Author Topic: Keycult (keyboards etc.)  (Read 127085 times)

Offline Theconejo

Re: Keycult Keyboards — TKL "No. 1"
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 17:07:41 »
Not sure how I missed this but I am very sad.

Offline joey

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 17:14:41 »
It was not public until the GB had pretty much ended!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 17:44:05 »
Beautiful work Riot! Would love to see a GB for it someday :)

Problem with this board is that I'd never get to use it because it would always be flipped upside down so I could admire it's sexy backside.   :p

GJ Riot! VERY COOL :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Finish: no flaws, looks gorgeous
Design: creative, and just as i like it, with no diffuser, but rather a large middle piece in metal
Group buy experience: best you can probably get, shipped super fast and great email updates

I have done trades with riotonthebay, and now a group buy, he keeps on doing the impossible and would recommend his keyboard stuff to anyone looking for high quality and accomplished work.

10/10

These are amazing!

You all are too sweet  :-*  :-*

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 23:12:02 »
I'M BACK *****ES

with a tactical and strategic potato pic

I love Elzy

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 23:25:05 »
I'M BACK *****ES

Show Image

Very appropriate colours for sifo  ;)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 23:33:59 »
I'M BACK *****ES

Show Image

Very appropriate colours for sifo  ;)

Right?  :))

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 23:41:33 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:04:49 by alienman82 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 00:32:58 »
I'M BACK *****ES

Show Image

looks like a watermelon which is kinda dope

reminded me of watermelon too, gmk miami will be going on it.
I love Elzy

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 00:47:27 »
I really want one of these..

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 01:49:23 »
did anyone get a white one or is it silver with lighting making it look white? If so pls contact me.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 13:35:33 »
please gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 14:06:25 »
did anyone get a white one or is it silver with lighting making it look white? If so pls contact me.

No white, just silver
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 14:07:39 »
Taking the time to write up a review after using the board as a daily driver for over a week, anyway lets get into it.

The packaging by Riot had quite a few nice touches with the stamp and personalized note card. I could tell there was thought put into the presentation of the packaging which is usually just over looked and thrown away once the board opened.

Anodization quality is top notch and the colors matched the color chips exactly (although I did pick simple colors). The machined parts fit together perfectly with very little wiggle room.

The option for a poly carbonate partial plate is one I wish every group buy offered. The pcb mount alphas have no harsh bottom out feedback and the sound created from the non metalic material is a deeper thock than a normal alu or SS plate.

The gasket mounting was a bit of a struggle to get right (should have read the instructions), but the compression created with the plate and top and middle lets the plate sit very firmly in the case.

Thoughts are bit all over the place, but if you have any questions on my personal opinion of the board feel free contact me. Still learning how to take pictures then eventually edit, but here are my best shots.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 14:12:50 »
Taking the time to write up a review after using the board as a daily driver for over a week, anyway lets get into it.

The packaging by Riot had quite a few nice touches with the stamp and personalized note card. I could tell there was thought put into the presentation of the packaging which is usually just over looked and thrown away once the board opened.

Anodization quality is top notch and the colors matched the color chips exactly (although I did pick simple colors). The machined parts fit together perfectly with very little wiggle room.

The option for a poly carbonate partial plate is one I wish every group buy offered. The pcb mount alphas have no harsh bottom out feedback and the sound created from the non metalic material is a deeper thock than a normal alu or SS plate.

The gasket mounting was a bit of a struggle to get right (should have read the instructions), but the compression created with the plate and top and middle lets the plate sit very firmly in the case.

Thoughts are bit all over the place, but if you have any questions on my personal opinion of the board feel free contact me. Still learning how to take pictures then eventually edit, but here are my best shots.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice color combo  :cool:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 14:38:07 »
I want this board!! Great pics and thank you for the reviews.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 18:15:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

thanks for the write up, makes me even more excited for this to happen

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 20:46:52 »

Yeah it's silver. I'll try to get photos of my board soon.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 21:12:04 »

YEAH HURRY UP ALREADY.  GOD.  :))

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 09:12:58 »

YEAH HURRY UP ALREADY.  GOD.  :))

Yeah!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 12:55:45 »
Took some pictures while building Sent's board  :thumb: Full build log here.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 13:11:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That pink is so good!!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 13:14:11 »
 :eek: :cool:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 13:17:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This will be my first TKL, first time trying Silent Blacks, and finally a return to having a black board.  Very excited to get this in the mail this week.  One of the best group buy experiences I've been a part of.  Riot killed it this time. 

And now the waiting game...

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 14:04:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

that color combo  :eek:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 15:01:07 »
Going to unwatch the thread b/c I don't like seeing things I want but can't have  :p

Make sure you start a R2 thread whenever you decide to offer these to a larger group of people.  I'd love to buy one.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 22:21:36 »
alright well i really want one of these so just feel free to run the GB whenever
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Minha

• I Don't Want To Die Like Cobain
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 01:50:14 »
The most GORGEOUS colour selection of any customs! Hopefully GB will happen sooner or later  :p

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 03:07:32 »
I support all things riot.

Amazing looking board.

And thank goodness no LEDs.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 01:59:09 »
So I've been wanting to do a typing test for the No.1 because it sounds so amazing, but I've been too lazy. Until now!

I was doing a typing video for someone looking to buy one of my boards and thought to record everything on the shelf.

The comments from others reaffirm my personal opinion that the No.1 is one of the best sounding I've owned.

With out further ado:
(switch description should be in each video title)

Keycult No.1

LZ-FE
LZ-CLS
Matrix 1.0 r2

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 02:40:49 »
So I've been wanting to do a typing test for the No.1 because it sounds so amazing, but I've been too lazy. Until now!
I was doing a typing video for someone looking to buy one of my boards and thought to record everything on the shelf.

Kind of a pointless comparison if each board has different switches in it no?

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 02:50:57 »
They all sound good dude (except the MX browns on the Matrix, maybe)
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline Jedi

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 10:06:45 »
Man if I ever get a shot at this board I am definitely going to throw on my gat tactile clears.  I was actually considering to shelve them in favor of the cherry mx silents but this has me considering otherwise.  Great build, love the GMK burgundy on that one.

Offline Trente

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 21:30:07 »

LZ-FE

Woo the LZFE with alps brown, never know that lz board can go with alps switch besides the specific lz alps I guess.

Offline Trente

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 21:32:19 »

There are three design decisions I'd like to mention. The first is that the "weight" isn't so much of a weight as it is half of a two-part case bottom — the weight design visible on the underside of the case is the same piece of material that forms the strip that runs around the side and back of the case. The second is that the plate is sandwich-mounted between the two-part bottom and the case top. Sandwich-style cases have, in my experience, provided the best typing experience and sound compared to bottom or top-mounted plates. Third, adhesive rubber gaskets have been incorporated into grooves in the case top to ensure that the plate is sandwiched perfectly with no wiggle room.

Show Image
Show Image

The midplate/weight design is awesome! If there could a a chance that this keyboard support alps pcb/plate or it can work with some existing Alps PCB like one from LFK keyboard would be awesome!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 21:52:47 »

There are three design decisions I'd like to mention. The first is that the "weight" isn't so much of a weight as it is half of a two-part case bottom — the weight design visible on the underside of the case is the same piece of material that forms the strip that runs around the side and back of the case. The second is that the plate is sandwich-mounted between the two-part bottom and the case top. Sandwich-style cases have, in my experience, provided the best typing experience and sound compared to bottom or top-mounted plates. Third, adhesive rubber gaskets have been incorporated into grooves in the case top to ensure that the plate is sandwiched perfectly with no wiggle room.

Show Image
Show Image

The midplate/weight design is awesome! If there could a a chance that this keyboard support alps pcb/plate or it can work with some existing Alps PCB like one from LFK keyboard would be awesome!

tx87 supports ALPS IIRC
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 22:33:36 »

LZ-FE

Woo the LZFE with alps brown, never know that lz board can go with alps switch besides the specific lz alps I guess.

Leeku has a L3 Alphas PCB and LZ offers a Alps plate if you ask

Offline Trente

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 22:53:28 »
tx87 supports ALPS IIRC

Leeku has a L3 Alphas PCB and LZ offers a Alps plate if you ask

Thanks for the suggestion! Recently got some variety of alps switch and a full set of lightcycle keycap so really want to put them on some nice and cool looking end game board  like this one in my opinion (don't want to make any mess with the vaulable blue alps and fragile pmk alps caps).

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 11:34:46 »
If the L3 Alphas PCB has the same footprint as the TX87, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. If there's an open/available DFX for a Alps-compatible TKL plate out there, that'd also be a big help and make it a lot more likely that I could make it happen. Realistically I'd just make a drawing for a Keycult No.1-compatible Alps plate available and then let folks run a mini-GB to make it happen.

BTW laughatpain, thanks a bunch for the video comparisons! I'm glad you like the sound as much as I do  ;D

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 12:06:52 »
If the L3 Alphas PCB has the same footprint as the TX87, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. If there's an open/available DFX for a Alps-compatible TKL plate out there, that'd also be a big help and make it a lot more likely that I could make it happen. Realistically I'd just make a drawing for a Keycult No.1-compatible Alps plate available and then let folks run a mini-GB to make it happen.

BTW laughatpain, thanks a bunch for the video comparisons! I'm glad you like the sound as much as I do  ;D

The L3 Alphas PCB "should" be the same foot print. I know a few people have designed Alps plates for "jane style" plate mounting if you are interested in asking around. L3 Alphas PCBs would come from Leeku himself and I'm not sure of his stock numbers after a few orders during the LZ-CLS gb.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 12:17:37 »
I have to say that this is one dope TKL, I really like the design and the way the final product looks  :thumb:
If one day you will make a 60% like this.... I'd love one  :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:15:01 »

The L3 Alphas PCB "should" be the same foot print. I know a few people have designed Alps plates for "jane style" plate mounting if you are interested in asking around. L3 Alphas PCBs would come from Leeku himself and I'm not sure of his stock numbers after a few orders during the LZ-CLS gb.

Kin has all the info for most leeku PCBs anyway, so stock levels don't really matter.

L3 ALPS pcb is basically a TX87, you're correct.

Offline Trente

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 19:20:45 »

Hope a larger scale groupbuy for this board and the alps compatible kit will be available soon!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 16:26:21 »
Built mine today, it is a lovely board. I will have more opinions on the typing characteristics of the board after I have used it a little more. The final keyset will be Miami Nights which is still being run by Originative.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 17:02:01 »
Nice color.

I like the cyan mid with the black bottom, it's the color I'm planning on getting.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 September 2017, 17:03:39 by Puddsy »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 17:13:40 »
Built mine today, it is a lovely board. I will have more opinions on the typing characteristics of the board after I have used it a little more. The final keyset will be Miami Nights which is still being run by Originative.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

luks gud
I love Elzy

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 11:58:20 »
Oh that looks great. Hopefully I can snag one when the opportunity pops up!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 02:17:44 »

yee.  i love how that hawt pink plate still shows through.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 18:02:16 »
No more top case dent, custom cyan anodizing, corrected gasket slots and one sexy potato

Will build it once Miami GMK ships to me. Ordered some MOD switches to go with it. Too lazy to mod my own switches now, it gets really dull after you've done like 2000 of them.

sorry for yellow lighting
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 September 2017, 18:07:03 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 20:41:04 »
No more top case dent, custom cyan anodizing, corrected gasket slots and one sexy potato

Show Image

Will build it once Miami GMK ships to me. Ordered some MOD switches to go with it. Too lazy to mod my own switches now, it gets really dull after you've done like 2000 of them.

sorry for yellow lighting

The one on the left looks pretty green. Interesting color difference.

Offline Millsoncapo

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 03:53:44 »
great.I like this "weight" design,is heavy?