Author Topic: [IC] Custom Keyboard - Democratic Republic of MOON - GB open  (Read 52116 times)

Offline stand.geek

Nice! So much hype here :cool:
Looking forward for GB stage

Offline zzyjayfree

Nice, really like the winning options

Sent from my sofa using lazy-stuff...

Rioc I see you already have the moon w/ yuri in your signature, haha  :thumb:
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Kavik

My hand drawn entries weren't included in the voting (they sucked compared to everyone else's to be honest, so no harm); do I get a keycap?  :-[

Great designs for the final logo and weight btw!
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.

of course... it's a definite buy for me :)  :thumb:

Offline aznreaper

Is the weight design confirmed to be etched on the plate, or is there any chance that it can be designed like the original weight?

Congrats on the winners, logos look good!

Offline JDragon

Looking good! GB soon? :D

Offline swangful

Offline swangful

any updates on this GB?

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
any updates on this GB?

I think they are going to finalize the color option this time before the buy starts. Hopefully a full titanium gray board is a possibility.

Offline kevinzavier

Yes that would be dope!!! I just want something to match gmk coniferous, so dark grey :)

Offline forevermadrigal

any updates on this GB?
The impatience is real. I'm sure there's a lot of details that need to be sorted out. Also he said he wanted people's wallets to recover.

Offline zzyjayfree

Hey guys, sorry for slow updates. We are still discussing color options as I don't really want to go through the mess like last time.

Good news tho, we might be able to make the moon phase weight design back to cut-outs!

Just bear the wait for a few more days and we will announce our decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline swangful

Hey guys, sorry for slow updates. We are still discussing color options as I don't really want to go through the mess like last time.

Good news tho, we might be able to make the moon phase weight design back to cut-outs!

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the update

Offline rioc

any updates on this GB?
The impatience is real. I'm sure there's a lot of details that need to be sorted out. Also he said he wanted people's wallets to recover.

well this year there's not gonna be any recovering... too much going on. Might have to live abstinent next year so I can afford food again. Eating switches like cereal ain't too tasty  :p

Offline rioc

sounds great! :)

Offline kevinzavier

Can we get a say in the colors zzjay? I really wish there was a keyboard that matches the n9 color in gmk keysets like dolch. Something that looks like the https://www.massdrop.com/buy/carbon#imagecarousel render

Offline swangful

any updates on this GB?

It is. I am not a patient man. I figured all the details were sorted out from the last GB already, but glad were revisiting the details.

Offline Wraul

This is huge news.
I was rather sad when it was stated that the weight would be a standard bar.
It felt like a wasted opportunity, as the moon phase design are such a great fit for the cut outs.
So happy that they now appears to be happening.

Take all the time you need to finalise everything before entering GB mode again.

Offline zzyjayfree

Can we get a say in the colors zzjay? I really wish there was a keyboard that matches the n9 color in gmk keysets like dolch. Something that looks like the https://www.massdrop.com/buy/carbon#imagecarousel render
Yes for sure. Express what you would like and wether you want to match a theme or a keycap set. Can't guarantee anything but all voices will be heard.

Offline Robotical

Yes for sure. Express what you would like and wether you want to match a theme or a keycap set. Can't guarantee anything but all voices will be heard.

I would love to see a good purple personally. :)

Offline rioc

I'm really happy with the colours that were offered before, just I'd like to mix and match the colour for each part freely :)

Offline deterouni

I was super sad when I thought I would have to chose between this and SKOG.  Now this this delay happened I can get both.  Also, kudos to you for taking the high road and doing a redesign.  Super pumped for this.

Offline Atredl

I'd really like plain silver. Silver and brass weight looks like a sweet combo for this board.

Offline rioc

I was super sad when I thought I would have to chose between this and SKOG.  Now this this delay happened I can get both.  Also, kudos to you for taking the high road and doing a redesign.  Super pumped for this.

nice, also got in on the skog... which colour did you go for?

Offline FactoryDefaults

Also any change the moon logo can be anodized or be in brass? In the GB of the original moon i think it was only available in stainless steel, which would be a little distracting with some color combos.

Offline rioc

Also any change the moon logo can be anodized or be in brass? In the GB of the original moon i think it was only available in stainless steel, which would be a little distracting with some color combos.

in the GB entry-form the logo was either in an anodized aluminium colour or brass... so I guess they'll keep that option

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls

Sounds good. Looking forward to this!

Offline kevinzavier

Let's get a dark grey color option that matches gmk coniferous and gmk carbon!

Offline Pendylan

I like the new designs more than the original!! Very excited for this GB, great job on continuing the project after the initial setback!

Now to wait patiently for the GB then for it to ship.   :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
as far as colors go, i would also like to see purple but i am also interested in a variety of greens

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
as far as colors go, i would also like to see purple but i am also interested in a variety of greens

I really liked the light grey and green option. I hope it stays.

Offline JDragon

Still hoping for black and gold like the original IC render.

White would be a great option also if micro arc oxidization is an option.

My own personal wish is a dark navy "midnight" blue color.

Offline swangful

Still hoping for black and gold like the original IC render.

White would be a great option also if micro arc oxidization is an option.

My own personal wish is a dark navy "midnight" blue color.

Same, black and gold all day  :cool:

Offline FactoryDefaults

in the GB entry-form the logo was either in an anodized aluminium colour or brass... so I guess they'll keep that option
As you can see in the original GB it is only mentioned that the logo is SS, and with the brass options it doesnt get mentioned. Thats why i am wondering if that will be an option in either anodized alu or brass.

Offline stand.geek

I think rose gold, like the one in M65-A would be great.
Rose gold on top and white on bottom.
 ;D

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
Still might wanna **** around if I can get all black.

Offline PLC

When are you gonna reopen the GB? ;)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker

Honestly I would love a board to match SA Camping, I think that Military Green and Wine Red combo would look absolutely stunning and i've seen exactly zero other boards with those colors together.

Offline Arallu

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:25:39 by Arallu »

Offline zzyjayfree

Here I have some new pics of moon prototypes, under natural lighting and no film added: http://imgur.com/a/2yFWZ

Meanwhile going through old order form and collecting information. Plan is to cut some less popular color options and still allow free combos.

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
Here I have some new pics of moon prototypes, under natural lighting and no film added: http://imgur.com/a/2yFWZ

Meanwhile going through old order form and collecting information. Plan is to cut some less popular color options and still allow free combos.
They look great, very excited.

Offline FactoryDefaults

Damn, love the green board!

Offline zzyjayfree

They look great, very excited.

Damn, love the green board!

Check like five mins later tho, some are still uploading

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
still here, can't stop, won't stop!

i'm happy with the winner's design as well.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline kevinzavier

I really like the green keyboard but I feel like no gmk sets match with it...

Offline swangful

GMK camping time? :D

Offline megaforce

Any updates on color options?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Kavik

I'm hoping the carbon color scheme is still available. I joined the SA Carbon R2 drop just for this keyboard.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline afrokobe

GMK camping time? :D
coniferous?

Offline zzyjayfree

27-JUN-2017 Update:
Color options: Based on stats from previous "GB", I eliminated 3 colors as they are too close to some other colors: Coral Black and Black Oak as they are too close to Ink Black; Pumpkin Orange as it's too close to Carbon Orange.

The surviving colors are: Ink Black, Starry Night Grey, Titanium Grey, Carbon Orange, Champagne Gold, Light Grey, Blue Magenta, Wine Red, Violet Purple, Light Purple, Military Green and Fern Green.
It was not easy to name/translate the color names from Chinese and if you not remember which is which, please refer to this album: http://imgur.com/a/2yFWZ  It still includes the three eliminated colors but I listed color names under pics.

We will still allow free combination of top, bottom cases and plate. Logo will be made in stainless steel or brass at your choice with no extra cost. Weight and stripes are aluminum and can be updated to brass with extra cost. Please note that we will not allow picking colors for weight or stripes any more for cost control. Weight will be in the same color as top case, stripes will be in the same color as bottom case.

I want to hear voices before Friday, planning to re-open GB this weekend if everything's going well!
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 June 2017, 22:35:36 by zzyjayfree »