Author Topic: Duck Keyboard Programming  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Prankk

Duck Keyboard Programming
« on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 08:38:00 »
In the past I have successfully programmed a lightsaver V2. After acquiring another one I am having issues. The only difference on my end is an upgrade to Windows 10. Also, probably important to mention that I have been using flip. Has anyone else had issues using Flip on Windows 10 for programming Duck boards? I see that it is not officially supported.

Offline Data

Re: Duck Keyboard Programming
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:29:48 »
All of the Lightsavers - maybe ALL Duck boards - use Atmel chips, so I'd think Flip should work just fine even if Duck doesn't "officially" support it.  I don't think O2D Keymapper does anything Flip doesn't do when it's actually flashing the firmware to the controller.  Maybe it's unnecessary for Duck to say anything official since, duh, Atmel's own flash utility is always going to work.  But you didn't really explain why you're flashing the keymap that way in lieu of using O2D.  Can you expand on that?

Edit: Having read all of this again, I realized you're saying Flip on Win10 isn't officially supported.  That was not at all clear on the first read-through, sorry.  I haven't attempted it myself, but you could try running Flip in compatibility mode if it's giving you trouble.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:32:10 by Data »

Offline Prankk

Re: Duck Keyboard Programming
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:54:23 »
I have tried running it in compatibility mode and still have issues. Right now I am just trying to eliminate causes of the problem. I have also tried using O2D and get an error to "Check Atmel USB Driver".

Previously when using Flip I was getting an "AtLibUsbDfu.dll not found" error. I was able to fix this, but now I get a "could not open USB device" error".

I think that for whatever reason I am not getting the board into DFU bootloader mode. Device manager shows it as a HID Keyboard Device NOT an Atmel USB Device even when I plug in with the flip key held down. Also, the in switch LED's are lit. I can't remember if they are lit when in DFU bootloader mode.

More and more I think that I am just not getting into bootloader mode but I wanted to eliminate Windows 10 as the cause of the problem. I have also tried on a machine running Windows 7 to no avail.