Author Topic: [IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (LIVE)  (Read 263019 times)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Re: [IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (SAMPLES!)
« Reply #1000 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 23:46:38 »
What more can you ask for, really?

Cherry Profile :P

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #1001 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 23:51:19 »
Well, you have me there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline jnav

• Endgame is for quitters.
    • Macclack
« Reply #1002 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 23:36:10 »
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway... Maxkey makes SA profile keycaps and the look pretty good in photos but I don't see people turning to them as an alternative to Signature Plastics. What gives?

My guess would be that Maxkeys doesn't have the same customization options. Like they don't produce any ISO sets as they apparently don't have the molds (or so I've read). I've longingly looked into their SA sets, but since I use a Swedish/Finnish layout, it's never been a real option.

I would think they are a fine option if you want more affordable SA sets with a standard ANSI layout. But if you want anything more custom (novelties, ISO, 40%, etc), maybe they're not up to the task.

I do wish they did up their game, as more competition could really help with the crazy prices and waiting times.

Just ponied up for Maxkey SA Lime so I guess I'll get to judge Maxkey for myself. $99 is pretty darn good, even if you don't get a ton of options. I agree that a little competition is always a good thing. I would guess that it costs a TON of money to increase capacity considering all the tooling and equipment costs involved. Signature Plastics is probably doing the best they can so the more manufacturers the merrier.

https://kono.store/products/maxkey-lime-group-buy

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1003 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 00:53:14 »
I have a set of max key's and they where cheap. I mean sure they have a few short comings but for 99 bucks.. they where a good deal. I just am not a fan of SA profile for extended periods of typing. Though working on getting use to them slowly but surely. I know max key's has had a few issues in the past with legend's and what not but that could be any start up.. and once again at 99 dollars.. there pretty darn cheap compared to most keycap sets that come with extra options. I mean a decent set of Tai-hao caps will put ya back 30-50 dollars depending where you buy. Then your only getting standard set not any extra's. I think max key's is reasonable.. the only thing I do not like is there super lose.. like as in lose enough to pull off with my fingers which tells me the tolerances where maybe a bit to high.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #1004 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 05:43:34 »
Hi mito. Will this drop before the end of the month? I need to ready my wallet after 9009.

Offline hndle

« Reply #1005 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 07:03:30 »
I will welcome Laser SA from Maxkeys ^-^ ^-^

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #1006 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 15:30:25 »
Does anyone know if the Japanese sublegends on the Gaijin set will be doubleshot?
I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1007 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 15:35:40 »
Does anyone know if the Japanese sublegends on the Gaijin set will be doubleshot?

Yes they will.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #1008 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 15:37:53 »
**** yeah

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #1009 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 15:38:03 »

Yes they will.
Great! I couldn't find any info confirming that, thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1010 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 10:01:01 »
Got another email from MD about new products today!  :)

No Laser listed  :(

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #1011 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 11:04:07 »
Press F to pay respektz.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 09:35:10 by ye_cole »

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #1012 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 15:58:10 »
Well, looks like HotRoder is going to be happy. With this https://mitormk.com/legacy/ news I'm guessing Laser won't be coming until November.

Offline Ouhei

« Reply #1013 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 16:06:04 »
Well, looks like HotRoder is going to be happy. With this https://mitormk.com/legacy/ news I'm guessing Laser won't be coming until November.
Seems kind of odd to run this now, since the Rush scheme is fairly similar to Laser...

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #1014 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 16:18:41 »

Doesn't say anything about when it's going to drop.

Mito, y u do this?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline colbs

[IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (SAMPLES!)
« Reply #1015 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 16:38:33 »

Mito, y u do this?
Follow the Massdrop link from that page.  Mito says it is dropping Monday.  The laser wait continues

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #1016 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 17:51:44 »

Mito, y u do this?
Follow the Massdrop link from that page.  Mito says it is dropping Monday.  The laser wait continues

Yeah, I saw.

This displeases me greatly. Especially because he basically puts Laser into this DSA drop and I hate DSA.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1017 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 18:26:41 »
At the risk of being hated by the community I am... and I am really excited in general... cause right now there so many keycap buy's going on. That I am worried Laser wouldn't get the attention it deserves. I am totally ok with it being November release. I hope others feel the same way. I mean sure the sooner it releases the better but then we gotta hurry up and wait anyway right? Cause I mean its not like they ship it next week. I am sure GMK has a backlog of keys to produce with all the GMK sets live right now. To top it off didn't Mito say he had something special and unique planned for this set? Perhaps he still in the process of getting all that worked out. I say we just gotta be patient even thought it does suck.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #1018 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 18:27:38 »
why we keep getting DSA drops from Mito  :'( but not GMK Laser
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 19:41:55 by BlackInk »

Offline rehael

« Reply #1019 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 18:40:34 »
he had something special and unique planned for this set

Every month I take a bit of my salary aside especially for this drop. This drop has its own special wallet at my place. If this set drops in November, then I'm afraid, very, very afraid, that it will be madness with spending hard earned money on some plastic things… But I'm Laserfocused on getting as much specials to fill my Laser–needs and accompany my custom–designed Laser keyboard. And I hope for November – because December is yearly bonus month, and my SO may freak out ifwhen I spend it all on plastic…  :D

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #1020 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 18:42:39 »
At the risk of being hated by the community I am... and I am really excited in general... cause right now there so many keycap buy's going on. That I am worried Laser wouldn't get the attention it deserves. I am totally ok with it being November release. I hope others feel the same way. I mean sure the sooner it releases the better but then we gotta hurry up and wait anyway right? Cause I mean its not like they ship it next week. I am sure GMK has a backlog of keys to produce with all the GMK sets live right now. To top it off didn't Mito say he had something special and unique planned for this set? Perhaps he still in the process of getting all that worked out. I say we just gotta be patient even thought it does suck.

That's what my guess is. I wouldn't be surprised if this (and maybe even Godspeed XDA) were created to fill the slot originally booked for Laser. Either way I'm willing to wait for Mito to get the special stuff sorted.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1021 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 19:52:16 »
DSA is a creation of Satan to blind us to the truth.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1022 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:09:21 »

Preach Brother Hashbaz. Profiles is a lie. There is only Cherry Profile.

Offline avid

« Reply #1023 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:12:26 »
So since we got a DSA laser, i doubt GMK laser is coming in november. Mito said Q4 for laser though, so december?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1024 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:27:08 »
So since we got a DSA laser, i doubt GMK laser is coming in november. Mito said Q4 for laser though, so december?

i believe he said it's coming after this
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #1025 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:30:06 »
I'm bummed Laser keeps getting delayed as well.

I speculate the reason for delay is bottlenecked negotiation between MD and MiTo.
MiTo seems to have plans for broader Laser lineup, so MD likely is claiming broader rights beyond keycaps.

Halo switch dispute reveals a lot on how MD conducts business.  While I wouldn't call MD evil, they seem ever inching toward unscrupulousness.
Hard to know what's going on, but in lieu of info I support creator in this sort of situation where community and business don't mix well.

I'm fine with waiting a little more for Laser.  And I don't have problem closing my wallet to slot fillers that I don't want.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #1026 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:04:35 »

I speculate the reason for delay is bottlenecked negotiation between MD and MiTo.
MiTo seems to have plans for broader Laser lineup, so MD likely is claiming broader rights beyond keycaps.

Halo switch dispute reveals a lot on how MD conducts business.  While I wouldn't call MD evil, they seem ever inching toward unscrupulousness.
Hard to know what's going on, but in lieu of info I support creator in this sort of situation where community and business don't mix well.

I'm fine with waiting a little more for Laser.  And I don't have problem closing my wallet to slot fillers that I don't want.

Your entire post is unfounded speculation, which is kind of toxic to be quite honest- do you have anything to actually back up your claims? Or are you just spreading rumors with no basis?

The drop was always speculated to be in November, and MiTo saying the project is broader than keycaps shouldn't give you any reason to start theorizing that it means Massdrop is trying to screw him over.

The Halo Switch debate issue literally has nothing to do with MiTo or this drop, and honestly your claim "reveals a lot how MD conducts business." is a rather petty and ignorant statement that again I don't even know why you're bringing it into this discussion.

Embarrassing.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 October 2017, 21:08:52 by schoolbus »

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:01:38 »

Your entire post is unfounded speculation, which is kind of toxic to be quite honest- do you have anything to actually back up your claims? Or are you just spreading rumors with no basis?

The drop was always speculated to be in November, and MiTo saying the project is broader than keycaps shouldn't give you any reason to start theorizing that it means Massdrop is trying to screw him over.

The Halo Switch debate issue literally has nothing to do with MiTo or this drop, and honestly your claim "reveals a lot how MD conducts business." is a rather petty and ignorant statement that again I don't even know why you're bringing it into this discussion.

Embarrassing.

Dude, chill.  I speculated and obviously it's hypothetical.  No need to dramatize what I said and start judging and attacking.

Unless you are insider, you don't know what's going on.  Just leave things be.  Don't try to shut up people.

Time will tell.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:29:17 »

Preach Brother Sister Hashbaz. Profiles is a lie. There is only Cherry Profile.

I worship the Old Gods of SA (praise their eternal Sculptedness!). But Cherry will do when there is no weirwood grove convenient.

Also I'm a she.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:30:14 »

Embarrassing.

Dude, chill.  I speculated and obviously it's hypothetical.  No need to dramatize what I said and start judging and attacking.

Unless you are insider, you don't know what's going on.  Just leave things be.  Don't try to shut up people.

Time will tell.

look your post are boarder line conspiracy theory 101. I mean seriously the reason Mito is taking his time with this drop. Is simply because its taking time to get everything setup and put together. He even said and eluded to this. I mean there no reason to bash Massdrop other then to just bash massdrop.. if you really want to get down to brass tacks there only been one group that seems to have had issues with Massdrop. Other creators have been just fine.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:35:56 »

Embarrassing.

Time will tell.

You are WAY off base here. This is straight fake news level. The only confirmed timeline was Q4. Just in case you weren't aware how quarters work, we are only 2 weeks into the quarter. So all of about 15%.

First let's discuss what the concept of a delay is. A delay is something happening after it is supposed to, not after you want it to. We get it, its a nice set and everyone wants it now, that doesn't mean it is READY now.

Mito has said he is planning other things to go along with the release, I would assume at least things like artisans and matching mousepads and such, but I wouldn't be surprised to see things like cases matched to the colors and whatnot. All of that takes time.

The fundamental flaw in your thinking is you are inventing a delay when NO ONE has EVER said anything ways delayed EXCEPT people who were complaining about waiting. This drop is running on time, it's just not as soon as some people would like it to be. That has never not been the case, and inventing some drama based on a delay that never happened is straight Trump logic.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:38:20 by Amnesia »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 23:03:22 »
I think the Race colorway is rad, and I'm totally going to blow my wad on it.  I'll have enough saved up later when laser comes to market in 2018 :)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1032 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 23:12:21 »
I think the Race colorway is rad, and I'm totally going to blow my wad on it.  I'll have enough saved up later when laser comes to market in 2018 :)

You sure it's 2018? I heard from my imaginary friend's pet rock that MassDrop delayed it until 2042 because skam science.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #1033 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 23:29:57 »

Embarrassing.

Time will tell.

You are WAY off base here. This is straight fake news level. The only confirmed timeline was Q4. Just in case you weren't aware how quarters work, we are only 2 weeks into the quarter. So all of about 15%.

First let's discuss what the concept of a delay is. A delay is something happening after it is supposed to, not after you want it to. We get it, its a nice set and everyone wants it now, that doesn't mean it is READY now.

Mito has said he is planning other things to go along with the release, I would assume at least things like artisans and matching mousepads and such, but I wouldn't be surprised to see things like cases matched to the colors and whatnot. All of that takes time.

The fundamental flaw in your thinking is you are inventing a delay when NO ONE has EVER said anything ways delayed EXCEPT people who were complaining about waiting. This drop is running on time, it's just not as soon as some people would like it to be. That has never not been the case, and inventing some drama based on a delay that never happened is straight Trump logic.

Guys, you should re-read what I said.  I really don't understand why you are all worked up.
Sure, I mildly criticized MD.  I don't think I outright "bash"d them.  I actually believe it's natural they protect their business interests.

I'll be happy if Laser happens in Nov whether MiTo wraps up his other plannings as you claim, or MD and MiTo come to terms in the negotiation that I speculated.

Peace!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
[IC] Laser GMK - 80's & Cyberpunk (SAMPLES!)
« Reply #1034 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 23:53:15 »

Embarrassing.

Time will tell.

Guys, you should re-read what I said.  I really don't understand why you are all worked up.
Sure, I mildly criticized MD.  I don't think I outright "bash"d them.  I actually believe it's natural they protect their business interests.

I'll be happy if Laser happens in Nov whether MiTo wraps up his other plannings as you claim, or MD and MiTo come to terms in the negotiation that I speculated.

Peace!

I have finally realized where the flaw in your logic is. Because of your spite for massdrop you have failed to realize that MiTo is EXTREMELY active on massdrop.

https://www.massdrop.com/talk/455/laser-gmk

Here is mito answering your question 2 weeks ago:

And this is the person from MD who runs the keyboard section waiting for laser just like us:

The reason we are saying you are inventing a conspiracy is because we DO have word from the creator. You just haven’t been listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 October 2017, 23:55:24 by Amnesia »

Offline Petch

« Reply #1035 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 02:55:42 »
In the hiragana set, is there a R1 1u \|む key?

Are the novelties pad printed?

Offline ioioioio

• ioioioio
« Reply #1036 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 06:13:37 »

Embarrassing.

Time will tell.

Peace!

I have finally realized where the flaw in your logic is. Because of your spite for massdrop you have failed to realize that MiTo is EXTREMELY active on massdrop.

https://www.massdrop.com/talk/455/laser-gmk

Here is mito answering your question 2 weeks ago:

Show Image

And this is the person from MD who runs the keyboard section waiting for laser just like us:

Show Image

The reason we are saying you are inventing a conspiracy is because we DO have word from the creator. You just haven’t been listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey mito,read this drama,can you end this drama with dropping laser?!!!!

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 07:07:32 »

... MD and MiTo come to terms in the negotiation that I speculated.

Peace!

Again, you literally have no basis or information other than a completely hypothetical theory for this based on completely unrelated circumstances.

The cliche "grasping for straws" has never been more apt.

I would advise you just keep your outlandish theories to yourself unless you have any concrete evidence for this. It's just simply not your place to make up stories.

MiTo has worked with Massdrop for quite some time now and the fact that he's hosting another DIFFERENT drop right now through them would lead me to believe his relationship with Massdrop has probably never been better.

We all wanted Laser to drop, none of us saw the current drop coming- but it is what it is.

I would say a "better" theory is the one that is backed by everyone up to this point- that the drop will be more than just keycaps and will involve other merchandise which requires Massdrop/MiTo coordinating with more than just GMK as a vendor.

We get it, you probably don't like Massdrop, but that doesn't give you free reign to make up fake propaganda to support your narrative.

Offline eMps

« Reply #1038 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 12:37:09 »
Here are my quick thoughts:

I'm glad Colevrak will be offered!

I actually prefer blanks on the ErgoPlanck.

The Gaijin vs Monogana is quite even, so I really hope both will be put in. I prefer the clean look of the Monos, and I think it would look really good with ErgoBlancks on the Preonic I've ordered.
Colemak since Jan. 10, 2011

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #1039 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 23:14:36 »
I'm a fan of legended planck mods. It looks really weird to have all legends on some caps, and blank on the other. :/

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #1040 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 20:20:22 »
Please lord let this drop while I'm still dumb enough to drop a few hundred on it....
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Golgo13

Re: [IC] Laser GMK - An 80's vs Cyberpunk Project
« Reply #1041 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 09:55:07 »
This set looks awesome, MiTo.

Any chance the Ergodox kit will get legends?

I am studying the possibility of offering ErgoBlanck and ErgoPlanck kits.

Laser's looking good!

Have you considered adding essential Planck keys in the Base Kit and removing it from the ErgoPlank Kit instead? Because to cover the default layout with correct legends, you just need a few more keys.

R2 Tab, R3 Esc and R4 Enter are the 3 essential 1u keys for default Planck coverage. The additional R2 Tab will also help with some 40% layouts.

Less essential is R4 Shift (there's already an R4 Fn and R4 Hack key which can be used in its place), and R3 ' " in mod colours. 

You would also need to add 2 x 1u R4C keys and 1 x 2u R4C key in the Spacebar Kit.

Doing this would result in a considerably cheaper option for Planck/Preonic users as all they need to get is Base + Spacebars.

This does mean the Base Kit and Spacebar Kit may go up slightly in price, but the resulting Ergodox kit will be reduced by a fair bit too. Of course you can leave your planned ErgoBlank kit in for people who desire blank mods.

Just some of my thoughts after Nautilus' less than desirable options for Planck/Preonic users.

Just want to reaffirm my desire for this.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #1042 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 09:59:26 »
Ooh, me too.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1043 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 10:03:03 »
I wish mito had some information to share about the current status of the project.   :confused:

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1044 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:00:15 »
I wish mito had some information to share about the current status of the project.   :confused:

My hype has been dead for a while, hope there will be something to rekindle it.

Offline energyd

« Reply #1045 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:41:10 »
Do you guys know would the set look great with a purple case (kbd75 for example)

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1046 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 11:47:42 »
Do you guys know would the set look great with a purple case (kbd75 for example)

IMO the purples on most keyboards would clash with the colors of Laser (more blue than purple). But for some people, they are both sorta purpley and that's good enough  :rolleyes:

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #1047 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 12:11:19 »
Dark purple or nothing at all.

Offline avid

« Reply #1048 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 12:11:27 »

I will use a black keyboard  for laser. The colors will already be so loud and hard to find matching purple.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #1049 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 12:38:53 »
I'm thinking brushed stainless would tie in with the "88" novelty quite nicely.