Author Topic: [IC] Canoe by Percent Studios  (Read 66134 times)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [IC] Canoe by Percent Studios
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 23:33:34 »
I'm interested in the all-black model.

but you have one already  :-[
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 00:33:13 »
Just wanna know if we'd be getting options for different colours? I know Percent has spoken with an EU and Aussie Party, with both being offered only one colour. Was wondering if we'd be able to pick and choose.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 01:27:03 »

Says the guy with the signature... 456GT | TGR Jane | TGR 910 | Duck Blackbird | LZ CLS | Novatouch | Fjell | X60 | M10A
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 02:05:47 »
Just wanna know if we'd be getting options for different colours? I know Percent has spoken with an EU and Aussie Party, with both being offered only one colour. Was wondering if we'd be able to pick and choose.

He said there will be options

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 02:06:34 »

Says the guy with the signature... 456GT | TGR Jane | TGR 910 | Duck Blackbird | LZ CLS | Novatouch | Fjell | X60 | M10A

at least he had only one of each  ^-^

Offline patersunny

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 02:16:07 »

Excited, any idea when this all might kick off? I'm chomping at the bit to get one.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 02:39:58 »

Excited, any idea when this all might kick off? I'm chomping at the bit to get one.
They just had mid autumn festival so he's really slow with his replies. I've been spamming for an answer :/

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 15:21:54 »
Have you decided how your going to run this? (FCFS, raffle, etc.) Also, am I the only one that finds it strange they have a 60 on the weight instead of a 65? That's not going to stop me from trying to get one though :P

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 18:22:19 »
Have you decided how your going to run this? (FCFS, raffle, etc.) Also, am I the only one that finds it strange they have a 60 on the weight instead of a 65? That's not going to stop me from trying to get one though :P

Board was run FCFS in China, I suspect that's how it'll be done here as well.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline txclack

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 19:43:24 »
I hope there are some interesting colors

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 19:55:04 »
I hope its not FCFS, kinda ****ty way to do it, when there is so much interest and just 49 cases. Raffle would give everybody a fair chance.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 20:03:32 »

Why? What does the way the GB runner did something in China matter?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 20:49:02 »

Because the same team is running it here.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 22:27:31 »

Because the same team is running it here.

BeamingRobot ran the China GB? Also the IC form asks people what they want lol. I don’t think that would happen if it was just whatever happened last time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 23:52:38 »
So just to clarify, I'm not part of the Percent Team, I'm not from China as well  :p

That aside, Percent ran their buys on TB so that's pretty much FCFS. I'm gonna hold a raffle instead since we have quite a bit of interest (130 plus email addresses and counting)

Tentatively speaking it'll be open for 24 hours to ensure everyone who wants to try their luck get a chance, as much as I wanted to hold a rain dance competition only 6 people wanted that, so raffle it is.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 00:14:20 »
figured percent would want it run their way, guess not

enjoy your raffle then i guess

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 06:23:54 »
Aww sad its gonna be raffle style.. Havent had luck on any of those so far. Would love to get a canoe to match my skog!

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 10:46:52 »
Same, was hoping for FCFS since that's the only way I've been able to get anything. Guess I'll just have to cross my fingers.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 12:36:03 »
Damn. Keep coming back to look at these. Def want grey with some cyan 🙉

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 12:50:02 »
subbed, this looks badass  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline txclack

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 18:31:42 »
Awww fingers crossed on a raffle then I guess.  I like FCFS if everyone is aware of what time it'll begin prior.  Raffle allows for multiple entry abuse.

Offline avid

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 18:39:02 »
Awww fingers crossed on a raffle then I guess.  I like FCFS if everyone is aware of what time it'll begin prior.  Raffle allows for multiple entry abuse.

Yep, agree on this. FCFC with posting the time in advance is prefered method.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 21:41:22 »

No... its not... I get it, there are ways to game the system with FCFS to greatly increase your odds. That doesn't make you any more entitled to the GB than anyone else. If there are 150 people interested and only 50 slots, the only FAIR way raffle.

The real issue with FCFS is that there are lots of factors and complications there. People work different schedules and live in different time zones. people have **** come up.

Now if you wanna argue it shouldn't be fair, we can have that conversation, but in my opinion, if there are 150 people who are interested in the GB then there are 150 people who should have a chance. Not just the 100 who happen to be available at a certain time and date and happen to have access to a low latency network connection and have text auto complete setup etc.

I get it, that means your odds are lower, and that sucks, but you are no more important than anyone else who wants a shot.

Offline txclack

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 22:06:27 »

No... its not... I get it, there are ways to game the system with FCFS to greatly increase your odds. That doesn't make you any more entitled to the GB than anyone else. If there are 150 people interested and only 50 slots, the only FAIR way raffle.

The real issue with FCFS is that there are lots of factors and complications there. People work different schedules and live in different time zones. people have **** come up.

Now if you wanna argue it shouldn't be fair, we can have that conversation, but in my opinion, if there are 150 people who are interested in the GB then there are 150 people who should have a chance. Not just the 100 who happen to be available at a certain time and date and happen to have access to a low latency network connection and have text auto complete setup etc.

I get it, that means your odds are lower, and that sucks, but you are no more important than anyone else who wants a shot.

There are downsides to both.  Neither are perfect. 

Raffle only does not mean equal chances - in a perfect world yes, but we don't live in that world.  There are people who enter more than once, doubling their chances.  Or there are people who can convince their family and friends to enter the form for them in an effort to find a loop-hole to the "1 entry rule".  It turns into a how many friends do you have that are willing to help you game the system.  Even worse, with raffle-only you have people who only enter because they want to take advantage of the situation and flip the item on the aftermarket, which takes items out of the hands of people who truly want it. 

So neither are perfect. 

Either way, It's a pointless argument because beamingrobot wants a raffle, so a raffle it will be.

Offline Baconheart

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 01:16:15 »

There are downsides to both.  Neither are perfect. 

Raffle only does not mean equal chances - in a perfect world yes, but we don't live in that world.  There are people who enter more than once, doubling their chances.  Or there are people who can convince their family and friends to enter the form for them in an effort to find a loop-hole to the "1 entry rule".  It turns into a how many friends do you have that are willing to help you game the system.  Even worse, with raffle-only you have people who only enter because they want to take advantage of the situation and flip the item on the aftermarket, which takes items out of the hands of people who truly want it. 

So neither are perfect. 

Either way, It's a pointless argument because beamingrobot wants a raffle, so a raffle it will be.

You have good points, but flippers are still a problem with either method. Look at Fugus, they're all sold FCFS and there's tons of people who set up bots waiting for sales, then buy them no matter what just to resell for an instant profit.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 01:23:45 »
flippers are an unavoidable part of this hobby, ESPECIALLY in the keyboard kit sector

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 01:29:40 »
flippers are unavoidable

fix't

Let's not forget the iphone scalping industry or the nintendo scalping industry etc etc etc. Or the actual ticket scalping industry. Anywhere there is real profit potential you will find someone who wants to buy it to sell it for profit.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 08:52:36 »
Minimum post count would get rid of most flippers, but it'd also upset a lot of people as they aren't active here.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:09:23 »
Minimum post count would get rid of most flippers, but it'd also upset a lot of people as they aren't active here.

you'd be surprised

Offline mudcakehoney

[IC] Canoe by Percent Studios
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:29:15 »
I’d be upset with minimum post count, I’m quite active on reddit but have only just signed up here. The Canoe is what made me signup to GH in the first place if I was penalised because I hadn’t replied to a bunch of threads in here It would be unfair

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:33:18 »

you'd be surprised

Guess it depends how low/high it is.

I’d be upset with minimum post count, I’m quite active on reddit but have only just signed up here. The Canoe is what made me signup to GH in the first place if I was penalised because I hadn’t replied to a bunch of threads in here It would be unfair

Yeah that's exactly why it'd upset.

I wish more would interact here, and not just have an account for raffles (such as PS).

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 20:40:01 »
^^ but that really doesn’t make sense, I’m still fairly new to custom building and GB’s having discovered mechanical keyboards through reddit. A post showing a built Canoe there floored me and since then I have been searching for how to buy one.. which led me here. Since then I have signed up and tried to be as active as I can. Do I not deserve the same chance to get a Canoe as you or someone on here just because you’ve been here longer? I may not have 6 builds and 20 Keysets but I promise you my passion for this is strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 21:01:06 »
You deserve the same chance yeah; I never said we should have it for this buy. Your passion is probably much stonger than mine :))

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 05:36:38 »
We all have to start one day. I joined geekhack recently with my new passion for keebs. I had the chance to buy a slot into the EXENT group buy from someone (and I am so excited about it). Now I would really love the canoe as a second keyboard, and I hope there will be no "minimum post" to have the chance to get one  :p

Offline avid

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 10:03:32 »
Is there any info if this GB will offer ISO-compatible plate/pcb?

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 17:17:33 »

Very much doubt it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 17:20:46 »

Very much doubt it.

percent (and most other chinese designers) don't see a point in adding ISO, since nobody really uses it, and sometimes the parts don't make moq in chinese buys

but it might have it

Offline avid

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 17:31:28 »

Very much doubt it.

percent (and most other chinese designers) don't see a point in adding ISO, since nobody really uses it, and sometimes the parts don't make moq in chinese buys

but it might have it

Well figured they dont bother at taobao since ~all chinese user is on ANSI.
GH is different though.

Their SKOG keyboard had ISO-compatability so i can only hope.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 18:10:10 »

Very much doubt it.

but it might have it

Well figured they dont bother at taobao since ~all chinese user is on ANSI.
GH is different though.

Their SKOG keyboard had ISO-compatability so i can only hope.

TKL =/= 65

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 10:31:29 »
Interested depending on the colors available. Any idea what firmware the PCB uses?

Offline timerickson

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 22:22:51 »

This would legit break my heart, and I would regret lurking here for so many years. The Canoe is my dream 65% after trying 10+ other keyboards, and certainly have no intention of flipping. Have some consideration for interested quiet members

Offline Maxusy

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 02:23:41 »
Interested depending on the colors available. Any idea what firmware the PCB uses?

uses bootmapperclient, so fully programmable & able to tune the rgb leds
b.face x2

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 11:19:27 »
Update?

We're waiting on pictures of the colour choices from Percent. Sorry for the lack of progress but we're moving along slowly for now :)

Once we have it I'll have it up and explain more about it. We might go with FCFS based on the Kira buy as quite a few invoices and emails were ignored, causing more headaches than it should. I'll deliberate about it over the weekend.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 11:26:53 »
Update?

We're waiting on pictures of the colour choices from Percent. Sorry for the lack of progress but we're moving along slowly for now :)

Once we have it I'll have it up and explain more about it. We might go with FCFS based on the Kira buy as quite a few invoices and emails were ignored, causing more headaches than it should. I'll deliberate about it over the weekend.

Sounds good! =D

Offline Murrellz

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 11:37:49 »
How about a compromise? A raffle with a set date and time that ends in 10 minutes. That way, gives enough people who are waiting to fill out the form and have a chance of actually getting one of these without having to be a super fast typer or have autofill whatever to get one. Will stop people who just pass by and are like "ooh a raffle today, i'll just sign up and decide if I actually want it later".

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 11:56:57 »
How about a compromise? A raffle with a set date and time that ends in 10 minutes. That way, gives enough people who are waiting to fill out the form and have a chance of actually getting one of these without having to be a super fast typer or have autofill whatever to get one. Will stop people who just pass by and are like "ooh a raffle today, i'll just sign up and decide if I actually want it later".
If it's FCFS it'll be on monokei.us , as it's easier to work on the orders using the shop rather than manually changing up invoices and stuff, but i'll think about a PS style raffle as well.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 12:32:57 »
Update?

I really hope its a raffle though.  Atleast it gives everyone a fair chance :(
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 07:58:47 »
I think flipping will be a problem no matter how the sale happens, it’s probably better to just go with whatever is easiest for the vendor, if that’s FCFS then so be it, if it’s a raffle then that’s fine too.

Offline txclack

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 20:36:54 »

you'd be surprised

I wish more would interact here, and not just have an account for raffles (such as PS).

Even though I have a low post count - I agree with your idea.  If anything it'll encourage people to interact more on GH knowing that post count holds some weight.  Also, it is a sure fire way to eliminate the 0 post multiple accounts people may or maynot have

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 00:57:06 »

you'd be surprised

Even though I have a low post count - I agree with your idea.  If anything it'll encourage people to interact more on GH knowing that post count holds some weight.  Also, it is a sure fire way to eliminate the 0 post multiple accounts people may or maynot have

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are weirdos with multiple high post accounts lol.

TBH, fcfs and raffles have both been going pretty good for me lately. I have more confidence I could win fcfs, but I still think raffle is more fair.

As to the Kira, I for one was super glad people dropped out, cause I got to wake up to a reraffle :P but I get sending extra invoices is a pain.