift. Extra 40/50$ for always this key is what i hate of current kits (also will end up to be 60$ with taxes and extra taxes). 
Knowing how much you're devoted to this, I really thought you'd put it in Oblivion. 

I prefer to give up on a double 1.75u R3 in modifiers (capslock+function), but have a 1.75u R4 so i don't need to buy an extra kit for it.       

Also, tkl is still the most popular one yes, but more we go ahead, more the 1.75 r-shift gain popularity, 2.75 shift is a thing of the past, which is destined to die, it is literally a useless key, and considering this set will arrive in 2018/2019 (?) even more keebs with a 1.75 r-shift instead of a 2.75 will pop out on the market. 

Who will need the extension kit will still buy the extension kit, while who only needs that 1.75u will just give up on it, I believe most of the people that will need that 1.75u only, will skip the extension/specialties  kit  anyway. 

Please O-god, improve that kit, or maybe a 1.75u R4 in a novelties kit :'(

« Last Edit: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:53:56 by KaosJ »

Offline phitsc

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 07:54:49 »
I am very upset about the changes to the international kit! ;D

My gripe is not about merging everything into one kit. I would be more than happy to support other international keyboard enthusiasts. However, the fact that you have added Alt Gr symbols onto most of the keys makes them completely unusable for me (Swiss German keyboard kayout). Many of the Swiss German keys are the same as on the German layout, with exception of the Alt Gr symbols. I.e. We also have [7 /], [8 (], [9 )], [0 =]. We have a couple more which are different, but I could get over those. I liked the international kit keys currently still on the github site better because they lack the Alt Gr symbols. It might sound stupid but this change completely ruins this amazing set for me. At least you might have considered adding a complete alternative for the number keys, like Carbon has. Well, Carbon actually has two (the rolling bones kit and the Flex kit). E.g. you could have added a kit with binary 0 - 9 (or 0 - 12 to make them usable for F-keys as well) on R1 or something.

It's a great keycap set however!

Offline Arallu

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 10:52:38 »
Any thought on adding the GQM color set to spacekeys? I guess if you want split spacebar in that color you need the whole 40bit kit?
Also, for the arrows, you could add 2 more keys for full R3/R4 set, like one of these colors:
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 June 2017, 11:05:47 by Arallu »

Offline imprevade

« Reply #567 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 10:56:30 »
I know it's not status quo currently to have the 1.75u Shift in the standard modifiers, but I think it's an interesting idea. It's is becoming increasingly more common to split the right shift, and this might be an opportunity to lead the way in future base modifier design.

Also, the Honeywell/SpaceCadet mods look fantastic. They actually have me wishing there was a novelty kit with reverse modifiers. How tasty would some red, blue, green, yellow, and purple keys look mixed in with the Oblivion and Git modifier kits? Maybe something you could explore?

Can't wait to drop some serious cash on this set!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #568 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 04:37:52 »
Any thought on adding the GQM color set to spacekeys? I guess if you want split spacebar in that color you need the whole 40bit kit?
Also, for the arrows, you could add 2 more keys for full R3/R4 set, like one of these colors:
Show Image

That arrows kit makes sense for Carbon since that is 112344 sculpted. He included both rows so it can bei regular arrows or replace WASD. With Oblivion being 112343 there is no use for a all R4 arrow row. Current ones allow for regular, WASD, VIM and that weird one some like to use on I JK an M keys

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #569 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 05:33:33 »
I know it's not status quo currently to have the 1.75u Shift in the standard modifiers, but I think it's an interesting idea. It's is becoming increasingly more common to split the right shift, and this might be an opportunity to lead the way in future base modifier design.

This. 

Honestly i expected keycaps designers to add the 1.75 in modifiers time ago, sadly still everyone uses the normal modifiers and the 1.75 in a extra kit.   Not sure why they do not want to adapt to the actual market request, that includes the splitted r-shift in so many keyboards. 
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 June 2017, 05:37:53 by KaosJ »

Offline online

« Reply #570 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 09:59:53 »
Is it too late to add 3u spacebar for Filco Minila?

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #571 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 23:29:17 »
The more I look at these kits, the happier I am with SA Oblivion and how it has come together over the months. The legend colors and the monochrome accents and the macro.asm kit and ugh! Everything is just so good; I'm probably going to spend way more than I originally anticipated. Can't wait to see the new-and-improved renders!

Offline thinksimple

« Reply #572 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 23:58:07 »
The more I look at these kits, the happier I am with SA Oblivion and how it has come together over the months. The legend colors and the monochrome accents and the macro.asm kit and ugh! Everything is just so good; I'm probably going to spend way more than I originally anticipated. Can't wait to see the new-and-improved renders!
Holding back from Carbon for this! A pity this will arrive quite a fair bit later...

Offline deeoh

« Reply #573 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 13:06:07 »

Holding back from Carbon for this! A pity this will arrive quite a fair bit later...

Me too! It's hard and I'm not sure I'll be successful,  but I'm trying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #574 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 17:11:59 »

Even better. While I didn't want to put any more burden on the specialty kits (from here on out to be called Extension kits, more in line with the programming theme), I do not see a problem in supporting it properly with its own kit. Alphas + Mods + This will cover you

also added a label to the 2u key in macros.asm (and thus a second 2u key for monochrome)

changed the R2 comfort arrow for the standard modifier kits to R3, makes more sense IMO, R2 is too much uphill this early in the layout

and just got confirmation in, so here's the fifth community key, it's the KP logo from the distributer of pretty much all sets that MD runs lately for the asian market. they have also build a growing community around it so it seems appropriate

also here are the first renders showing off the new honeycadet accents for monochrome!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #575 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 18:37:51 »
Oooh I like that positive-reverse GEEK HACK key. <3

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #576 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 00:59:44 »
Plugins.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #577 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 01:14:52 »
Plugins.

I like that one, but since Extension is equally fitting and is already being used in the keycap context through Carbon R2, I'd like to not introduce yet another word for the same thing. We already have Tsafox, Non-standard Adapter, Specialties and now Extension  ;)

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #578 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 15:16:26 »
those accents are gorgeous!

Offline haydoselefantes

« Reply #579 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 16:50:56 »
Excited about the stepped and windowed "Push" caps lock.  Do all those caps lock keys have stems in the center?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #580 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 17:13:54 »
Excited about the stepped and windowed "Push" caps lock.  Do all those caps lock keys have stems in the center?

Only regular ones are centered, the stepped ones are off center to the left, basically in the center of the touch-surface.

Offline haydoselefantes

« Reply #581 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 17:48:50 »
Only regular ones are centered, the stepped ones are off center to the left, basically in the center of the touch-surface.

Bummer - the stepped ones won't work on my Leopold FC750.  Its factory keycaps came with a center stem stepped caps lock, but I guess that's a rarity.  Thanks for the reply, in any case.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #582 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 00:06:16 »
When you let RAMA work his magic

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #583 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 00:24:49 »

Show Image

v nice pic

seems like that'd be the tallest **** though
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #584 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 01:29:37 »

Show Image

It just affirms that I really need this set for my 65'
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline sinisterTypist

« Reply #585 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 12:54:25 »
A 1.25 CapsLock for us old-school UNIX layout typists would make this set completely endgame. I'm still probably buying sets to cover three boards  :))

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #586 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 05:13:28 »
A 1.25 CapsLock for us old-school UNIX layout typists would make this set completely endgame. I'm still probably buying sets to cover three boards  :))

I'm afraid that's too exotic to be part of the Extension kits :/

A compilation I made yesterday showing off the various ways of combining alphas and modifiers

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #587 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 12:09:31 »
In a bigger size, that could make for a very cool desktop wallpaper.

Belated note, but super-pleased to see the macros.asm kit.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #588 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 13:55:52 »

You mean wider? Cuz the image is 4096 by 4096 ;) You could crop it top and bottom to achieve 16:9 aspect ratio.

Edit: here u go

« Last Edit: Sun, 18 June 2017, 14:00:39 by Oblotzky »

Offline sinisterTypist

« Reply #589 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 14:32:09 »

I'm afraid that's too exotic to be part of the Extension kits :/

A compilation I made yesterday showing off the various ways of combining alphas and modifiers

Show Image

I understand... I think I'll end up using the Alt Graph key for Caps Lock, which will be close enough. Can't wait for this to drop, thanks for all of your hard work!

Offline fouras

« Reply #590 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 17:10:30 »
Would getting a R3 "up" cap be possible? There's one for the arrows but not a text version.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #591 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 17:45:50 »
Would getting a R3 "up" cap be possible? There's one for the arrows but not a text version.

changed the R2 comfort arrow for the standard modifier kits to R3, makes more sense IMO, R2 is too much uphill this early in the layout

Show Image

;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 June 2017, 17:48:55 by Oblotzky »

Offline fouras

« Reply #592 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 18:07:10 »
You know, I remember that post, but as being for Carbon and several months ago. Whoops.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #593 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 18:24:24 »

You mean wider? Cuz the image is 4096 by 4096 ;) You could crop it top and bottom to achieve 16:9 aspect ratio.

Edit: here u go

Show Image

Doh, didn't realize the sizing before, sorry for that. The cropped version looks great thanks :)
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #594 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 18:43:00 »

I know exactly where you're coming from.  I believe SA Oblivion and SA Carbon are both using GQM for their grey modifiers.  I assume you're looking to put the caps lock in the bottom row on the far left, under the left shift.  SA Oblivion is using R3 for the bottom row.  Take a look at the "Exotic Kit" for the SA Carbon drop on Massdrop right now.  It has a 1.25 SA R3 Caps Lock in GQM grey, with the legend in orange.  If you use the SA Oblivion colored modifiers instead of the monochrome modifiers, it'll fit right in (even if you wouldn't otherwise have any orange in SA Oblivion).

Offline online

« Reply #595 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 19:14:16 »

Even better. While I didn't want to put any more burden on the specialty kits (from here on out to be called Extension kits, more in line with the programming theme), I do not see a problem in supporting it properly with its own kit. Alphas + Mods + This will cover you

Show Image

also added a label to the 2u key in macros.asm (and thus a second 2u key for monochrome)

Show Image

Show Image

and just got confirmation in, so here's the fifth community key, it's the KP logo from the distributer of pretty much all sets that MD runs lately for the asian market. they have also build a growing community around it so it seems appropriate

Show Image

also here are the first renders showing off the new honeycadet accents for monochrome!

Show Image

Show Image

THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE OF MINILA. I will be all over this keyset, sure will get most of the kit to future proof it.
P.S. Can't wait to receive the GMK Oblivion sometime this year!!!!

Offline sinisterTypist

« Reply #596 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 00:04:34 »

I know exactly where you're coming from.  I believe SA Oblivion and SA Carbon are both using GQM for their grey modifiers.  I assume you're looking to put the caps lock in the bottom row on the far left, under the left shift.  SA Oblivion is using R3 for the bottom row.  Take a look at the "Exotic Kit" for the SA Carbon drop on Massdrop right now.  It has a 1.25 SA R3 Caps Lock in GQM grey, with the legend in orange.  If you use the SA Oblivion colored modifiers instead of the monochrome modifiers, it'll fit right in (even if you wouldn't otherwise have any orange in SA Oblivion).

That's a great idea -- I wasn't paying too close attention because the bottom row for Carbon is R4. It doesn't help with a monochrome set, but I bet it would look good paired with stock Oblivion.

Offline hormbre

• I am not played by keycaps = =!
« Reply #597 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 05:03:42 »
Amazing ! Can't wait anymore  :p :p :p

Offline online

« Reply #598 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 06:52:44 »
What is the minimum of order of each kit? I wonder can the minila kit will have enough order to make it through to production. :-[

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #599 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 07:13:39 »
What is the minimum of order of each kit? I wonder can the minila kit will have enough order to make it through to production. :-[

25, I'm putting my faith in the Asian community for that kit. If it doesn't tip, then its no real loss as that would not affect other layouts.