Author Topic: Le expensive IMB BMW spring  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Targa-TV

Re: Le expensive IMB BMW spring
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 03:00:13 »
The vendor knows it's a collector's dream but that poor board is so dusty, I would despair about the condition of the switches.

I don't know if mkb collectors like to press the switches in their possession from time to time but if those switches are scratchy as hell and feel horrible, you're paying only for the keycaps, for aesthetics.

I hope one of our collectors will reply, I'm interested to know what they think about this.
Filco MJ2 Black - MX Red | VA88M - MX Brown | Cherry G80-3000 -
  MX Blue | Cherry G80-3000 - MX Black | XD75re - MX Silent Red

[image]http://i.imgur.com/our8YUc.png[/image]

Offline JP

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 07:28:03 »
I don't own a beamspring yet but I see that Orihalcon does sell some beamspring parts. It seems that most vintage beamsprings need some restoration. Some in terrible condition have been saved. I see that one bidder has bid 67 times in $2 increments which looks like shill bidding. Not sure why someone would bid like this since there is so much hype already this might go to $1000 on its own. A figure much too high in my opinion, especially when you factor in any restoration costs and time.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 May 2017, 07:52:49 by JP »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 14:03:25 »
The vendor knows it's a collector's dream but that poor board is so dusty, I would despair about the condition of the switches.

I don't know if mkb collectors like to press the switches in their possession from time to time but if those switches are scratchy as hell and feel horrible, you're paying only for the keycaps, for aesthetics.

I hope one of our collectors will reply, I'm interested to know what they think about this.

Worth every penny, just needs a cleaning. It's got all the caps and none appear bent.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150