Author Topic: Cherry MX White  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Harms

Cherry MX White
« on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:10:21 »
Hello everyone

Where can I buy the clicky cherry mx white switches? I remember seeing a site with them, but totally forgot the site.

Thank you for your input.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
Cherry MX White
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:13:30 »
I got mine from mechanicalkeyboards.com however shipping outside of the US was unreasonably expensive

But maybe 7bit has got some in stock again, he got a thread over at Dufour for that

Sent from my sofa using lazy-stuff...

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
Re: Cherry MX White
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:34:38 »
I have 87 of 'em for sale in the classifieds if you lookin' fam... Would need to adjust the price a little for Canada shipping tho.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline Harms

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:42:06 »
I found them on clueboard. Thanks a lot guys and good luck selling them ygor :)

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:32:43 »
I found them on clueboard. Thanks a lot guys and good luck selling them ygor :)

I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:22:31 »
Bit late now but make sure you get the retooled versions. They don't have the inconsistency problems the older ones did. I know for certain that sennin32 on eBay has them, that's where I bought mine from.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline Harms

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:33:03 »
Bit late now but make sure you get the retooled versions. They don't have the inconsistency problems the older ones did. I know for certain that sennin32 on eBay has them, that's where I bought mine from.
Not late at all. Yea I heard of those inconsistencies that's why I'm still kind of scared to buy them lol. But how can you tell if they are re tooled or not. So far I found two retailers who sell them. I also plan on spring swaping them.

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:45:50 »
Not late at all. Yea I heard of those inconsistencies that's why I'm still kind of scared to buy them lol. But how can you tell if they are re tooled or not. So far I found two retailers who sell them. I also plan on spring swaping them.

I don't know of any any ways to tell from the outside. The new ones have gold plated springs, though. I don't know what other sellers carry them, but the seller I mentioned has always delivered the new ones :)
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline Harms

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:52:49 »

I don't know of any any ways to tell from the outside. The new ones have gold plated springs, though. I don't know what other sellers carry them, but the seller I mentioned has always delivered the new ones :)

New ones have the gold plated springs? That is easy to tell at least. Would you mind passing me the link to the seller on e-bay? It would be much appreciated, thank you very much :).
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 July 2017, 18:55:24 by Harms »

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 18:07:20 »
New ones have the gold plated springs? That is east to tell at least. Would you mind passing me the link to the seller on e-bay? It would be much appreciated, thank you very much :).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/61-87-104-108-PCs-Cherry-White-Milky-3-Pin-MX-Series-Mechanical-Switch-DIY-/282437365356

Adjust the link and number of switches to fit your country and keyboard :)