Author Topic: 2017: What are your keyboard plans?  (Read 80884 times)

Offline loud_asian

Re: 2017: What are your keyboard plans?
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 23:53:55 »
Huh, thought I posted before but I looks like I haven't (or maybe I'm blind)

Keyboards:
1. Receive and build Duck Viper v2. I'm thinking of putting in some zealios with linear stems.
2. Receive and build 2 X60's. One in alps, one in mx. SKCL Greens for the alps and MX Silents for the mx, I'm thinking 68g springs for the silents.
3. Receive and build LZ CLS. Vintage blacks with 68g springs.
4. Receive and build 2 Miras. One with ergo clears, one with vintage blacks.
5. Receive and build DOLPHIN. Vintage mx blacks w/ 65g springs. Maybe nixdorfs depending on my mood.
6. Pick up Revo HHKB

Keycaps:
1. Receive GMK Dolch
2. Pick up GMK Oblivion
3. Pick up GMK Solarized Dark
4. Pick up GMK Yuri
4. Pick up GMK Oblivion
5. Pick up GMK Nautilus
6. Pick up GMK Black Lotus(black lotus when?)
7. Pick up some OG Dyesubs

then at the end of the year, I'll sell everything off and quit my addiction 8)
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:46:18 »
Aaaand I just noticed the GMK Vista IC.  I suppose 2017 wasn't going to be as quiet as I was hoping it was going to be after all.

Offline killyou

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 05:12:35 »
1. Get Vortex Pok3r with MX Clear switches
2. Get Nautilus keycaps set once released
3. Maybe get 78g Zealios switches for the Pok3r

Offline dante

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 10:47:58 »
`
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 August 2017, 07:59:33 by dante »

Offline CapnHighlands

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 21:00:32 »
I figured this was a reasonable thread to post this to. I finally came up with my endgame concept and then delivered. Here it is:

Gateron Black HHKB with FaceW PCB, plate mount stabs and a LaserGist plate. The case is a black walnut Royal Glam and the keycaps are a custom DSA set from Sig Plastics (though it is literally just Granite with RGBYO mods).

I believe I posted about this along with a Golbat earlier in this thread. Either way, adding another keyboard success to 2017!

Offline taylorswiftttttt

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 23:38:18 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 November 2022, 16:16:58 by taylorswiftttttt »

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:58:55 »
I would really love to get ahold of an assembled RS96 Ver 3 with the RGB controller, that is my dream setup right now.  I was never in love with the significant tradeoffs you make to usability with 60% boards.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:12:24 »
Get and build a custom 75% board I've always wanted and fit some delicious keycaps on it (thinking GMK Oblivion right now! Kicking myself because I didn't get the add-on set for SP's DSA Skull Squadron set).

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #258 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:35:08 »
I've purged my collection twice now.  This time around, I'm planning on only buying what I know I will want to hang on to.  There will be an attempt to be highly selective.  I will only commit after some deep soul-searching and careful scrutiny of how each board fits my criteria.  That's the plan, at least... :-X

I will probably be weak.

Offline ndumdr

• Jung Wheein
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 23:35:52 »
Going to go get a Topre clone keyboard (ABKO Hacker? Plum 87?? Leaning towards ABKO) before I try out a Realforce/Leopold Topre. I'm also waiting for the PBT keycaps I got off AliExpress for my CM keyboard... TFW you're new to the keyboard game and have never tried PBT keycaps

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 09:35:44 »
- Receive and build KBD75
- Receive and build AMJ40 in high profile alu case
- Receive and build Massdrop Planck
- Receive Devlin Skidata, put on... something.
- Hopefully get in on Lightsaver GB and pair with GMK Oblivion
- Hopefully get in on SKOG GB
- Attempt to get 2nd hand HHKB at reasonable price, hope Rama HHKB case is available in pink, pair with that.
- Probably sell FC660m due to influx of new boards
- Design a keyset or two, maybe.
- Order some gherkin PCBs, make a custom case, maybe.
- Find time to type more.

Noob energy in full effect.

Offline Targa-TV

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 10:28:06 »
Learn how to solder properly.
Pray to Satan for an Infinity Ergodox in MD. WIP
Receive and build an Infinity Ergodox.
Send my Filco to a friend for her wedding.
Consider buying a second Filco for my friend's husband.
Dig a grave for my wallet.
Filco MJ2 Black - MX Red | VA88M - MX Brown | Cherry G80-3000 -
  MX Blue | Cherry G80-3000 - MX Black | XD75re - MX Silent Red

[image]http://i.imgur.com/our8YUc.png[/image]

Offline A Future Pilot

• A Descentr
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 11:10:16 »
Here's my list of things:

- Get a board with Cherry blues to compare to my greens
- Try out the Matt3o keycap set from the group buy and either love it or sell it
- Try out DSA profile (Not necessary if I love the profile of the above keycap set)
- Get a board with Cherry blacks specifically for gaming
- Make sure at least one of the above boards has lots of pretty colors to make the wifey happy
- Finish up my Descent keycap set design and start the process of doing a group buy on it

I believe that's a decently full year in keyboards :)
Here's the WW1 Flying Ace standing beside his Sopwith Camel

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 15:55:39 »
1. Master actual touch typing and not the bastardized version I use
2. Make a Topre Ergodox
3. Make a few Titanium space bars for sale since I work at a CNC machine shop and can do it pretty easily
4. Design and make an HHKB layout keyboard for android phones
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:17:46 »
1. HHKB Silent
2. MX Red / Black for gamingz

That's about it... bought new laptop + G403 (+ probably G900). I'm basically broke.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #265 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:24:09 »
1. HHKB Silent

That's about it... bought new laptop + G403 (+ probably G900). I'm basically broke.

Have you tried the HHKB silent?
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #266 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:35:44 »
My plans did not go how I thought that they would...

Joined GMK Terminal GB.

Joined the Revo RJ GB.

Been working on an HHKB. IT has the KK Oxblood Round 1 mods. The whole ETF Red Viridian Topre set. Purple RF Sliders. Lubed with TechKeys thin/thick mix. I have 55g domes on the way for it.

If GMK Laser happens soon I will most likely get in on that.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #267 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:54:12 »
1. HHKB Silent

Have you tried the HHKB silent?

Unfortunately not, but I own:
- HHKB white
- HHKB black
- 87U black 55g uniform.

How so?

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 18:18:27 »
Having owned or still owning most of the higher cost keyboards I wanted to experience or keep...I lately have actually been on a cheap board kick finding the best bang for buck boards out there, and they have been fairly popular videos for me on Youtube at that as a bonus.  The Video I did on the Magicforce 68 keyboard (before it was well known) by way of example got 17,000 views compared to the HHKB Pro 2 which got half of that.  So it's turned into a hobby to find the best dirt cheap keyboards out there that don't totally suck and the videos seem popular right now at that.

Right now working on the (and typing this on it) the Velocifire TKL-01 W/ Zorro Brown switches ($29.99 MSRP on sale less then that at times)

May look into some of the Drevo boards after this one.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 April 2017, 18:23:52 by LiquidEvilGaming »
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline ishtob

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 19:28:19 »
1. waiting on parts (PCB and switches) for a custom cherry ML ortholinear low profile build for work
2. finish designing the PCB and build the 98key compact board for the wifey
3. pick up SA oblivion

eidt:
4. get back into casting my own keys

Offline atarione

« Reply #270 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 19:41:25 »
I am considering getting a V80 w/ Matias quiet click switches..

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 14:25:48 »
No. 1 priority, having abandoned all other ambitions just for this: Sell ****, get a HHKB, leave this hobby

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 15:38:03 »
No. 1 priority, having abandoned all other ambitions just for this: Sell ****, get a HHKB, leave this hobby

Why leave this hobby? After HHKB you want 55g Topre. I can guarantee it.. (unless you already have / had it).

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 16:10:52 »

Why leave this hobby? After HHKB you want 55g Topre. I can guarantee it.. (unless you already have / had it).

Honestly personally when I tried 55g topre I ended up selling the Realforce and preferred the case mounted 45G on the HHKB.  Ended up selling it to a GH member actually.
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 16:12:31 »

Honestly personally when I tried 55g topre I ended up selling the Realforce and preferred the case mounted 45G on the HHKB.  Ended up selling it to a GH member actually.

I can imagine. You either like it plate-mounted heavy or case-mounted light. I like both.

But why quit this hobby? It's fine or course... just curious why you feel that way.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #275 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 18:04:31 »
I finally plan to handwire my DC2014 with Alps Oranges. I have all the parts lying around, I just need to retr0bright the plastic and wire the thing. Oh, and did I mention this'll be my first handwire?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #276 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 19:07:18 »
Actually moving more toward my exploring all the budget board goal, just ordered an Adesso EasyTOuch 625 TKL I have not seen reviews for nearly anywhere. 
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline ndumdr

• Jung Wheein
« Reply #277 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 21:38:17 »
Now that I have a RF 87u 45 on my hands, I think Topre is pretty much endgame for me. But since it's endgame, I'm not going to let this used, domeswapped, atrociously-sabotaged-by-me RF be my endgame. Instead, I'm probably going to have to just search and find other brands that sell Topre keyboards like Leopold and HHKB, despite the layout. The left alt & windows key of this used RF were loose upon receiving, so I opened it up to try to see if the domes were out of place of the PCB, "fixed" it, put it back together. Keys were still loose and the space bar didn't work. Opened it up again, fixed the space bar, and windows & alt key ran smoothly, but the right arrow doesn't work anymore. I wonder where went wrong. :rolleyes: Guess I'd just have to accept that I'm untalented in doing anything to the keyboard internally.

Offline minh278

• In life we will only fall, How far will we fall?
« Reply #278 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 22:23:40 »
My goal is to get (or make during summer) a metal(or wood) case for my realforce rgb. I quite like it since i hypersphered it and put o-rings on it. Yes i put o-rings on a topre keyboard. Feels quite nice in my opinion.
Keyboards:  Final Fantasy XI XIth Anniversary keyboard (topre 45g) | Realforce Rgb (topre 45g, Eva Noctilucous keyset) | Mionix Zibal 60 (mx black, Vortex doubleshot) | Greymark (white alps) | IBM model M (found in the trash!)

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 13:10:20 »

I can imagine. You either like it plate-mounted heavy or case-mounted light. I like both.

But why quit this hobby? It's fine or course... just curious why you feel that way.
I don't think I'd like 55g, which is good cause I am absolutely broke. Although I say "QUIT THIS DAMN HOBBY", that's probably impossible... What's next will be lurking and accumulating money for a Cherry board or Alps board :)

I find it hard to leave when I discovered that I have a yak farmer sugar daddy, apparently...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 14:49:02 »

I don't think I'd like 55g, which is good cause I am absolutely broke. Although I say "QUIT THIS DAMN HOBBY", that's probably impossible... What's next will be lurking and accumulating money for a Cherry board or Alps board :)

I find it hard to leave when I discovered that I have a yak farmer sugar daddy, apparently...

I can imagine... I also have so many hobbies (digital photography being one of them)... I have to invest wisely.

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 13:55:30 »
So, I bought a HHKB today. Finally, the first step of this year's plans have taken place. Next, I'll see how it goes with the lil topre, and I'm probably getting MX Speed switches. And perhaps even surrendering myself to the hype for some Zealios?

Offline zslane

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 14:40:01 »
Update on my 2017 goals:

1. Paint the top case frame of my "Space Cadet" Topre RealForce RGB board white. DONE.
2a. Acquire a white Filco Majestouch-2 S with MX Silent Red (aka pink) switches. DONE
2b. Acquire a white Varmilo VA108M with MX Silent Red (aka pink) switches. DONE.
3. Get G20 Semiotic into production. DONE. G20 Semiotic is currently available on PMK.
4. Assemble the "Penhurst Pok3r" with Datamancer walnut case. DONE
5. Wait for Round 6 phase 2 to go into production. SP has given this an August production slot.
6a. Wait for LightCycle DSA to ship. Currently in production...
6b. Replace the KBP V60 mini's case with a black Lambo (aluminum). Currently on the slow boat from China...
7. Wait for SA Dasher/Dancer to go into production. I also plan to run a small group buy for BLANKS myself.
8. Try to pull together a killer Hermes Rocketeer group buy bundle for MassDrop. In progress...
9a. Get a Plum Nano 75 (45g), paint it tan, and put Industrial SA keycaps on it. Keyboard is in hand. Paint job to commence soon.
9b. Get a second Plum Nano 75 (45g) and put Round 4 SPH keycaps on it. This would take the place of my Pok3r w/ MX silent reds.
10. Get dark blue, dark gray, and white Norbauer aluminum cases for my NovaTouch(es). Currently in production...
11. Wait for MT3 /dev/tty keycaps to go into production.

Offline Data

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 14:54:36 »
Still waiting on that K-Type to drop...  :rolleyes:

Offline dante

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 14:02:02 »
`
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 August 2017, 07:59:43 by dante »

Offline escoates

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:16:57 »
8. Try to pull together a killer Hermes Rocketeer group buy bundle for MassDrop. In progress...

I've been following these keycaps closely, whenever they drop I'm planning on getting them ASAP for my first keyboard :)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:42:02 »
Well.. fulfilled one of em. my filco with silent reds is comin in tomorrow. GAMING GONNA BE AWESOME

Offline Aox

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:51:53 »
Try to earn more money to pay for all the stuff I have coming...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:59:17 »
Try to earn more money to pay for all the stuff I have coming...

It's an ongoing struggle right. I need so much money. Last week I was shooting horses with my DSLR and I thought like "man... I really need that faster lens." Poof... there goes 800 USD. Didn't buy it yet.. it's so easy to buy things these days. You run out of money so quickly.

Offline mBass

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 14:15:29 »
2017 will be the year I finally trek into the wilderness and fend off nature for an entire winter using nothing but my wits and my trusty Filco.

Offline apricot

• life sucks drop out
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 14:49:29 »
I need to sell the spare keyboards that I'm not using.
Ordered a new Leopold tenkeyless this year, hopefully my last keyboard purchase for a long while.
Maybe I should try Silent Red switches, although I dislike linears.

Well, the FC750R came and went, already sold it on.
Now I need a FC980M ISO. Hopefully there will be a version with MX Silent Reds when the mass production of those boards starts.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 14:59:49 »
2017 will be the year I finally trek into the wilderness and fend off nature for an entire winter using nothing but my wits and my trusty Filco.

Until you try to stuff it into a bag and with the non removable cable realize it's not worth the hassle packing it :p
Current Daily Driver/s

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:33:13 »
Ordered a new Leopold tenkeyless this year, hopefully my last keyboard purchase for a long while.

Now I need a FC980M ISO. Hopefully there will be a version with MX Silent Reds when the mass production of those boards starts.

I thought there already was I thought... or it was with Speed Silvers.

Offline apricot

• life sucks drop out
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 16:05:52 »

I thought there already was I thought... or it was with Speed Silvers.

Yeah, the FC980M is already available in MX Silent Reds in ANSI layout, but the ISO version is starting mass production and the small test run sold couple months ago didn't feature the MX Silent Reds.

Offline mBass

« Reply #294 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 23:38:27 »

Until you try to stuff it into a bag and with the non removable cable realize it's not worth the hassle packing it :p

Are you kidding?  A removable cable is just a liability when you're trying to defend yourself against bears and mountain lions.  You think a flimsy micro USB connector is going to hold long enough to strangle the life out of anything intent on eating you?  You probably couldn't even get one good swing in before your only survival tool goes flying off into a ravine or something. You wouldn't last one night out in the wilderness making rookie mistakes like that.

Offline gerdo

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 23:18:29 »
Hoping to score a VE.A and that will FOR SURE be my end-game board

Probably

Offline ratsroloc

• Linears for life.
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 01:09:57 »
Dunno what keyboard plans I can make this year since I'm going to be transferring to a different university, but if I didn't have to worry about funds then my plans would probably be:

1: Get a set of Red and White JTK keycaps from originative, along with a set of yellow GMK spacebars and a Blue GMK Doubleshot enter key from Elitekeyboards and throw those on my GH60 for a true OG RX78 Gundam theme.

2: Upgrade my V60 to an aluminum case and swap the blank PBT caps I currently have onto that board.

3: Pick up either a Topre keyboard or build a tactile MX board with an aluminum case and then decide if I hate it enough to swap Gateron linears into it.

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 05:03:07 »
Probably going to sell off my ten keyless and 40% and buy a couple more pok3rs. I want multiple boards but am sick of changing layouts and typing slower than I should be.

I want to get mito's Lazer keycaps on an RGB pok3r (don't like RGB but I think this set will rock with it).

Also want to pick up more SA sets.

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 05:35:58 »
Want to sell my Vortex CNC'd aluminum TKL keyboard and get myself an OG Korean keyboard of similar build quality! Impossible to find I know but there has to be someone out there that will sell for a decent price.

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #299 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 08:37:45 »
There's a bunch of plans for this year!

To start off, I need to sell my B.face X2 and my extra GMK Carbon set. This way I can afford the zeal60 parts coming in ;) There are many SA sets in the pipeline I am totally psyched for and need to save for; Most notably, R2 SA Carbon and SA Oblivion! You can never have enough keyboards and Keycaps  ;D