Author Topic: Chester Bennington Suicide  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
Chester Bennington Suicide
« on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 14:21:12 »
This hit me hard.

They where the first band that I actually got into as a kid.

They helped me through a lot of that teenage confusion back in the early 2000's.

I know Meteora and Hybrid Theory like the back of my hand.

Rest In Peace...

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Chester Bennington Suicide
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 14:48:57 »
rip

linkin park was big in my teenage years, their new LP makes it more depressing

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 21:55:15 »
I kinda got into Linkin Park a few years back, great music.

It's sad when this kind of thing happens.

RIP
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 22:23:13 »
Careful with the drugs guys..

Once you have a long life stint in reducing receptor count,   it's all too easy to get depressed, because your normal steady state is broken.

This can also happen with marijuana use too,  although it takes longer.  --but-- most pot heads do it for years.. so.. yea it happens..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:35:38 »
This is the first I'm hearing of this. Sad news!
Man, I used to run a website fan club dedicated to Linkin Park back when I was a teenager.
Their first CD was amazing and I think I'll listen to it in his honor tonight.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 11:18:12 »

Once you have a long life stint in reducing receptor count,   it's all too easy to get depressed, because your normal steady state is broken.

This can also happen with marijuana use too,  although it takes longer.  --but-- most pot heads do it for years.. so.. yea it happens..

I don't believe it was drugs.

Chester was best friends with Chris Cornell, who also killed him self a few months back.

He killed him self on Chris Cornell's Birthday, the same way Chris killed him self.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 11:35:42 »

I don't believe it was drugs.

Chester was best friends with Chris Cornell, who also killed him self a few months back.

He killed him self on Chris Cornell's Birthday, the same way Chris killed him self.

A person who struggles with alcohol and drug addictions.

-- his buddy kills himself.
-- he kills himself

No the drugs didn't kill him --That day--..   But my point is, drug use very commonly lead to depressions because of neurotoxic dopa levels..  This over time fundamentally reorganizes the brain to be --less capable-- of being steady/happy (on its own)..

To- Clarify,  drug use does not diminish the gravity of a person's passing, Merely trying to point out that it significantly impacted the Totality of events culminating in such tragedy.