Author Topic: [IC] GMK DOOM | GB NOW LIVE!  (Read 94802 times)

Offline Auk

Can it be exported outside of the EU without the VAT? that would put it around $125, plus whatever local fees are due.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
just for reference Honeywell had 148 keys and the Group Buy price was $135.
Caps Unlocked is registered in the UK and therefore subject to the german VAT (19%). Also, being them a business, you'd need to consider some markup as well.

I have added the final pricing for this keycap set, please read the original post.
Ready to place my order.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
I will definitely grab a set (in EU)  :thumb:
I like keyboards

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
For people not based in EU the final cost for the set would be expensive considering the price plus shipping cost. Hope it reaches MoQ though, it is a nice set.

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
For people not based in EU the final cost for the set would be expensive considering the price plus shipping cost. Hope it reaches MoQ though, it is a nice set.

I will try to get a proxy for customers in North America.

Offline Applet

Will definately be joining  ;D Have you decided if you will offer the novelties sepeately or if they will be included only in the base kit?

Offline IAmPyhrra

Sorry if I missed this some where, but where will this GB be held?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
If you could work out an NA proxy that would be awesome. As of now, I hope the novelties are separate from base kit as I'm kind of back and forth on them but still understand if that doesn't happen. Will try to make a purchase happen in any situation doe

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Sorry if I missed this some where, but where will this GB be held?

Capsunlocked is an UK vendor
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline r5d

The only thing that could improve this set would be icon legends.. but too late I guess. And it's not like I won't buy because it doesn't have them  ;)
I like keyboards

Offline Atredl

The only thing that could improve this set would be icon legends.. but too late I guess. And it's not like I won't buy because it doesn't have them  ;)

Please no.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects

Please no.
+1.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Please no.
+1.

Old and boring classic legends and icon modifiers work for me pretty well, though.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???

Please no.
+1.

Old and boring classic legends and icon modifiers work for me pretty well, though.

I prefer Icon Mods as well, but it's not the end of the world if it wasn't offered
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Seunghwi Nam

Too expensive..

Offline yokken

Yeah, sorry to say but it is too costly for me, especially for just black on black. At $100 I'd be in, but at $150 it's too much. Good luck with the GB though!!

Offline r5d

Starting today (maybe)?  ;D

H Y P E
I like keyboards

Offline MacGruber117

Re: [IC] GMK DOOM |BASE KIT FINAL DESIGN + PRICE! - UPDATE #14 (21 / 07 / 2017)
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 06:48:30 »
Can we get a 1u key that just says:

HOE
CAKES
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline omegafivethreefive

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 06:50:37 »
Vnays

Offline Applet

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 07:21:48 »
Any update on when this will run?  :D

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 11:47:32 »
Yeah, sorry to say but it is too costly for me, especially for just black on black. At $100 I'd be in, but at $150 it's too much. Good luck with the GB though!!

I am trying to get a proxy for customers in North America. This will reduce the cost.

H Y P E

This set has been delayed due to other projects, and due to the GMK Mondrian group buy being extended. I am also trying to get a NA proxy.

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 11:50:23 »
175510-0

This is the render on the M65-A. This render does not include any novelty keys, as they are currently being modified to meet GMK's guidelines.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 14:17:36 »
(Attachment Link)

This is the render on the M65-A. This render does not include any novelty keys, as they are currently being modified to meet GMK's guidelines.
That's beautiful, I can't wait to see this set on my keyboard.

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 04:47:16 »

Please no.
+1.

I prefer Icon Mods as well, but it's not the end of the world if it wasn't offered

Would also really love to see Icon Mods, but will be in anyway. Looks great, especially that M65-A rendering.

Offline Applet

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 14:32:01 »
This set has been delayed due to other projects, and due to the GMK Mondrian group buy being extended. I am also trying to get a NA proxy.
Thanks for the update :D Good to know it is still on track, albeit delayed

Offline Cotay

« Reply #325 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 21:39:54 »

I am trying to get a proxy for customers in North America. This will reduce the cost.

H Y P E

Excellent. I'll gladly wait for a North American proxy.

Offline My_Thoughts

Re: [IC] GMK DOOM | RENDERS ADDED! - UPDATE #15 (10 / 08 / 2017)
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 06:09:46 »
Looking forward to the GB

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 03:19:40 »
I don't understand why a "Nordic kit" not have been added to this IC/GB when its from the EU  :confused: :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 03:24:51 by pon10 »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #328 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 04:07:28 »
I don't understand why a "Nordic kit" not have been added to this IC/GB when its from the EU  :confused: :(

Nautilus ran on Massdrop, sold 1900 base kits, and 82 Norde kits. Now try and imagine how many Norde kits this set will sell. There is no point in offering one if you can bet your years salary that it won't hit MOQ.

Offline pon10

« Reply #329 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 04:34:29 »

Nautilus ran on Massdrop, sold 1900 base kits, and 82 Norde kits. Now try and imagine how many Norde kits this set will sell. There is no point in offering one if you can bet your years salary that it won't hit MOQ.

Yeah i know! people hate the continues asking for norde kits. The never ending MOQ horror stories etc..

As @ideus also says it a couple of pages back.

EU buyers from MD suffer hard on import taxes. you have to drop around 300USD or more when buying sets from MD in EU. GB runners from the EU should try to start to add Wodan`s nordic implementations in the overall set, lowering the cost of the nordic kit keys in the base set.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85609.0

In a UK gb it would be great and price isn't to high for the extra keys..

it will also take some time getting keebpeeps in the EU attention. They have to learn that there is light ahead and the keysets are available without the high import tax from the US.

Cut the ANSI keys out of this set and make that as a add-on... and you can have buyers from:

176781-0

From Wodans thread
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85609.0
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 04:39:33 by pon10 »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #330 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 05:07:47 »
There is no point in offering one if you can bet your years salary that it won't hit MOQ.
There is no harm either in offering something that won't cost any money if the MOQ isn't hit. It should always have a chance.

In a UK gb it would be great and price isn't to high for the extra keys..

it will also take some time getting keebpeeps in the EU attention. They have to learn that there is light ahead and the keysets are available without the high import tax from the US.
Although there's Germany's VAT to pay.

Unfortunately there weren't many Europe based group buys with NorDe kits. Actually, the only one that comes into my mind is Krakob's which didn't go well, supposedly, because of the colour scheme.

Offline FerretBuster

« Reply #331 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:19:31 »
would be down for ISO UK set with novelties

Offline Atredl

« Reply #332 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:48:09 »
Cut the ANSI keys out of this set and make that as a add-on...
That sounds like a good way to alienate ANSI buyers.

I'm all for Wodan's suggestion of adding the international keys and making an even better base kit. Separating the ANSI keys into a separate kit sounds like a step backwards.

Offline pon10

« Reply #333 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:18:33 »

I'm all for Wodan's suggestion of adding the international keys and making an even better base kit. Separating the ANSI keys into a separate kit sounds like a step backwards.

It would be cool with a everything "world wide" international based set. :p it's just when it's a UK based GB that seems at aiming ANSI as it 1st priority and the reason the Nordic set is cut out of the base set to keep the cost down etc. Wish thinking was just a reverse version with ISO uk as first priority with Wodan's minimum kit added to the base set adding only the 16,50 € more to a base set with a moq at 150 as the quote from gmk in the thread.

Its a awesome clean set and the work behind bringing to the people :thumb: I am just a tiny sad that finally a EU gb for a set that so clean and classic and ships from the UK I will not be able to join bc of 16,50€,  seems a step backwards  :rolleyes: 

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:08:31 by pon10 »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #334 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:35:23 »

It would be cool with a everything "world wide" international based set. :p it's just when it's a UK based GB thats seems at aiming ANSI as it 1st priority and the reason the Nordic set is cut out of the base set to keep the cost down etc. Wish thinking was just a reverse version with ISO uk as first priority with Wodan's minimum kit added to the base set adding only the 16,50 € more to a base set with a moq at 150 as the quote from gmk in the thread.

Its a awesome clean set and the work behind bringing to the people :thumb: I am just a tiny sad that finally a EU gb for a set that so clean and classic and ships from the UK I will not be able to join bc of 16,50€  :(
I get where you're coming from but both ANSI and UK ISO are fully covered in the base kit so it's not as if the UK based GB is ignoring the UK.

Yeah ANSI is usually the focus but that's because the US has half the population of all of Europe. That's a huge amount of people that all use the exact same alphas. That's not even counting the Asian market, many of whom also buy ANSI alphas. Putting ANSI on the side puts a GB on the back foot from the start and in jeopardy of not being made. That's why I think adding Wodan's keys are the best solution. You add the most important international keys to the base set so that European countries keys are included and MOQ is met.

This is getting a little bit off topic though so I'll probably make future comments in the Wodan thread.

Offline pon10

« Reply #335 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 01:10:51 »

It would be cool with a everything "world wide" international based set. :p it's just when it's a UK based GB thats seems at aiming ANSI as it 1st priority and the reason the Nordic set is cut out of the base set to keep the cost down etc. Wish thinking was just a reverse version with ISO uk as first priority with Wodan's minimum kit added to the base set adding only the 16,50 € more to a base set with a moq at 150 as the quote from gmk in the thread.

Its a awesome clean set and the work behind bringing to the people :thumb: I am just a tiny sad that finally a EU gb for a set that so clean and classic and ships from the UK I will not be able to join bc of 16,50€  :(
I get where you're coming from but both ANSI and UK ISO are fully covered in the base kit so it's not as if the UK based GB is ignoring the UK.

Yeah ANSI is usually the focus but that's because the US has half the population of all of Europe. That's a huge amount of people that all use the exact same alphas. That's not even counting the Asian market, many of whom also buy ANSI alphas. Putting ANSI on the side puts a GB on the back foot from the start and in jeopardy of not being made. That's why I think adding Wodan's keys are the best solution. You add the most important international keys to the base set so that European countries keys are included and MOQ is met.

This is getting a little bit off topic though so I'll probably make future comments in the Wodan thread.

Point is just adding the Nordic kit to the base set and more Europeans would join. Not having to pay the 40-50 USD for the nordic add-on + import taxes in the EU when its shipped from the US. There is a reason the statistics are not in the euro mechheads favor!! :) and it would just be cool if a UK gb organizer tried to reach his neighbors with decent price GB that's not gonna be heavily boomed in kit addons and import taxes. :)

Offline Atredl

« Reply #336 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 02:19:51 »
Point is just adding the Nordic kit to the base set and more Europeans would join.
This is the exact point I'm making.  :))  I just didn't like your separate ANSI kit suggestion lol

Offline pon10

« Reply #337 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 02:51:26 »
Point is just adding the Nordic kit to the base set and more Europeans would join.
This is the exact point I'm making.  :))  I just didn't like your separate ANSI kit suggestion lol

:cool: Separating the ANSI keys to a kit would just make it cheaper for ISO users, hence since the only reason the nordic kit is not there in the based set is to please the US market bc they dont want to pay the extra 16.50€ .Vice versa would just be fair? and maybe instead of being pissed on people asking for a norde kit etc. US buyers could gain some insight in how it is as a EU buyer :eek:
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 August 2017, 02:53:09 by pon10 »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #338 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 09:10:44 »
Configuring a set with features needed by the the largest audience of consumers has nothing to do with pleasing someone, it is just basic economy of scale, which makes a set to reach MoQ more likely by being a better match for more people. By experience, a single full set has better chances to reach MoQ than splitting it in alphas, mods and kits, one exception to the rule, that I can remember was Matt3o's Granite, that reaches hundreds of orders even with separated kits. I really do not understand the logic of making the set any other than ANSI, which is the design that has proved to be the one with better chances to reach MoQ.

Offline pon10

« Reply #339 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 02:52:49 »
By experience, a single full set has better chances to reach MoQ than splitting it in alphas, mods and kits

Then lets put Wodan`s norde kit in the base set! ;D Yihaa

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #340 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 03:45:07 »
Then lets put Wodan`s norde kit in the base set!
Wodan's point has always been to include NorDe keys in the base set, since the increased cost, for a 100+ keys keyset, was around €16.50.

Offline pon10

« Reply #341 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 04:02:28 »
Then lets put Wodan`s norde kit in the base set!
Wodan's point has always been to include NorDe keys in the base set, since the increased cost, for a 100+ keys keyset, was around €16.50.

Yes exactly... :)) sounds very easy to implement :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #342 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 07:24:36 »
By experience, a single full set has better chances to reach MoQ than splitting it in alphas, mods and kits

Yeah, that is a possibility and we need a brave GB leader to give the idea a try and evaluate if that combination is economically feasible; personally, I think it would have a hard time to be sell,  due to a thirty dollars premium over an standard ANSI set that I doubt the common GB participant may be willing to pay for keys that will be in her drawer forever.

Offline pon10

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 09:21:23 »

Yeah, that is a possibility and we need a brave GB leader to give the idea a try and evaluate if that combination is economically feasible; personally, I think it would have a hard time to be sell,  due to a thirty dollars premium over an standard ANSI set that I doubt the common GB participant may be willing to pay for keys that will be in her drawer forever.

I know it's one giant leap for mankind and the GB leader should off-course take the economically feasible considerations adding the Norde kit to the base set.
This is vender running this IC! Based in UK. Shipping to US is gonna be more then normal rates from standard CONUS shipping rates...

The set doesn't seem unique enough to attract the POP generation from the US to pay the extra shipping rates ( it is a guess ) but the interest this has gotten seems its unlikely to get popular in the US with chances of this set not hitting MOQ. Adding the Nordic kit will off-course increase the base set price which is gonna be a problem for some, but including the Norde kit will make the set available for the many parts of Europe making the set possible of reaching MOQ.

Hopefully if the set popularity grows and the word gets out that a norde kit have been added to the base set and the vender is from the UK.
Again the reason Norde kits have a tough time is that's only a few people that can afford the end of the day 2-400 USD sets from MD when importing to a EU country.

haha i dont mean this as hard criticism, just wondering :) For some A classic "WOB" set - is a endgame and wants to have correct legends on for the mother language of the KB :cool:
I wish this IC a good GB! I hope I can get in on this if it has a norde kit in the base set or as a ad-don. I really dont mind since its coming from UK and i am in Europe. I just wish that the UK vender would be brave to be a first mover and add the keys to try getting this set to hit MOQ ;) maybe even gaining popularity for trying to expand his potential buyers for his business setup.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 August 2017, 09:24:18 by pon10 »

Offline r5d

« Reply #344 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 16:13:31 »
Is there any news? How's it hanging?  :thumb:
I like keyboards

Offline CAPS UNLOCKED

• capsunlocked
« Reply #345 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 03:45:25 »
Hey,

I would like to apologise for the lack of communication regarding this set.

Thank you for all of your feedback, it is great to know there is interest in this set.

I will admit I am hesitant to add all of the keys from this: (http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/6f7830fa68c43c022e3d691bddb1a9a2) as I feel it may add to much to the price of the base kit especially for ANSI users whom will never use these keys, but I understand that it will make this set more appealing to European customers.

I was aiming to run this group buy fairly soon, however group buys for other keycap sets are starting (or already running) and I do not wish to compete against them. I will confirm a date as soon as possible, but this group buy will most likely begin in October.

Another reason for the delay is that many users have expressed the opinion that this set is too boring, and whilst I love this keycap set, I am unsure whether there is enough interest for this keycap set to reach the MOQ of 150. If you want to purchase this keycap set, please let me know as I would like to gauge the interest level in this set before I start the group buy.

The novelties have been reworked slightly (same designs but the lines are thicker) in order to meet GMK's guidelines. The new novelty designs are being submitted to GMK and once they have been improved, I will release renders for them

If you have any other feedback, please let me know.

Thank you for reading.

capsunlocked

Offline Atredl

« Reply #346 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 03:49:04 »
I'd just like to chime in to say that I'm still very much interested in this set. Although it might be a good idea to open a poll so that you can gage the interest.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #347 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 04:06:06 »
I will admit I am hesitant to add all of the keys from this: (http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/6f7830fa68c43c022e3d691bddb1a9a2) as I feel it may add to much to the price of the base kit especially for ANSI users whom will never use these keys, but I understand that it will make this set more appealing to European customers.
You could try and offer it as a separate kit.

If you want to purchase this keycap set, please let me know as I would like to gauge the interest level in this set before I start the group buy.
Many sets have to deal with the fact that those who expressed their interest don't always actually order them.
Don't be discouraged by the negative feedback, this set has the potential to be successful.

Offline r5d

« Reply #348 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 04:32:56 »
I will definitely pick up a set! The understatement (boring?) of this set is what makes it so interesting to me.
I like keyboards

Offline x86ect

« Reply #349 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 06:13:48 »
Still interested