Author Topic: [IC] Time TKL (updated photos of the prototype on Oct 25 )  (Read 79607 times)

Offline senter

• * Maker
Re: [IC] Time TKL - 2nd Project of Fox Lab
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 14:57:34 »
I adore this; gotta have one.

One comment I'm seeing regularly (as I'm sure you're aware) is that the design is on the bottom, so you won't see it unless you're picking it up constantly. Got me thinking...

Is a matching case or cover possible? I'm in either way but man, that would really make this thing even more special than it already is. If not now, maybe a future group buy? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of case do you want? In our previous GB there's a suitcase comes with the board. Here's the photo: https://imgur.com/f7PEvqR

Offline stealthbomb

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:55:07 »
I was hoping for a board similar to Fox Orange TKL with the smooth edges and minimalistic design. Now this is totally different design and I think many will like it. Any plans for a R2 of the Fox Orange? (with incline or feet?)

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 16:13:32 »
I was hoping for a board similar to Fox Orange TKL with the smooth edges and minimalistic design. Now this is totally different design and I think many will like it. Any plans for a R2 of the Fox Orange? (with incline or feet?)

R2 of Orange TKL is not in our plan.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 17:01:03 »

One comment I'm seeing regularly (as I'm sure you're aware) is that the design is on the bottom, so you won't see it unless you're picking it up constantly. Got me thinking...

Is a matching case or cover possible? I'm in either way but man, that would really make this thing even more special than it already is. If not now, maybe a future group buy? Just a thought.

What kind of case do you want? In our previous GB there's a suitcase comes with the board. Here's the photo: https://imgur.com/f7PEvqR

Personally i wouldn't mind the same suitcase style case as before my self! That helps keep cost reasonable. That could become a trademark for you all!

Another idea is perhaps something of this design Victorian/Steam Punk! https://i.pinimg.com/736x/10/90/e3/1090e3bc6c6a0e423693af4147783515--dslr-camera-bag-camera-case.jpg The board has a very classy flair and makes me think vintage Victorian area steam punk...

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 17:08:14 »

Personally i wouldn't mind the same suitcase style case as before my self! That helps keep cost reasonable. That could become a trademark for you all!

Another idea is perhaps something of this design Victorian/Steam Punk! https://i.pinimg.com/736x/10/90/e3/1090e3bc6c6a0e423693af4147783515--dslr-camera-bag-camera-case.jpg The board has a very classy flair and makes me think vintage Victorian area steam punk...

Actually the suitcase used for Orange TKL was not the the one we chose at the very beginning. We changed the original option because many people didn't like it.

We value and appreciate people's suggestions. We'll take your suggestion into consideration. Thank you.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 17:18:02 »
Any kind of case that resembles the same quality of the one that came with Orange linked above will be welcomed with open arms here - even if it doesn't stand out, it's a super classy touch and I value that very highly.

Offline ptiede

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 17:32:50 »
If you make this in 75% I will definitely have to get this! It looks amazing.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 22:31:35 »
Any kind of case that resembles the same quality of the one that came with Orange linked above will be welcomed with open arms here - even if it doesn't stand out, it's a super classy touch and I value that very highly.

The quality of the case will be similar but with a different design to match the board.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 23:10:38 »
I'm definitely in if split backspace becomes an option!

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 23:40:53 »
OK. do it !

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 00:01:46 »
OK. do it !

I guess I'll be purchasing my first TKL then :D

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 02:45:53 »
Not my cup of tea but a very interesting design nonetheless. Good luck!

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 05:01:35 »
Looks very complex and neat design sir :thumb:

Offline hormbre

• I am not played by keycaps = =!
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 07:04:32 »
Amazing design ! The success of last GB of Orange makes Fox Lab reliable and highly rated ! Just take my $$$ plz.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 September 2017, 22:09:03 by hormbre »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 08:13:41 »
Amazing design ! The success of last GB of Orange makes Fox Lab reliable and high rated ! Just take my $$$ plz.

Thanks hormbre. Hope to see your XDA melon coming out soon

Offline Vanilluh

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 17:26:57 »
I'm a huge fan of this design and will be participating when it goes live. I know alot of the complaints are that the main design is on the bottom but as long as I know what is there I'm happy  and I'll gladly lift it up to show others lol. Can't wait for this to be here

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 00:14:01 »
I'm so in. Will you support both winkey and winkeyless or only winkeyless?

We will have three options, winkey and two types of winkeyless

Great to hear! I'm in for a winkey version... if I'm lucky enough to get one.
How do you plan on selling these? FCFS, raffle, no limit, etc.?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 00:45:53 »
I honestly thought I would stop buying keyboards, especially that of the MX variety, but I have to get this last one I think.
Though it all depends on the cost. I don't know what we're looking at due to the sorts of parts and cuts there have to be, but fingers crossed for something I can afford.
Then again, if I can't afford it and therefore don't drop my wallet on it, that has its own upsides.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline SBN

[IC] Time TKL - 2nd Project of Fox Lab
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 02:49:44 »
I’m with Oblotzky, the design is too ornate for me but it sure is nice to see you try something different and new! Good luck with the GB!

I hope that the next project will be more of the futuristic. In appearance and maybe also from the layout and the features...wireless, attachable extras (eg. mechanical slider), a window to see the PCB and its LEDs or something else entirely
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 September 2017, 03:22:37 by SBN »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 12:48:51 »
I'm so in. Will you support both winkey and winkeyless or only winkeyless?

We will have three options, winkey and two types of winkeyless

Great to hear! I'm in for a winkey version... if I'm lucky enough to get one.
How do you plan on selling these? FCFS, raffle, no limit, etc.?

It won't be limited.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 13:19:50 »
I know asking for a definitive time frame is totally out of the question.. but whats the time frame your looking at currently to start the group buy.. end the group buy and possibly have products shipping? I ask cause we are getting closer and closer to December and typically December/January is horrible for shipping cause of the Christmas Season here in the United States! I buying in either way if I can afford it and I will do everything I can to make sure I can afford this! I am just trying to get my expectations inline with what to expect cause never done a keyboard buy outside massdrop! I am going to assume this is going to be way different. Which totally down for. 

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 14:18:24 »
I’m with Oblotzky, the design is too ornate for me but it sure is nice to see you try something different and new! Good luck with the GB!

I hope that the next project will be more of the futuristic. In appearance and maybe also from the layout and the features...wireless, attachable extras (eg. mechanical slider), a window to see the PCB and its LEDs or something else entirely

Thanks for your interest. We are looking into something like what you expect.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 14:24:34 »
I know asking for a definitive time frame is totally out of the question.. but whats the time frame your looking at currently to start the group buy.. end the group buy and possibly have products shipping? I ask cause we are getting closer and closer to December and typically December/January is horrible for shipping cause of the Christmas Season here in the United States! I buying in either way if I can afford it and I will do everything I can to make sure I can afford this! I am just trying to get my expectations inline with what to expect cause never done a keyboard buy outside massdrop! I am going to assume this is going to be way different. Which totally down for.

GB will start in next month. You can check our lead time in our previous group buy for reference. We'll mainly use DHL express to ship the packages which is reliable and fast.

If everything goes well, you will get the board before Christmas season for sure.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 14:27:25 »
We're considering to support some popular TKL bare-bones, but we don't have their measurements currently.
Any news in this regards?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 04:43:53 »
I'm a huge fan of this design and will be participating when it goes live. I know alot of the complaints are that the main design is on the bottom but as long as I know what is there I'm happy  and I'll gladly lift it up to show others lol. Can't wait for this to be here
Thank you. I have this idea for a long time, the drawings have been modified many times, I will put my mind !

Offline Softkore

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:36:04 »
Definitely not my style, but huge props on designing one of the most intricate-looking cases I've ever seen. If it were slightly more elegant and less steampunk-y I'd be all over this, but I think this design will be perfect for a lot of people. Great job!

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 20:18:25 »
This is absolutely beautiful, I will be very interested! I have a slight preference to see this as a 75%, but don't mind if this remains a TKL board.

Any rough estimates on the price?

Edit: Also are there plans to make this alps compatible? Not a priority, but would be a nice bonus.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 September 2017, 21:42:37 by Tre3Cycl3S »
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline nurupism

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 05:54:47 »
Edit: Also are there plans to make this alps compatible? Not a priority, but would be a nice bonus.

+1 for interest in Alps compatibility. It was something I had really wanted with the Fox Orange, would be awesome if you offered it with this buy.

Offline Choppersuey

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 06:13:07 »
Looks great, definitely interested if it doesn't cost much more than the Fox Orange  :thumb:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 06:52:23 »
Will the plate have switch top removal? 

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 08:05:18 »
We're considering to support some popular TKL bare-bones, but we don't have their measurements currently.
Any news in this regards?

We checked the measurements. Unfortunately we found it's not that easy to make it compatible because of the position of mini-usb female connectors.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 08:21:01 »
This is absolutely beautiful, I will be very interested! I have a slight preference to see this as a 75%, but don't mind if this remains a TKL board.

I'd say the price will be around $350 by rough estimation but I'm not sure for now.

People ask about ALPS compatible all the time since we started the IC for Orange TKL. This TIME our answer is Yes. The PCB will be compatible with ALPS. We will also provide ALPS version of plates.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 08:21:53 »

+1 for interest in Alps compatibility. It was something I had really wanted with the Fox Orange, would be awesome if you offered it with this buy.

Yes this TIME.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 08:22:45 »
Will the plate have switch top removal?

Yes that will be one of the options

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 10:13:15 »
We checked the measurements. Unfortunately we found it's not that easy to make it compatible because of the position of mini-usb female connectors.
Thanks for checking. I guess the Filco MJ2 PCB could compatible since the connection is made with a HX2.54 header rather than a fixed mini-USB connector.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 13:24:10 »
Wow this looks amazing. The maroon case is phenomenal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 17:01:17 »
Are there plans to have cases in colors other than the ones shown in the renders, like cyan, etc? Also will you be able to mix and match the case/trim colors?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 17:21:05 »
Are there plans to have cases in colors other than the ones shown in the renders, like cyan, etc? Also will you be able to mix and match the case/trim colors?

yeah

that's like standard GB fare
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 18:58:02 »

I'd say the price will be around $350 by rough estimation but I'm not sure for now.

People ask about ALPS compatible all the time since we started the IC for Orange TKL. This TIME our answer is Yes. The PCB will be compatible with ALPS. We will also provide ALPS version of plates.

Perfect! Now I am really REALLY interested in getting one!  :thumb:
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 07:12:20 »

Nice, if  you will go for a 75% version i'm totally intered at this price! 

Offline Melanic

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 12:36:28 »
Very interested. A couple questions.

Will there be any kind of covering for the bottom gear section? Like a clear plastic or glass

And how high is the front of the keyboard? (From table to the top edge of the case)

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 17:38:07 »
Very interesting design. I have a couple of questions.

1. Will it support EU ISO layout?
2. Will a non metal plate be offered? PC, CF...

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 19:46:39 »
This is so sexy.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 20:47:31 »
Very interested. A couple questions.

Will there be any kind of covering for the bottom gear section? Like a clear plastic or glass

And how high is the front of the keyboard? (From table to the top edge of the case)

The gears won't be covered since they won't be fragile at all.

The distance is about 2.4cm in our current design.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 20:48:33 »

Thanks!

1. EU ISO layout will be supported.
2. Unfortunately no, but we can provide the design file of the plate.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 21:02:07 »
Will there be color samples for the case,plate,gears?

Also do you think if we have it pre built that Kailh box switches could be a optional switch choice? I know Gateron/Cherry's where offered with the first buy.

I know had some other questions sorry I been asking so many!

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 21:35:56 »

Also do you think if we have it pre built that Kailh box switches could be a optional switch choice? I know Gateron/Cherry's where offered with the first buy.

We will have color samples later.

Yes, we can provide assemble service with Kailh Box switches pre-soldered.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 21:49:05 »

We will have color samples later.

Yes, we can provide assemble service with Kailh Box switches pre-soldered.

Thank you you for the quick reply's I am really excited and glad to here box switches would be a option!

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 04:35:04 »

Thanks!

1. EU ISO layout will be supported.
2. Unfortunately no, but we can provide the design file of the plate.

Thank you senter. That's good news!

Offline jacky

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 20:10:21 »
Omg. Amazing. Very interesting design. I am in