Author Topic: Topre keysets/keycaps, does anyone know where to buy them?  (Read 2902 times)

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

Topre keysets/keycaps, does anyone know where to buy them?
« on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 11:59:02 »
I bought some keycaps on mecarket that look really nice on my hhkb.

As you can see I'm missing only a single key. I ordered one from eBay, but it says the color is "random" so I'm just really hoping it comes blue.

Anyways, does anyone have any ideas on what to do if this doesn't work out? Also feel free to post any keycap stories.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:02:19 by sam0s »

Offline BSmith333

Re: Topre keysets/keycaps, does anyone know where to buy them?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:15:53 »
You could dye the cap if it is pbt, you might not get the exact same color but it will be close

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:20:47 »
If you bought the $5 set I found that says random color I'd just buy another set or two and see if it works out. You should be able to sell the extra sets here or on r/mm for the same price you bought them and $5 will be cheaper than buying dye and sacrificing a few enters trying to get a color match.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:33:56 »
If you bought the $5 set I found that says random color I'd just buy another set or two and see if it works out. You should be able to sell the extra sets here or on r/mm for the same price you bought them and $5 will be cheaper than buying dye and sacrificing a few enters trying to get a color match.

Yeah that is the one! That's a really good idea, I should try that.

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:35:40 »
You could dye the cap if it is pbt, you might not get the exact same color but it will be close

I have definitely considered dying, but I'd like to see if I can straight up purchase it first, just because I know learning to dye can be a ton of trial and error.