Author Topic: Pressure Pot, Vacuum Chamber, and pumps ?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
Pressure Pot, Vacuum Chamber, and pumps ?
« on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 09:17:31 »
I know about the horror stories of Harbor Freight, so I plan to avoid it like the plague.

But I do not know much about good pressure pots that are around $100-150 or less.   
The only ones that I know of tends to be $400ish or more and I dont have that kind of investment money to make yet unfortunately.

So I need recommendations for pressure pots and vacuum chambers, as well as the pumps and whatever else I need with the 2 things.

Preferably under $100-150 per set of Pressure and Vacuum equipment.

On a side note, I would like both the pressure and vacuum to have enough space, as I have been doing resin casts of things that are bigger than keycaps.
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
Re: Pressure Pot, Vacuum Chamber, and pumps ?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 21:38:39 »
Honestly I could be wrong but I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for for $100-150 , at least in a pressure pot. You don't want to cheap out on something that you're basically making an explosive with, if that thing ends up popping you could cause some serious damage. Also if you're looking for a good amount of space you're going to have to pay more.  Mine was $355 if i remember correctly , pretty popular C.N. technologies resin casting 2.5 gallon pot, decent amount of space inside. If you feel comfortable modifying it yourself the regular paint one is $299, you just have to do a few things to get it ready for resin casting. I didn't so paid the extra.  If you can find a good one for $100-150 then thats awesome, and a higher price doesn't always mean something is safer/better. But I think in these cases for pressure pots you generally get what you pay for. To me its not something I'd want to cut corners with because of how dangerous it could possibly be.

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
Re: Pressure Pot, Vacuum Chamber, and pumps ?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 09:17:43 »
People recommend using a vacuum too but I would say they are not absolutely necessary. I recently got a pressure pot and compressor, no vacuum. I've been making caps and silicone molds with pressure only and bubbles are pretty much non-existent. The only bubbles I've gotten so far is when resin/silicone doesn't fill up gaps/dips complete and the resin/silicone has set.

I have recommendations for pressure pot and compressor but they cost more than what you're looking for, plus I'm in the UK so importing one for you might not be an option.